Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do you want to know?

Reaction score
As most of you know, I have a lot of knowledge in regards to Iris private server files, as well quite a bit of knowledge involving the politics of some Iris Online pservers, source, etc etc.

I am willing to leak any and all information I currently have to you guys. But I am not going to just spill it all. I will answer only specific [i.e. not vague] questions related to anything Iris Online pserver. This could be a specific question about how a specific file in the resources works, or where something is located, or even if this or that server has source.. and where they got it from.

I will answer everything to the best of my ability. My answers will be based solely on what I know up to this point. I have not done much in Iris lately, nor have I talked with anyone "important" in regards to Iris Online pservers [& politics], so some of my information may be outdated, which may also mean that, at of this date and time, some of it is wrong. Do also note that I am not a god when it comes to the Iris Online files. I do not know everything.

I do not visit RaGEZONE often anymore, so it may or may not take a bit for me to answer your questions. I will do my best to answer all valid questions - as long as they are not something idiotic, like "Why doesn't my server run, where can I download the Iris files", etc etc. Those questions can be answered by people who are not me - and if this section is dead enough that no one can answer them, then too bad.

Ask away.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where i can add new titles, amd where i can modify bonus stats of currently titles?

sry for bad english

Reaction score
Where i can add new titles, amd where i can modify bonus stats of currently titles?

sry for bad english

See resource\title_define.txt
Example [first line of title_define.txt]:
0 0 1000 0 255 255 255

First number is basic index. Second is the index for the title name [i.e. in the korea.pack .. there is a specific file in there for title strings]. I forget what the third number is for. Fourth number is the "stats", AKA the skill effect. Connect this index to resource\skilllist_effect.txt. The last 3 numbers are the color. They are in RGB format.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i'm just curious, is the release of lucky's server files complete or almost complete as to that's all you need for now to test.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you know how to change the ingame font-face, or the font-size of all the text as well ?

I thought & changed the font-file in language pack, but nothing be changed.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Do you know how to change the ingame font-face, or the font-size of all the text as well ?

I thought & changed the font-file in language pack, but nothing be changed.

Thank you.

No, I never figured that out. All I know is any font[.ttf] files in the language pack are bogus and don't change much of anything.

Timebomb, there is a definitive solution to this problem?

deathmatch-flagmatch-flood
http://forum.ragezone.com/f638/help-deathmatch-flagmatch-flood-731314/

Not really. This problem depends on what kind of server/IPs you have. I do know that it has a much higher chance of not spamming if you only use one of the two modes [death or flag, not both]. Also, spreading them apart by 1 hour instead of 30 minutes helps get rid of the spam as well.
Using 1 hour increments and only flagmatch, I stopped getting spam. You can also take a look at xsoft'z/hellfire server files release by me recently in the Iris Release section. Check the gameserver config file. It has lots of configuration types that should be valid, and most people don't know about, such as something along the lines of PVP SERVER SEND.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i'm not sure if i didn't search hard enough or maybe there isn't any. I follow this step here from InBetween's guide.

- Goto Databases\WEB_MEMBERDB\Programmability\
Stored Procedures > Execute dbo.AC_sp_CreateAccount table.
- add username at @strGameAccount Value < change the value
- add password at @strGamePWD Value < change the value
- add pin 1234 at @strToGameP Value < change the value
- add sdf at @strTjUser Value < change the value
- add 1 at @strSex Value < change the value
- add 1 at @strage value < change the value
- add dsfsdf at @strBirthday value < change the value
- add fsdf at @strTrueid value < change the value
- add sdfsd at @strEmail value < change the value
- add test at @strErrinfo value < change the value

but was lost as to the password needs to be in md5 or just regular password. confuse on how the password would be.

2 problems i'm having. below is the problem.

i'm pretty sure i did everything correctly. any idea what i could of done to get these errors? or is it that the iris_gamedb is not complete?

For the future, please keep technical difficulties relating to stuff not released in this thread out of this thread.

First Problem: For that procedure, a regular, non-encrypted/whatever password should be fine.

Second Problem: I could barely read the error due to the very small image, but it looked like to be a problem with restoring databases via MSSQL. Make sure that you go in to the options of the restore and have the Overwrite Current Database [or something along those lines] checked.

Third Problem: This isn't a problem. This is a normal warning given to everyone who runs the iris gameDB sql, and it won't affect anything badly.

I am pretty certain that the first and third problem have been answered on these forums before. The second problem is a base MSSQL problem that could have been answered via googling.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Login SQL server as SA. In Restore Database, check and come to Options tab, change location of Restore As option. (It can't be set right at MSSQL install-directory such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL" in your problem)

For example, you can change the location to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\*******.mdf" or any directory you want.

Hope this help.
Regard,

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you list bugs and other not working in server files(skill/item ect)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have seen the picture the Wood Garden Hard when you present your server Hellfire iris , can you tell me how to unlock the WG Hard ? thanks alot

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For example, you can change the location to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\*******.mdf" or any directory you want.

Hope this help.
Regard,

Thank you, it was the setting for directory problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have seen the picture the Wood Garden Hard when you present your server Hellfire iris , can you tell me how to unlock the WG Hard ? thanks alot

Hi. Most of this is done via resource\mapdata.txt - let me take a bit to explain that file

This is the mapdata for Circus Normal:
200 200 loadingmap_image200.dds 0 bgm_map200.mp3 0 1 15 100 6 868003 0 0

In order from left to right:

200 & 200 = Map ID

loadingmap_image200.dds = Pretty obvious; the loading image

0 = I forget exactly what this is, but it's not really important. A rough translation is "whether to use the terrain"

1 = The .mp3 file for that map's background music

0 = "Repeat Interval" is the rough translation, I assume it pertains to the BGM

1 = The difficulty of the map. This is one of the most interesting variables out there. 0 means it is a normal map. Anything above 0 means it can be used as a dungeon. 1 means normal mode, 2 means hard mode. Strings can be changed around and added to to add different/more modes.

15 = Minimum level required to get in

100 = Maximum level required to get in (Through my testings, this number affected nothing. It didn't limit the max level)

6 = Amount of people allowed in a single instance of the map. 0 means it is "unlimited", and therefore not instanced.

868003 = Item needed to get in to the map

0 = If world PK is on in this map. If it is set to 0, then it's off. If it is set to 1, then world pk is on.

0 = Increased EXP in this map compared to the normal EXP - this is done by percentage. Retail adds 30% EXP to all maps with open PK

After the map data is set correctly, than all you need to do is set the correct spawns and monsters. The monster spawns are monsterregen_ID_DIFFICULTY.
What this means is that "ID" is the id of the map, and DIFFICULTY is the difficulty of the map (see above), which is usually 0 unless the map is a theme dungeon or something similar.

The npc spawns are npcregen_ID_DIFFICULTY.
The monster templates are located at monsterlist.txt
The npc templates are located at npclist.txt

Reaction score
I've tried the possible way that I could think of to fix this error, but somehow is unable to solve. After restoring the iris_memberdb and went to user_mapping, i check iris_memberdb and then db_owner then it gives me this errors. I don't think anyone is getting this problem except me.

Uploaded with

As I have said previously to you in this thread - this thread is designed for people to ask me questions in regards to currently unknown information involving Iris Online pservers - NOT MSSQL-related issues.

Please take your problem somewhere else. I ask that anyone who wishes to help him do it via visitor or private message, and not this thread. Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u explain me about the values on the resource\skilllist_effect.txt

what means?

srry bad english

Reaction score
can u explain me about the values on the resource\skilllist_effect.txt

what means?

srry bad english

I would much rather teach you in the ways I learn which row does what.

First of all, the file is going need to have something along the lines of this at the top:
//È¿°úIndex È¿°ú¿¬ÃâÆÄÀϸí Name Index È¿°ú¾ÆÀÌÄÜIndex È¿°úÅøÆÁIndex ¼Ó¼º µµÆ®¼Ó¼º Áö¼Ó µµÆ® ºÐ·ù Á¾¼Ó È¿·Â±×·ì È¿·Â Áߺ¹ºÒ°¡±×·ì ´ÙÁßÁߺ¹ºÒ°¡ ½Ã°£ ¼Ó¼º Áö¼Ó(ä³Î¸µ)½Ã°£ ¹ßµ¿È®·ü Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£1 ½Ã°£1 È¿°ú°ª1 Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£2 ½Ã°£2 È¿°ú°ª2 Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£3 È¿°ú°ª3

Yes yes, mumble jumble. Wait, no. ^That's screwed up Korean.
The above crap is taken from skilllist_effect.txt, although most files have something similar.
Now, time to format it for translation...

Grab only the non-translated crap, and copy paste it in to an empty text file.
Remove the first "//".
Highlight one of the big 'spaces' inbetween the random letters. It's usually a bit bigger than a single space, as it is actually a single [TAB]. Copy the [TAB] [big space].
Ctrl+H[Replace screen]. Replace the [TAB] with "||". Quotation marks not included of course.
You should now have:
È¿°úIndex||È¿°ú¿¬ÃâÆÄÀϸí||Name Index||È¿°ú¾ÆÀÌÄÜIndex||È¿°úÅøÆÁIndex||¼Ó¼º||µµÆ®¼Ó¼º||Áö¼Ó µµÆ®||ºÐ·ù||Á¾¼Ó||È¿·Â±×·ì||È¿·Â||Áߺ¹ºÒ°¡±×·ì||´ÙÁßÁߺ¹ºÒ°¡||½Ã°£ ¼Ó¼º||Áö¼Ó(ä³Î¸µ)½Ã°£||¹ßµ¿È®·ü||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£1||½Ã°£1||È¿°ú°ª1||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£2||½Ã°£2||È¿°ú°ª2||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£3||È¿°ú°ª3
Now, we are going to start spitting them up by line. So, before each "||", we are going to press the [ENTER] button to create a new line.
Half way done:
È¿°úIndex
||È¿°ú¿¬ÃâÆÄÀϸí
||Name Index
||È¿°ú¾ÆÀÌÄÜIndex
||È¿°úÅøÆÁIndex
||¼Ó¼º
||µµÆ®¼Ó¼º
||Áö¼Ó µµÆ®
||ºÐ·ù
||Á¾¼Ó
||È¿·Â±×·ì||È¿·Â||Áߺ¹ºÒ°¡±×·ì||´ÙÁßÁߺ¹ºÒ°¡||½Ã°£ ¼Ó¼º||Áö¼Ó(ä³Î¸µ)½Ã°£||¹ßµ¿È®·ü||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£1||½Ã°£1||È¿°ú°ª1||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£2||½Ã°£2||È¿°ú°ª2||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£3||È¿°ú°ª3
Competely done:
È¿°úIndex
||È¿°ú¿¬ÃâÆÄÀϸí
||Name Index
||È¿°ú¾ÆÀÌÄÜIndex
||È¿°úÅøÆÁIndex
||¼Ó¼º
||µµÆ®¼Ó¼º
||Áö¼Ó µµÆ®
||ºÐ·ù
||Á¾¼Ó
||È¿·Â±×·ì
||È¿·Â
||Áߺ¹ºÒ°¡±×·ì
||´ÙÁßÁߺ¹ºÒ°¡
||½Ã°£ ¼Ó¼º
||Áö¼Ó(ä³Î¸µ)½Ã°£
||¹ßµ¿È®·ü
||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£1
||½Ã°£1
||È¿°ú°ª1
||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£2
||½Ã°£2||È¿°ú°ª2
||Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£3
||È¿°ú°ª3
Now, just replace all "||" with nothing, deleting all "||" [once again, quotation marks not included].
We're almost there:
È¿°úIndex
È¿°ú¿¬ÃâÆÄÀϸí
Name Index
È¿°ú¾ÆÀÌÄÜIndex
È¿°úÅøÆÁIndex
¼Ó¼º
µµÆ®¼Ó¼º
Áö¼Ó µµÆ®
ºÐ·ù
Á¾¼Ó
È¿·Â±×·ì
È¿·Â
Áߺ¹ºÒ°¡±×·ì
´ÙÁßÁߺ¹ºÒ°¡
½Ã°£ ¼Ó¼º
Áö¼Ó(ä³Î¸µ)½Ã°£
¹ßµ¿È®·ü
Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£1
½Ã°£1
È¿°ú°ª1
Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£2
½Ã°£2È¿°ú°ª2
Áö¼ÓÈ¿°ú¹øÈ£3
È¿°ú°ª3
Now, save the document. Anywhere. As a .txt file. Now, go to
The 'From' translation language is either going to be Korean or Detect - both should work the same.
The 'To' translation language is your native language, although some languages Google doesn't support very well, thus why I suggest to just use English when at all possible.
You should see this "Type text or a website address or translate a document." below the translation text box. Click "translate a document". Choose the document we just saved. Translate it!
Final result:
Effect Index
Effective presentation file
Name Index
Effect icon Index
Index tooltip effect
Property
Dot properties
Continuous dot
Classification
Dependent
Effective group
Effect
Can not be duplicated groups
Not multiple redundant
Time Properties
Sustainable (channeling) time
Probability
Continued effectiveness No. 1
1 hour
Hyogwagap 1
Continued effectiveness No. 2
2 hours 2 hyogwagap
Continued effectiveness No. 3
Hyogwagap 3

As you can see, Google is by far not perfect. In fact, it's pretty bad when it comes to translating Asian languages. I've tried translating a Chinese private server forum, sort of like RaGEZONE, but Google labeled every 1 out of 3 words as "Erection". No joke, although it was pretty hilarious.

None the less, this is all you have to work with. This is how I learned what each file. So - there you go. Play with it. Best of luck.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of all, you people at RZ do a GREAT job!

now, time to ask some weird things:

1) i manage to run "normal server" + circus ( still testing so i dont load the other "themes") but i find a weird thing.. i can buy some teleports to go to places lvl 40+.. but no teleport on map to reach snowfield (to enter circus) at looging area.. anyone know what is the problem, and more important, how to fix it? (im using 1.18 from hellfire - got it from a post here)

2) if i want to run the other "themes" on another pc, need to create the odbc on the pc pointing to the sql server, right? and need to run on the server on that pc, or all of the programs (log server, etc)?

Back