Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do you want to know?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How you masked the ip of your server in your client Hellfire?

In patch.ini?

Where 174.**.*.*** ip in the Hellfire client and how work another ip?

Thank for tips.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score

In patch.ini?

Thank for tips.

wel, i used 2 trick from this forum:
1) remove the reference to free.dll on irisclient.exe so no need patch.ini

2)used the util IPV4_To_INETD (posted in this forum too) to convert the ip.. BUT on my case dont work at first try, so need to do this:
a) create a .bat with "irisclient.exe xxxxxxxxxxxxx" where xxxxxxxxxx is the ip converted, run it.. and ofc is not going to work BUT use a program named cports (google it, is free) to detect to what ip is trying to connect irisclient.exe, the convert that new ip again using IPV4_To_INETD and done, the new converted it works perfect.

cant check for links right now, is near 2am and im falling asleep. post here if you have any question. thx

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
THX for the tip that I helped.
I love u :)

Why the IP is not displayed in clear text in the patch.ini?

Thx for u time

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
to be honest, i have no idea how patch.ini works. the config.exe shows me only weird characters ( i bet is korean or something) and i have no idea if need to type something, press enter or w/e

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have had the v0.0 source code fully working/compiled about 6months before it was released, I was wondering what differences there are in the v1.18+ files. The v0.0 source seemed very poorly organized, I would imagine it went through a severe rewrite at some point.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
really i have no idea, i use lucky one (1.18kr + 1.18 hellfire client)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alright, so I will also be answering everyone's questions as well. Please just ask clear questions and I shall deliver.

timebomb, to server "1.18.20001" not save the exp of the guild, you know how to fix this?

Thanks

You are using the wrong resource files probably. Try using the same resource files that deal with the guild from the 1.18 resource files. The 1.18 resource files should work on the 1.18.201 files without any issues.

First of all, you people at RZ do a GREAT job!

now, time to ask some weird things:

1) i manage to run "normal server" + circus ( still testing so i dont load the other "themes") but i find a weird thing.. i can buy some teleports to go to places lvl 40+.. but no teleport on map to reach snowfield (to enter circus) at looging area.. anyone know what is the problem, and more important, how to fix it? (im using 1.18 from hellfire - got it from a post here)

2) if i want to run the other "themes" on another pc, need to create the odbc on the pc pointing to the sql server, right? and need to run on the server on that pc, or all of the programs (log server, etc)?

Your issue is that your navfield/mapdata files probably have missing files or they aren't configured correctly. I'd be willing to look at your files via teamviewer. Add me on msn:
Spanky@zumina.net

As long as you don't ask me to set up your server, I am willing to give you some points.

In patch.ini?

Thank for tips.

Lucky has released the tool for the patch.ini in his thread because I requested him to release the tool. It should be in one of the threads that he started.

to be honest, i have no idea how patch.ini works. the config.exe shows me only weird characters ( i bet is korean or something) and i have no idea if need to type something, press enter or w/e

Patch.ini is basically your IP but encoded so people wouldn't be able to figure out what your IP is. Of course this could be worked around, but thats another discussion.

Hello, I have had the v0.0 source code fully working/compiled about 6months before it was released, I was wondering what differences there are in the v1.18+ files. The v0.0 source seemed very poorly organized, I would imagine it went through a severe rewrite at some point.

As far as I know the v0.0 has a few differences:
-Guild system is different, guild exp system/skills aren't put in.
-v1.0+ seem to have a few different skills that wasn't in v0.0 (Like Hellfire (the aoe) doesn't work in the original version among other skills)
-There isn't a pre-made "newbie" guild which encourages new players to chat alongside other community members.
-There isn't an auto-walking system so players can go automatically to other maps to finish guild quests faster.
-There aren't any instance dungeons in the beta version.
-A few columns have been added to item_define file (That might not be the exact name but you get the point), as well to a few item definitions aren't defined.
-Security is a major issue in this version. Somehow in this version, as long as you have a gm client and know the box of the server, you can have gm authority and crash the server.

This is all that is on the top of my mind.

how to connect eng client with server?
There is no english client. You edit the language files in the language folder.

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thx a lot ZuminaSpanky, finaly fixed the teleport problem using the file mapchangepos.txt from client 1.19 (resource.pack file) looks like hellfire 1.18 was missing a lot of portals, around 15-20 portals)

i keep im mind the team server if something goes really wrong. thx a lot

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,i have a question~
how to enable tutorial mode?
i cannot config a gameserver run as tutorial server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
thx a lot ZuminaSpanky, finaly fixed the teleport problem using the file mapchangepos.txt from client 1.19 (resource.pack file) looks like hellfire 1.18 was missing a lot of portals, around 15-20 portals)

No problem. Anytime.

okey~~i see~~~

Tutorial Server is just like any server. They need to be started from the GameServer.exe, via a batch file. I guess you have figured it out already though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah,but i have another problem...now
when i select tutorial mode in client,after create character,connot connect to server..
i 'll figure it out tonight~

Tutorial Server is just like any server. They need to be started from the GameServer.exe, via a batch file. I guess you have figured it out already though.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
when i select tutorial mode in client,after create character,connot connect to server..

you see it online at server tool? like server 1 channel 501?
and on login server, it reach state 2? (if only say state 1 is not loaded/running)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

That server is not up. When a server isn't up, you can't connect to it.

You need to make sure that the server is functioning. xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The problem is that the files "script" are not the same between the server and the client. Copy the script from the server to the client!

I have questions:
How to change the exp quests and gold without having to modify each independently quest?

The circus dungeon is empty! No mob! Where i look?

Thank you in advance for your time!

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the files "script" are not the same between the server and the client. Copy the script from the server to the client!

I have questions:
How to change the exp quests and gold without having to modify each independently quest?

The circus dungeon is empty! No mob! Where i look?

Thank you in advance for your time!

yup, fixed it copying the file from client 1.19 to 1.18+ server

about the circus.. what server are you using ? 1.18kr? unless you edited something on script folder, it works with no need of any modification.

check if on script folder ( at server) you have 2 files, named monsterregen200_1.txt and monsterregen200_2.txt
if im not wrong is the mob list of circus.

i can check more later, formating the server pc and reinstalling iris server right now

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you, respawn file was corrupt! corrected
Could you send me the file rates gold xp and quests please?

Thx in advance.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you, respawn file was corrupt! corrected
Could you send me the file rates gold xp and quests please?

Thx in advance.

search inside every txt for strings like
exp 10503
sxp 15756
money 3825

and replace with your desire exp/sp/money and reward

and to change gold/drop/sp/exp rates on real time ( no need to restart server) use this awesome tool

http://forum.ragezone.com/f640/release-iris-tool-733577/

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back