So about Rice....

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    MoonpalaceLocation
    9Posts

So about Rice....

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

So me and my guys found rice, but could not do much with it since we couldn't get it to connect to the MySQL Database. I'm sure that my guys created a DB themselves but does rice come with a DB? If so or if not, How would you get rice to connect to the DB?

They resorted to using the old client and server but Ive been looking around this forum and saw that almost everyone was pointing to rice, so i got curious.

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    17Posts

Re: So about Rice....

Who are you and your guys? And yes, if you had taken a better look you'd have noticed Rice comes with a database.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    MoonpalaceLocation
    9Posts

Team of devs who stay hidden untill they completed making a (successful) drift city private server.
    Me? Im just a guy. Im Mr. Nobody.

But idk it came with a DB. Do you (or anyone in this case) know how to connect to it?

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    17Posts

If your "team of devs" is not even capable of setting up the server properly then I doubt they'll be able to finish Rice and make a successful server.

Really, it's not that hard. If you had done some research you would've gotten it to work.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    988Posts

I'm pretty sure it comes with the database (.sql) dump.
    If it doesn't, what's the problem reading the code and figuring it out?
    The code has all the information, from table names, columns, types, byte lengths, etc... you can build your DB off of it.

Good luck :)
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

Advertisement