Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stuck at "Processing Authentication"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using the Rice launcher + the server files that were put online a while back. When I type a username or password in it says "processing authentication" but nothing ever happens.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Check the window of Rice for more help. Is it connected to the database? Then username and password is admin .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I tell if its connected to the db? I know the client connects to the server because I tried it without server running and got a different error.

Reaction score
Hope I don't push old posts but:

It's a bug in the emulator. It's lowering the username in the database cache but not the one that you enter.

So:

In the Database there is:
GigaToni -> emu changes it to -> gigatoni

I login via:
GigaToni -> emu doesn't do anything -> GigaToni

And finally
GigaToni != gigatoni

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hope I don't push old posts but:

It's a bug in the emulator. It's lowering the username in the database cache but not the one that you enter.

So:

In the Database there is:
GigaToni -> emu changes it to -> gigatoni

I login via:
GigaToni -> emu doesn't do anything -> GigaToni

And finally
GigaToni != gigatoni

I'm not sure what you mean. In the database the username and password is "admin".
There's only one query referencing usernames and that is to retrieve an account, which uses the username in the exact same case as the game sends.
Whether the query succeeds or not is entirely up to the database's evaluation of the comparison, not Rice itself.

Reaction score
It's not a database issue. If you have a user in the database something like
GigaToni

you can't login..

if (p.Ticket == ticket && p.User.Username.ToLower() == username)

Should be:

if (p.Ticket == ticket && p.User.Username.ToLower() == username.ToLower())

EDIT:
Also I am not good at reverse engineering and wanted to help a little bit but unfortunately I don't know the packet structure.. I only got with ReadUnicode 1 String that is spitting out "room". After that it's empty (ReadInt16 returns 0 and ReadUnicode return " ")

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not a database issue. If you have a user in the database something like
GigaToni

you can't login..

Should be:

Ah, right. Forgot about the ticket verification bit.
Although I'd be better off removing the lowercase conversion altogether to make usernames completely case sensitive.
I'm not sure whether they are case sensitive or not in the official server, though, but it shouldn't matter.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
at GamesCampus u can login for examle with Marmaduke or marmaduke or MaRmaduke or any other combination its not case sensitive

Back