Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] IRIS 1.18.18061 JPN Source Code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Does someone know which SDK are needed ? And if i can use Newer version of GB ? (If yes which)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
DirectX SDK - Free Download
Miles SDK - $5000 USD -
STLport-5.1.0 - Free

^^;

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you succesfully compiled anythink from that ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm... Version: 1.12 :rolleyes:

This one should be the correct one i guess:

Reaction score
jenose was kind enough to release the source that has been running around non-English websites for a while. Take advantage of it. If all you do is screw around for a couple months trying to put together everything you need to compile it, you won't get anywhere. Besides, the JP files are pretty 'meh' because the Japanese version, as some of you may know, modified quite a bit of the game (compared to all other versions), especially skills.

The only miniscule amount of chance this game has is if someone uses these files to create an emulator for Iris.
The fact of the matter is that this game needs to be taken by its roots, shaken, and remade from the ground up. And the original developers sure as hell aren't going to do that.

Iris Online is a satisfactory game, but it has lots of issues. And I don't mean 'bugs', although I am sure there are lots of problems with that as well.

The game is boring. There is very little content, and it is very droll to go through that content. The game has lost popularity a while back on the US server, and I am sure the other servers aren't in much better shape. I sure as hell know that the existing private servers for this game are in bad shape as well.

Modifying and adding content to this game won't work. Running a retail-like server won't work. This game needs a much more unique push, because it is, in the end, a below-average F2P korean grinder, with, imo, slightly above-average combat and PvP.

The source needs to be modified. Heavily. Strip down the source, come up with your own ideas, and code them in to the source.

Either let this game die, or transform it in to what it is capable of being.
Oh, and an emulator can be made with this source code. It would probably be a good idea to do so, as a lot of the source code appears to be quite messy and unorganized, which makes it difficult to modify/fix small things.

I don't mean to insult, harass, or demean anyone. I just speak the truth.

Here's what I obtained from a good friend of mine; you know who you are. It's not password protected, and is supposedly the full Iris 1.18 JP source code. This includes the client, server, tools, etc etc. It does not include the engine, and almost certainly doesn't include the SDK.

Download:

Downloading these files just to compile them is useless. Most of the projects are missing vital libraries that they need to compile successfully. Even if you got them, then.. who cares? The Iris 1.18 JP files are worse than the currently released Iris 1.18 KR files, mainly for the fact that the game is, as I previously stated, noticeably different from all the other versions.

Downloading these files without knowing VC++ or anyone who knows VC++ is useless. And I don't mean someone who just started learning a month ago. You'll need a vast knowledge of C++ and VC++ to be able to even begin to understand what's in the source, let alone how to modify it without Ducking everything up.
It looks like you need Visual C++ Studio 2008 to open these files, but don't quote me.

Reaction score
now that would be worth releasing, cause from that, people can hopefully turn it into something worth while

I am going to assume the only reason that jenose bothered releasing these files is because he obviously has something "better".
It doesn't really matter though. It's not like he's going to know how to do anything besides modify a few integer/string variables and compile it. What a waste.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think many people who need full source, but they hope to get to share it! You have to see what it would have been better or more.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
timebomb, do not Contempt for others. i can do better than you think.
just a browser i have finish them so easy man!

if you known much, why you don't creat emulator and share?

and next i'll not release what i have. good luck!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just make the iris zone.
Not dead. that it's

anway i have 1.18 KR File with all sdk and full gb2.6
:thumbup:

timebomb, do not Contempt for others. i can do better than you think.
just a browser i have finish them so easy man!

if you known much, why you don't creat emulator and share?

and next i'll not release what i have. good luck!!
timebomb's correct tho... and you shouldn't be mad at him.
he's a sharing and caring person...
he thanked and liked what you did, but me NO!, i think you did that just for publicity for your server, that's why i don't like your post.
and now i since saw these... :w00t:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok, it's doesn't matter what you think, i have no plan to release anything again, cause when i release something i got, you all blame me!

it's ok, i'm done..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, it's doesn't matter what you think, i have no plan to release anything again, cause when i release something i got, you all blame me!

it's ok, i'm done..
you're so... lucky... :eek:tt1:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I just make the iris zone.
Not dead. that it's

anway i have 1.18 KR File with all sdk and full gb2.6
:thumbup:

I found the "KR" source code, but look like that its this JP version posted here, are u sure this is legit KR source code?
Will be released any time?

This Iris code is pretty interesting, sure will be a nice start to mod and emulate something better than the original. Im up to it!

Back