Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Protocol dumping

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I figured I'd take a bit of a stroll with wireshark, and see what happens. I came upon something a little interesting..
Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:08:03 GMT
Server: NHN
Content-Length: 335
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /ccu/gather.nhn
on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 403 Forbidden
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>
As you can see, the server tried to access

Now, some might think that this is irrelevant- but why would the Taiwanese server, which should have nothing to do with Ijji or NHN (American and a Korean mother corporate), connect to the NHN server? So far, we've been looking for a Taiwanese client- what if one of the Ijji client patches sometime around mid-2008 would contain an updated runnable that is compatible with the server files? We are no longer looking for a full client in this case, since Ijji used the launcher to update, rather a specific runnable that someone uploaded sometime then. Ideas?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seems to me like you have set the client to LocaleIndex of 1(US) instead of 4(TW).You will notice that if you change the LocaleIndex to 4 it will try and connect to one of the HANGAME servers. If you look above the packet dump you will also notice there is a packet exchange between the hangame server->ZoneServer before it actually resolves to the DNS. It seems there is an additional stage to the gameserver creation.
Code:
Request URI: /gamestatic/gameconn.nhn?m=gameconn&gameid=K_SKID&servername=100&conncount=0
Host: alpha-publish.hangame.com
EDIT: Just figured out it is part of HanRTA.dll and HanRTAD.dll. We might be on to something *knocks on wood*
Also, setting RealService to 1 in the ZoneServerConfig would change the host that query is sent to.
EDIT2: Nevermind, it seems to be the player counter.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When you say it's the player counter, do you mean that the server is actually trying to submit the number of online players (like a poll, or the number of players online, etc.?)
Thanks for pointing out the LocaleIndex thing, I never would have guessed it, but this also removes another idea floating around: the server protocol wasn't made specifically and uniquely for Taiwan, ergo we should be able to connect with any of the clients from another locale, as long as the zoneserver supports the locale in question. This eliminates the need to search for a Taiwan-only client, meaning that a Korean or European client from back then would most certainly do.

Back