Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The truth about Iris and the JPN "1.18" files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Its been a while and it seems like the community hasn't gotten any source to work. I am going to give you a little background of the released files from timebomb. I do not mean to demean anyone in this thread in any way, just to explain them.

I started zIris with the hope that it will be like flyff, a game for everyone to play for years down the road. I hoped for development to rise and for this section to be one of the better sections on ragezone, however there was a major problem, there was no source. Unlike other games, Iris had to be different. You couldn't just add items and then see them in game, no, the resource files had restrictions in which you could barely add anything in. You were required to more or less have a source if you plan to continue your game. No matter what zIris had to supplement for the lack of a GM client (at the time), or the lack of security for the game, it just wasn't enough.

One day, I was given a set of iris source files from an unknown source (since I wish for them to remain unknown), and I was so excited that I started editing the files. These files were definitely different than the alpha files, because it was a much larger source, and it seemed to be complete, however, they weren't. I didn't notice the name of the folder until I rared for my first backup. They was version 1.12. The version wasn't 1.18, and wouldn't be until they were coded in, which I planned on doing. So, I changed the version to 1.18, along with the version that was inside the client "1.18.201", and sent it to timebomb. I tried explaining to timebomb that it wasn't finished for 1.18 and it still needed work, but none-the-less, he thought he really had the 1.18 files and I couldn't really say elsewise because he thought he really had gold. He then posted the source without my consent, and it was spread like wildfire. I really couldn't stop it from being sent, but I couldn't just say, "Hey! They are 1.12 files! The files are lying!" without there being a fight.

The truth is that I have the real 1.18 files that are legit. They are password protected .7z with, I believe, AES-256 encoding, which include Korean characters. The files came from code175, which took roughly 48 hours to download at 10kb/s. If someone can help me crack this file then I can almost assure you that I'll get it working and released to the public. PM me if you are interested in cracking the file.

Also,
Thank you for reading. I appreciate it. Please leave all demeaning comments to yourselves. We are all here for the common purpose of getting the development of iris running again. Thank you for your time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you mean that the iris version in code175 is real 1.18?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sadly, its impossible to crack the password, only chance its to someone that know the password

Back