Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[need help]Unpacking american client

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got (it's closest for a compilation date of our server)

So, i made some first steps to skip a "game needs to be started from homepage" message, to pass a file to script that will unpack ASProtect 1.23 RC1.

So, here are first breakpoints:
Code:
Breakpoints
Address    Module     Active                                                      Disassembly                           Comment
007DD147   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    MOV CH,DH
007DD203   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    POP DS
007DD2E0   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    DEC EBP
007DD3C0   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    JLE SHORT DriftCit.007DD3CF
007DD55F   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    INC EDX
007DD701   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    XCHG EAX,EDX
007DD72B   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    AND AL,BH
007DD764   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    HLT
007DD80E   DriftCit   Disabled                                                    ADC EAX,15304C7D

And i have an address of a function that launches that message, it is: 004A91E0

But i can do nothing to put a breakpoint there, beacause adding a breakpoint causes a setting readonly state for data that it holds, and while unpacking i get message with text like "Protection error: 45". How can i stop execution when IP equals some adress, without putting a preakpoint into this adress?

Last edited:
Back