Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Drift City Official Server and Client thread

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i talked to checkpoint. All we need is a closed beta client.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you for the wonderful and helpful post which totally contributes to this thread.
And there is some progress, I managed to get a working character list.

With what client?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
well i think this could work.. if we have the working client.. WHICH ONE?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
did you make it worked? even there's a few error/s?
what are the features working right now? and which is not working..?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you make it worked? even there's a few error/s?
what are the features working right now? and which is not working..?

How about you quit being a leech, and just see for yourself the current development status by actually taking a look into one of these threads?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i'm not a leecher.. i'm just trying to help.. thats why i'm asking.!

why don't you? huh!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i'm asking for a general review..
the process.. you know

like for example:

game login - working?
game shop - working?
gift function - working?
and the race - working?

just like that..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm asking for a general review..
the process.. you know

like for example:

game login - working?
game shop - working?
gift function - working?
and the race - working?

just like that..

... Here, lemme make it easier.
====> WE CAN'T GET PAST THE Ducking CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN <====

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
so the character selection screen.. doesnt that have to do with some server sided work or no.. correct me if im wrong im just throwing ideas out. I cant find a client on my end either. ive been trying torrents but nothing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so the character selection screen.. doesnt that have to do with some server sided work or no.. correct me if im wrong im just throwing ideas out. I cant find a client on my end either. ive been trying torrents but nothing.
Well, here's how I think it works (and Checkpoint can correct me if I'm wrong, which I most likely am)
*Client sends username and password to Auth server, receives a packet stating that it's true or false.
*If true, client continues on to the server selection screen, which lists all lobbies to connect to (possibly another authserver function)
*If you select a certain lobby, client connects to said lobby and receives a character select screen. Now here's where it gets tricky- character list is always faulty in all the clients I tried, which means that the lobby protocol is different
*If the lobby protocol were correct, we've got another problem- entering the game. Here's where the GameServer kicks in.

Now, theoretically speaking, the GameServer protocol could be the same with Ijji clients, meaning that if we managed to emulate the Lobby (and possibly fix the Authserver), we can manage to get a DriftCity server up and running. I'm already trying to emulate a Lobby server, but I'm fairly new to this emulation business, so don't expect much from me, but hey- it's an idea.

If only we had more developers working on this, we might be able to get these serverfiles running, or at least a working emulator (which may use the latest client).

Just a couple of thoughts, I'm open to suggestions.

Back