Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So about Rice....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So me and my guys found rice, but could not do much with it since we couldn't get it to connect to the MySQL Database. I'm sure that my guys created a DB themselves but does rice come with a DB? If so or if not, How would you get rice to connect to the DB?

They resorted to using the old client and server but Ive been looking around this forum and saw that almost everyone was pointing to rice, so i got curious.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Who are you and your guys? And yes, if you had taken a better look you'd have noticed Rice comes with a database.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Team of devs who stay hidden untill they completed making a (successful) drift city private server.
Me? Im just a guy. Im Mr. Nobody.

But idk it came with a DB. Do you (or anyone in this case) know how to connect to it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If your "team of devs" is not even capable of setting up the server properly then I doubt they'll be able to finish Rice and make a successful server.

Really, it's not that hard. If you had done some research you would've gotten it to work.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it comes with the database (.sql) dump.
If it doesn't, what's the problem reading the code and figuring it out?
The code has all the information, from table names, columns, types, byte lengths, etc... you can build your DB off of it.

Good luck :)

Back