Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Diary] Archer

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm trying to implement a new class for IRIS, the archer.​

I'm having some difficulties, I am studying the necessary files to edit the Client.

Example: I do not know which files call the animations of the character.

What has been done:
- Added client and server in the new type of weapon: Bow

Animations

Weapon
TfPFLXw - [Diary] Archer - RaGEZONE Forums

Viserion - [Diary] Archer - RaGEZONE Forums

Interface Skill Tree:
uHZrrCl - [Diary] Archer - RaGEZONE Forums

- Added model in resource/item_filename
Code:
999999    weapon13_060.nif    None    None    None    None    None

Icon Bow
Viserion - [Diary] Archer - RaGEZONE Forums

- Added icon in interface/path_icon.txt
Code:
21    "weapon_bow_01.tga"

Bow ingame
z3U5iQN - [Diary] Archer - RaGEZONE Forums

resource/item_define.txt
Code:
9999999    Beginner's Bow    9999999    0    0    10    1    110    59999    21    1    1    1    1    1665    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    40001    1    0    0    0    0    0    1    1    5    0    0    0    9999    999999    0    0    2    0

language/item_categoryname.txt
Code:
110 "Bow"
--------
59999    "Bow"

language/item_name.txt
Code:
9999999    "Beginner's Bow"

---- ## ----​

I'm accepting help for files that need to edit the Resource/Direct.

Hi Holchan! I was wondering how you actually could see the models in the game. I tried to add a custom character model but it never appeared in game. I had custom animations too.. :3

Anyway, I'm willing to help you if so. ^^

EDIT:

As far as I went testing, the files inside direct.pack controls the animations of skills and etc.
I've edited jw0001_0.txt:

Code:
--°ø°Ý1: ¸Ç¼Õ

Header
{
    type    0

sound    21    4001
    sound    22    4501
}

Activity
{
    animation    32

soundplay    200    21    0
    soundplay    367    22    0

active    333
}

Apply
{
    damage    0    100
}

If you haven't tried modifying it yet, the original animation is number 30. (Fist) It's actually just the ID of an animation from the model. (In this instance, I've used the elf girl.)
Then the soundplay contains obviously the sfx that should play after a certain second has passed through. :p

I haven't tried further experiments, but I will report back.

If you knew this already, I'm sorry, lol. ^^

I'm having some kind of incompatibility problems.. As I metioned, the custom models I add won't appear. I tried to replace a monster but the game crashes whenever I try to spawn it... Do you have this problem? :3

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I did not understand the function animation.
Where he read the id of the animation, to know the id of the animation is 32?
Use GB animation tool to view the kfm of a character (in this instance, it's the elf girl, "j_w.kfm"), and from there, you'll see a bunch of sequences. If you select one of them, you'll clearly see the ID of it at the right side of the screen.

The structure is:

Players
hm_xxxx_x: Human boy
hw_xxxx_x: Human girl
jm_xxxx_x: Elf boy
jw_xxxx_x: Elf girl
sm_xxxx_x: Dwarf boy
sw_xxxx_x: Dwarf girl

Other
e_xxxxx: Boss (both boy and girl)
m_xxxxx: Monster (both boy and girl)

All those are stored in direct.pack as you have noticed.

Note that they control animations and effects, so they shouldn't harm the game. The effects are like muzzle flashes from pistols for example, so don't worry about editing them to something else.

Hope that helped!

Also, you may have to export your bow animations into .kf and import them inside animation tool. Then from there give them an id. And as far as I know I couldn't determine how the skills are scripted, so unfortunately I'm blank at this point, but I'll look deeper though! ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use GB animation tool to view the kfm of a character (in this instance, it's the elf girl, "j_w.kfm"), and from there, you'll see a bunch of sequences. If you select one of them, you'll clearly see the ID of it at the right side of the screen.

The structure is:

Players
hm_xxxx_x: Human boy
hw_xxxx_x: Human girl
jm_xxxx_x: Elf boy
jw_xxxx_x: Elf girl
sm_xxxx_x: Dwarf boy
sw_xxxx_x: Dwarf girl

Other
e_xxxxx: Boss (both boy and girl)
m_xxxxx: Monster (both boy and girl)

All those are stored in direct.pack as you have noticed.

Note that they control animations and effects, so they shouldn't harm the game. The effects are like muzzle flashes from pistols for example, so don't worry about editing them to something else.

Hope that helped!

Also, you may have to export your bow animations into .kf and import them inside animation tool. Then from there give them an id. And as far as I know I couldn't determine how the skills are scripted, so unfortunately I'm blank at this point, but I'll look deeper though! ;)

if u guys made it work.. care to share your Tutorials??? or how u did it??=)

Back