Difficult but thanks!
This is a discussion on How to Convert HD MKV to Blu-ray DVD5/DVD9 within the PS3 Tutorials forums, part of the PS3 Jailbreak category; Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator is a small GUI that automates the process of TSMuxer and converts automaticaly your ...
Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator is a small GUI that automates the process of TSMuxer and converts automaticaly your high definition matroska video files (.mkv) to AVCHD DVD. AVCHD is a codec made by $ony for its handycams and the AVCHD DVDs can be reproduced only on PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray Players.
Download: Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator v2.2
But whats so special about this little program? Well all of you have some terrabytes of high definition .mkv movies that sit on your HDD and take a huge amount of precious space. Now it's time to backup all this video files, but PlayStation 3 and the Blu-ray players doesnt support the .mkv format.
Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator will convert all your HD .mkv files in bootable AVCHD DVDs without reducing the quality of your HD movies. Say you have a movie that it is 4.36GB and its 1280x720 at 23.976 fps after you pass it on Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator it will convert it to AVCHD DVD as it is 1280x720 at 23.976 fps. The best thing is that it takes only 2-3 minutes for the process!
How to use it:
1) Extract the contents of the .exe file at the root directory of one of your HDDs, like C:\
In the same dir without subdirectories place your .mkv and .srt file. It's important that the name of the .mkv and .srt doesnt contain any invalid character like % . @ or even blank spaces. A good example is:
2) Now run the Advanced High Definition Video Disk Creator.exe and at:
Filename of .mkv file enter the name of your .mkv file without the extension .mkv
Filename of .srt file enter the name of your .srt file without the extension .srt
3) If you want to add external subtitles check the box "With Subtitles" or else check the box that says "Without Subtitles".
4) Choose the sound type of your .mkv container: AC3 or DTS.
5) If you know the exact Width Height and FPS write them or else leave the default width height and fps.
6) Press the create meta file button.
7) Press the create iSO button.
8) Burn your iSO with your favorite burning application. If the iso size is < 4.37GB you need a DVD5
else if the iSO size is > 4.37GB you'll need a DVD9.
That's it! :D
I take No credits for this.
Difficult but thanks!
Or use "total video converter". Its just drop and drop.
Or use PS3 media server and stream MKV's directly from your pc to your ps3.