This is a discussion on How to Set Up Your PlayStation 3 for XLink Kai Online within the PS3 Tutorials forums, part of the PS3 Jailbreak category; How to Set Up Your PlayStation 3 for XLink Kai Online Before you start , make sure that everything is ...
How to Set Up Your PlayStation 3 for XLink Kai Online
Before you start , make sure that everything is on the same network.
1. Start up XLink Kai first before you switch on your Playstation 3 !
2. Switch on your Playstation 3 & you should see a message that says : DNS Error . Don't panic , it suppost to do that . If you don't get the DNS error , then go to section 3 as well.
3. Now start up a Playstation 3 game with a lan option. Go to the multiplayer of the game and go to the lan option. Press Join Game.
4. No go back to XLink Kai and check the Diagnostics Mode. (Clicking that globe should take you to the screen shown below. Let it sit at that screen for a few seconds than click on the magnifying glass next to the globe in the upper right-hand corner labeled "Switch to Diagnostics Mode.")
5. In the section with the check mark, under "Network Reachable" it should read as YES. In the section with the green arrow, under "Network Card" it should read your PC's network card. Underneath that where it says "Locked" it should read as YES. If you're network card is not locked, Kai will not be able to configure your Playstation 3 correctly.
6. Now finally the moment of truth. Are your PS3 and Kai Engine configured correctly to work together...?
Click on the folder tab underneath the question mark in the upper right-hand corner labeled "Switch to Diagnostics View." There you should see a message that says "Sony PlayStation 3, configured successfully." Similar to what's seen below in the picture... Yes , it's a picture of a PS2, but if it says : configured successfully, then your ok to go. It's also possible that you only see a mac adress , when it's not red your also ok to go.
7. This is the configuration I had to do to make XLink Kai work for me. Those that I've helped with their setups using this same configuration have pretty much all been successful if they've followed the directions. There are also other methods of conneting your computer & Playstation 3 to the Kai engine, such as the Dual NIC method, which can be found in the XLink Setup Help section. I hope this helps any of you having problems with your XLink...
8. Once you finished playing on XLink Kai & you want to play on the PSN Network again , close XLink Kai & restart your Playstation 3. There will be no DNS Error & you will be able again to play on PSN.
I would like to thank XLink Kai and Gtplanet.net for the help with this Guide.
- original tutorial by M1k3_NL
- transfer and minor edits by (-TU-)Kovert-xX
Here is a list of PlayStation 3 Games (with a lan option) that work with XLink Kai:
- Blazing Angels 2 Multiplayer Demo
- Call of Duty 4
- Rainbow Six Vegas
- The Darkness
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
- Kane & Lynch Dead Man
I take No credits for this.