This is old but can help people out.
Anyways good job :)
This is a discussion on How To JailBreak Your Ps3 [FW - 3.55] within the PS3 Tutorials forums, part of the PS3 Jailbreak category; JB [JailBreaking], has never been easier. To Jailbreak PS3 on 3.55 only: 1. Plug a USB stick into your computer ...
JB [JailBreaking], has never been easier.
To Jailbreak PS3 on 3.55 only:
1. Plug a USB stick into your computer or laptop. Depending on what one you have.
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3 (Not anything else)
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE (The Ps3 Folder you created earlier)
4. Download Download JailBreak.zip
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
http://forum.ragezone.com/f637/check-jb-799488/ Go to here, to check you've done it right so far!
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3 (The first USB port is easier + Faster supposedly)
8. Navigate to Settings Tab
9. Choose System Update
10. Choose Update via Storage Media
11. It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
12. Choose OK
13. Accept Conditions and Install Update (Even though this is against their T&C's)
14. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
15. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
16. Your PS3 is now jailbroken!
Have fun with a JB PS3.
Last edited by zMagenta; 03-12-11 at 07:46 PM.
Nice, I was thinking of doing one for the 3.73 spoofer.
Additionally, there is a little tool that PsDev from PSX-Scene quickly developed a little tool that checks if you've done everything right in your stick. I think this could also be useful if the jailbreak didn't work because of a typo or wrongly named folder.
Download LinkHow to: Just place the .exe file in your flash drive where you have your folders and cfw setup run it and it will tell you if there is a typo, the foldername correct, the pup name correct and then if so it tell you your ready to go. THE PROGRAM HAS TO BE RIGHT WHERE THE FOLDERS ARE REMEMBER
With everything correct-
it should look like that ^^^^^
WITH A ERROR like wrong spelled folder
Link is broken D:
Does this tutorial also works with 4.00?
Thanks in Advanced.
Meh, I definitely prefer buying the games
than having to be aware of updates, I don't wan't my PS3 to get screwed :S
Nice tutorial, helped a lot!
Rest In Peace, To my dog Sparky. Never forgotten <3