Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    meow

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

[Guide] Setting up your own server [With and without Hamachi]

In this tutorial I'm going to show you how to set up your own Minecraft server,
    with and without hamachi.
    Let's get started shall we?

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST JAVA VERSION.

1. Make sure that you have Java 6 installed. To do so first we need to open up CMD.
      • In Vista/7 open the start menu and enter cmd in the search field, and press enter.
      • In XP open the start menu and click Run, then enter cmd and press enter. You can also hold the Windows key down and press R to open Run.
      • At the command prompt, enter the following command, and press enter: java -version
      • Java then should display its version, and should read "java version 1.6"

2. If you have a previous version (less than 1.6) or you get this error: "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.", then you need to install/update the computers java version. You can do so at the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    3. After you installed the latest java try again with java -version. If you get an error at this point, try the following to add java to your system path.
      1. Right click Computer
      2. Click properties
      3. Click "Advanced system settings"
      4. Click "Environment Variables"
      5. Under system variables, find the Path variable.
      6. Click edit, and append to the end of the value: ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"
      7. Now re-open the command prompt and try again.

Hamachi
    I'm gonna start this of with the hamachi version, wich is the easiest and quickest way
    to set up your own server, and the best if your just gonna make the server
    for you and your friend(s).

1. So, first of all, make sure everyone that's gonna play on the server
    has hamachi that can be downloaded @ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2. Install hamachi and make your own network. Name it to your likings and make a easy password, for example Network: OMGIMSOOP Password: 1234 and have your friends join it once they have installed hamachi to.
    3. Download the server software that can be found @ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Put the .exe in a folder unless you want your desktop to get messy.
    4. Now run the server.exe and when you see the message in the log that says "DONE!" close it down and go and find the Server-Properties in for example Notepad, find the line where it says "server ip=" and enter your Hamachi-IP.
    (It's found next to your name in your hamachi-window.)
    5. Run server.exe again and it should connect to your Hamachi-IP.
    When it's done saying something about "spawnarea" and alot of %
    start up your minecraft and go into "multiplayer" write in the IP that you wrote in your Server-Properties A.K.A your Hamachi-IP.
    Let the game load properly.
    It might crash a few times and be laggy for the first minutes, but that is normal.

Portforwarding.
    So, this step is a bit harder and takes more time, but it's the ultimate way if you wanna have a big server with people from many diffrent countries you don't even know.
    1. Download the server like you would do in the hamachi way @ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2. Run the server.exe and make sure it works, when it says "DONE!" close it down and go into the Server-Properties.txt.

3. If your computer is connected to a router, open and forward the port that is set for use with the server (The default is 25565). For help with port forwarding, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is a good source, alternatively one can read the documentation supplied with the router, modem, or other ISP related hardware.
    4. Verify the port is open and note your external IP by using a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    5. To test your server (even if the ports aren't open), select the "Multiplayer" option in the game client (or browser client), and type in "localhost". For people connecting from the internet, they must connect using your external IP. This can be found using the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] mentioned earlier. The port must show as open for these users to connect.
    If all else fails, the official [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] have users with information and tutorials for hosting servers.

EDITING YOUR SERVER, MAKE YOURSELF OP/ADMIN.
    So when your read this, I asume you have made your own server, and I bet you now want to make yourself op/admin over your own server so you have those fancy commands, maybe take away monsters, maybe change the world to the Nether?
    Then take a look down below.

To make yourself op/admin, find the ops.txt and add your name, for example "Billy" if that is your Minecraft username, the name you use to log onto Minecraft.
    Changing your settings to the Nether, take away the monsters and all that other fancy stoff is done in the Server-Properties.
    If you need a guide to edit it, you can find one @ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    That guide goes through the most basic stuff.

So I guess that's it for me.
    Hope you understood my guide, if you ever come across this and you need help, feel free to post your questions and I'll try to get back to you whenever I'm on RaGEZONE.

I need money in RS. Help? TiMxD's Avatar

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Re: [Guide] Setting up your own server [With and without Hamachi]

Nice. I can only host a Hamachi one until tuesday or wednesday of next week. Grr.
    I rarely visit RaGEZONE anymore. Don't ask me why because I don't know. It's like it doesn't want me here even when I want to. Whatever.. 12/05/13

Hardcore Member

Rank
    Likes (Received)

When i try and Connect it says Conetion lost:
    User not Permeir

:O

how to fix?

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

The MineCraft.net server went down for a bit. You should be able to log in now as long as your account is premium as in you bought the game.
    I rarely visit RaGEZONE anymore. Don't ask me why because I don't know. It's like it doesn't want me here even when I want to. Whatever.. 12/05/13

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Bro. I follow every steps of urs. i still cant figure out wad happen.

i got Java that is abv 1.6
    i got hamachi & minecraft server downloaded.
    i got my IP written and save.

And i got Connection Lost.

Either - Failed to login: user not premium.
    or - End of stream.

i oso view on other people's guide some said that its a need to put
    name on the Ops. and white list? Maybe this might help u ans me :)

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Try Tunngle: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Look at my User Title...
    I disappear from time to time :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I need a hair cut soon... ._.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Can you get the MineCraft for free?

Registered

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLite View Post
    Can you get the MineCraft for free?
    Of course you can. But that would be very disrespectful to Notch. Plus, it won't be any better than buying it. If you buy it, you get full features.

Head Finance Boob island Darksta's Avatar

Rank
    Winner!!!
    Likes (Received)

well... this seems alright (: +1

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

i need the hamachi folder in a .zip or .rar because the installer stuffs up for me :/ idkwhy its only hamachi that does it. so can someone download/install then compress the folder into a zip/rar and upload it for me~ thanks :3
    Last edited by Darksta; 30-04-11 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dang View Post
    Ho chi minh ! Vietnam vietnam walao walao la la ho chi minhhhhhh! i drink nuoc mam like its water!

Registered

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NomStory View Post
    well... this seems alright (: +1

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

i need the hamachi folder in a .zip or .rar because the installer stuffs up for me :/ idkwhy its only hamachi that does it. so can someone download/install then compress the folder into a zip/rar and upload it for me~ thanks :3
    Might as well forget Hamachi and portforward. Would be better :D

Rank
    Likes (Received)

how do you connect to your own server say i dont want to host it or anything i just want a way to play without paying for the game because im not one to spend money on a game without at least being able to try it :/

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

also it tells me user not premium then where it says play offline just underneath it theres a bit of text that says "(Not Downloaded)" how the heck do i make it download so i can play offline?
    If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0

I had a fortune cookie the other day and it said: ‘Outlook not so good’. I said: ‘Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway’

Rank
    True Member
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut1337 View Post
    also it tells me user not premium then where it says play offline just underneath it theres a bit of text that says "(Not Downloaded)" how the heck do i make it download so i can play offline?
    In order to download it to play offline, you have to log into a premium account and it will download. If you don't want to buy the game, you can torrent it, but that would be disrespectful to Notch in every way possible. Just buy the game, if you can't, then play Classic.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

hello i have tried this portforwarding way and followed all the instaructions and with the newset java any time i try to connect to my server it says "connection refused:connect" what does this mean and how can i get onto my server

Rank
    Likes (Received)

Aussie minecraft hamachi server.

Josh's Hamachi server-/HAMACHI/PVP/FACTIONS/ANTICREEPER/

Hamachi Network Name-kamenpvp

Hmachi Network Pass-123

Come join this awesome community and have some fun!

once your in the hamachi network connect to my server using the ip of the hamachi network.

Rank
    Likes (Received)

can someone mirror the server file to mediafire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast