Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE]DriftDetour

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hope we are able to get something working.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol CheckPoint, was the client I gave you it or no? I found many clients from different months, of 07, 08. Talk to u when u wake up.

Revolution-Entrepreneur
Reaction score
Damn you Cosmos, you have been developing this like 5 months straight. Lol. Get a kitkat, *Damn you, might get hacked by him*

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Guys, i haven't really read that much, but i'm willing to help to get the files working. I got a bit experience with this kind of stuff.

I have a few questions about the files actually:

So these are the official drift city files? - If no, what are they?
Are these files included with a database file?
What's the datestamp on the files (when are they built)?

I would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: after some huge boredom, i read a bit about it.
Checkpoint, if you say it crashes after loading, it means it receives an invalid packet OR there are some client files missing(i doubt this one tho). We could log the packets from the official server and the one of the files. We can't start making our own packet format, but i'm pretty sure we could filter the packet and send our own. But all-in-all, we first need to check the difference between the packets, that way, we could see what's wrong :D

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Good to see others still trying to get the files working, great job.

About the client crashing i think it was stated awhile back that you may need both the 0.4i client and update/patch.

Also may i asked, what clients i have you guys tried so far?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So these are the official drift city files? - If no, what are they?
Are these files included with a database file?
What's the datestamp on the files (when are they built)?

I would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: after some huge boredom, i read a bit about it.
Checkpoint, if you say it crashes after loading, it means it receives an invalid packet OR there are some client files missing(i doubt this one tho). We could log the packets from the official server and the one of the files. We can't start making our own packet format, but i'm pretty sure we could filter the packet and send our own. But all-in-all, we first need to check the difference between the packets, that way, we could see what's wrong :D

As far as I know the server files were in-complete, tho he found a way to get them working, and for now he is still searching for a game client that matches the server build version. Drift city was also dropped by ijji, so any packet sniffing on dift city isn't possible any more. His current problem is matching the client/server versions, if I'm correct he's looking for the 2008 beta or something like that.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As far as I know the server files were in-complete, tho he found a way to get them working, and for now he is still searching for a game client that matches the server build version. Drift city was also dropped by ijji, so any packet sniffing on dift city isn't possible any more. His current problem is matching the client/server versions, if I'm correct he's looking for the 2008 beta or something like that.

Hm, i see. Maybe some reverse engineering on the server files could provide a more accurate date for the client. I'll try to look into the files this weekend. Let's see what i can find :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hm, i see. Maybe some reverse engineering on the server files could provide a more accurate date for the client. I'll try to look into the files this weekend. Let's see what i can find :D

The ZoneServer was compiled on:
May 20,2008
The XLT files(data files that exist on the AGTs) have a modification date of 6/2/2008.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Btw,for those interested.
IRC Server:
embyr.fyrechat.net
Channel:
#driftcity
To join via mibbit,type in /join #driftcity.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amazing, I support you in this. I hope you finish this, cause Drift City is an epic game, but has very limited customization, but once Private Server's work, I think the full potential of the game will be released. Good work!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am really interesting in this project. I have the "GreenTea" Server files, but I was wondering how would I start the 2007 client to connect to the server. Do I need to create an edited client to connect the the server. I am just wondering how do you start the client to connect to the server?

I am asking this because the client connect through the website (which doesn't exist anymore. How do you start the client?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I am really interesting in this project. I have the "GreenTea" Server files, but I was wondering how would I start the 2007 client to connect to the server. Do I need to create an edited client to connect the the server. I am just wondering how do you start the client to connect to the server?

I am asking this because the client connect through the website (which doesn't exist anymore. How do you start the client?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

http://forum.ragezone.com/f625/driftcity-client-723615/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got server up without any connection errors, so now im downloading game client for some tests)

Back