Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How to compile the source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This source? I didn't have any, I used both of your source files.
If its' HoT related, like I said in my threads, it wasn't difficult to make work, just a bit time consuming.
No ill feelings, I'm glad someone got it working besides me. If they have newer code, more power too them. :)

Reaction score
Ok, i found out that the _Bool has something to do with Stlport. Looked on google for quite a bit and finaly came up here, where someone has somewhat the same error as me.

I know Stlport is in the source, but how would i add it in Visual Studio o.o

Last edited:
Reaction score
You would click Tools at the top of the IDE, Options, in the pop-up window left side expand "Projects and Solutions", click "VC++ Directories", you'll need to change the "Show directories for:" drop down list to "Include files" and "Library files" (one at a time), add in the path to the correct STLport.
Putting example here, this may not be right since I still haven't found the correct STLport to use.
For drop down list "Include files" = C:\Source\IRIS_CODE\STLport-5.1.5\stlport
For drop down list "Library files" = C:\Source\IRIS_CODE\STLport-5.1.5\lib

Make sure to clean / build all again after changing include and library paths :)

PS Good morning lolz

Reaction score
You would click Tools at the top of the IDE, Options, in the pop-up window left side expand "Projects and Solutions", click "VC++ Directories", you'll need to change the "Show directories for:" drop down list to "Include files" and "Library files" (one at a time), add in the path to the correct STLport.
Putting example here, this may not be right since I still haven't found the correct STLport to use.
For drop down list "Include files" = C:\Source\IRIS_CODE\STLport-5.1.5\stlport
For drop down list "Library files" = C:\Source\IRIS_CODE\STLport-5.1.5\lib

Make sure to clean / build all again after changing include and library paths :)

PS Good morning lolz

Thanks, everything related to _Bool seems to fixed now. Now i got 102 new errors ",...,"

Code:
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(150) : error C2039: 'wint_t' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(150) : error C2868: 'wint_t' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected qualified-name
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(157) : error C2039: 'mbstate_t' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(157) : error C2868: 'mbstate_t' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected qualified-name
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(163) : error C2039: 'btowc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(163) : error C2873: 'btowc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(165) : error C2039: 'mbsinit' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(165) : error C2873: 'mbsinit' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(170) : error C2039: 'mbrlen' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(170) : error C2873: 'mbrlen' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(171) : error C2039: 'mbrtowc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(171) : error C2873: 'mbrtowc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(172) : error C2039: 'mbsrtowcs' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(172) : error C2873: 'mbsrtowcs' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(173) : error C2039: 'wcrtomb' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(173) : error C2873: 'wcrtomb' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(174) : error C2039: 'wcsrtombs' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(174) : error C2873: 'wcsrtombs' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(183) : error C2039: 'fgetwc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(183) : error C2873: 'fgetwc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(184) : error C2039: 'fgetws' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(184) : error C2873: 'fgetws' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(185) : error C2039: 'fputwc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(185) : error C2873: 'fputwc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(186) : error C2039: 'fputws' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(186) : error C2873: 'fputws' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(192) : error C2039: 'fwide' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(192) : error C2873: 'fwide' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(194) : error C2039: 'fwprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(194) : error C2873: 'fwprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(195) : error C2039: 'fwscanf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(195) : error C2873: 'fwscanf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(196) : error C2039: 'getwchar' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(196) : error C2873: 'getwchar' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(201) : error C2039: 'getwc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(201) : error C2873: 'getwc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(203) : error C2039: 'ungetwc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(203) : error C2873: 'ungetwc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(205) : error C2039: 'putwc' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(205) : error C2873: 'putwc' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(207) : error C2039: 'putwchar' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(207) : error C2873: 'putwchar' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(221) : error C2039: 'swprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(221) : error C2873: 'swprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(222) : error C2039: 'vswprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(222) : error C2873: 'vswprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(224) : error C2039: 'swscanf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(224) : error C2873: 'swscanf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(225) : error C2039: 'vfwprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(225) : error C2873: 'vfwprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(226) : error C2039: 'vwprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(226) : error C2873: 'vwprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(231) : error C2039: 'wcsftime' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(231) : error C2873: 'wcsftime' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(233) : error C2039: 'wcstok' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(233) : error C2873: 'wcstok' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(239) : error C2039: 'wcscoll' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(239) : error C2873: 'wcscoll' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(240) : error C2039: 'wcsxfrm' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(240) : error C2873: 'wcsxfrm' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(242) : error C2039: 'wcscat' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(242) : error C2873: 'wcscat' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(243) : error C2039: 'wcsrchr' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(243) : error C2873: 'wcsrchr' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(244) : error C2039: 'wcscmp' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(244) : error C2873: 'wcscmp' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(246) : error C2039: 'wcscpy' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(246) : error C2873: 'wcscpy' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(247) : error C2039: 'wcscspn' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(247) : error C2873: 'wcscspn' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(249) : error C2039: 'wcslen' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(249) : error C2873: 'wcslen' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(250) : error C2039: 'wcsncat' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(250) : error C2873: 'wcsncat' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(251) : error C2039: 'wcsncmp' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(251) : error C2873: 'wcsncmp' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(252) : error C2039: 'wcsncpy' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(252) : error C2873: 'wcsncpy' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(253) : error C2039: 'wcspbrk' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(253) : error C2873: 'wcspbrk' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(254) : error C2039: 'wcschr' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(254) : error C2873: 'wcschr' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(256) : error C2039: 'wcsspn' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(256) : error C2873: 'wcsspn' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(260) : error C2039: 'wcstod' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(260) : error C2873: 'wcstod' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(261) : error C2039: 'wcstol' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(261) : error C2873: 'wcstol' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(266) : error C2039: 'wcsstr' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(266) : error C2873: 'wcsstr' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(267) : error C2039: 'wmemchr' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(267) : error C2873: 'wmemchr' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(271) : error C2039: 'wctob' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(271) : error C2873: 'wctob' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(274) : error C2039: 'wmemcmp' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(274) : error C2873: 'wmemcmp' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(275) : error C2039: 'wmemmove' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(275) : error C2873: 'wmemmove' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(277) : error C2039: 'wprintf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(277) : error C2873: 'wprintf' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(278) : error C2039: 'wscanf' : is not a member of 'std'
c:\Users\Sakurahime\Desktop\IRIS_CODE\Client\stl/_cwchar.h(278) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation

Anyhow, i'm gonna stay with my statement i made yesterday. It's nearly impossible to succesfully compile the GMTool, just as if there was an anti-leech added to it

Last edited:
Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
I agree totally.
This has been what it did to me.
Every time I resolved one issue 20 more came up.
It goes back to the same sets of libraries as well.
Like they took a piece from here and a piece from there, just so it looked whole, but wouldn't actually work. :-/

Great job though, you were far more patient with it than I was. :blushing:

It bounces between needing STLport and windows includes first in nearly every file relating to GMTools and that bouncing is what will drive you batty.
Not going to fight this one any longer, there is a working one inside cHiPiDle's 3 part client upload. MAKE SURE YOU RUN IT IN A SANDBOX.
We've all managed to get the Client and Patcher working solid.
Think that's it for now.
:-D

Reaction score
I agree totally.
This has been what it did to me.
Every time I resolved one issue 20 more came up.
It goes back to the same sets of libraries as well.
Like they took a piece from here and a piece from there, just so it looked whole, but wouldn't actually work. :-/

Great job though, you were far more patient with it than I was. :blushing:

It bounces between needing STLport and windows includes first in nearly every file relating to GMTools and that bouncing is what will drive you batty.
Not going to fight this one any longer, there is a working one inside cHiPiDle's 3 part client upload. MAKE SURE YOU RUN IT IN A SANDBOX.
We've all managed to get the Client and Patcher working solid.
Think that's it for now.
:-D

At any rate i'm done with this source, off to translating the client :s

Last edited:
Reaction score
It shows question marks in the unpacker on the buttons.
left button opens the browse file
second button is for unpacking, pops up the password request and output location
third button seems to close the application (far right side)

Packer.ini shows the folder layout where it will compress the files into .pack files.

Reaction score
Does any know anything related to this error?

Error - [Tutorial] How to compile the source - RaGEZONE Forums

Translation of left box: Processing certification
Translation of right box: Disconnected from the server. Quitting game.

I've set up my server files so people can connect to it, i also seem to be getting this error if i try setting the server with 127.0.0.1 ip adress o_O

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Does any know anything related to this error?

View attachment 127493

Translation of left box: Processing certification
Translation of right box: Disconnected from the server. Quitting game.

I've set up my server files so people can connect to it, i also seem to be getting this error if i try setting the server with 127.0.0.1 ip adress o_O

Server rejected client. Certification, packets are different then server side..

And try to use STLPort 5.1.0 or 5.2.1, these are 2 main versions that they used.

Reaction score
Use client from Source.7z .

Seemed to work for me ^^

Guess all what's left is to get the GMTool to work on it, which doesn't seem to work on the client that was in source.7z

Edit: Done with the translation, took them out of the official client from G-potato before Iris went down.

languageENGLISH.rar (35.6 MB)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also did someone actually succeed on getting the GMTool to work, with the client from Source.7z? I can start the GMTool but when i put my converted ip and click on connect (upper button) nothing happens o_O

Reaction score
Not with the source.7z client, no, just tested.
Also, it worked with My Iris, but only with the other build from the tutorials thread.

Need to word that better, it connected and allowed to see the options, not modify. I opened it up and its still original. :-/

Reaction score
Not with the source.7z client, no, just tested.
Also, it worked with My Iris, but only with the other build from the tutorials thread.

Need to word that better, it connected and allowed to see the options, not modify. I opened it up and its still original. :-/

kuso, guess i'll have to get the one from the source compiled :s
Even though i don't know what is causing the std error

Reaction score
Those errors had been driving me batty. I can't help but wonder if they compiled 1 project at a time using different project directory settings or something odd. Just because of the errors we receive constantly shift like waves in the ocean.

Reaction score
Those errors had been driving me batty. I can't help but wonder if they compiled 1 project at a time using different project directory settings or something odd. Just because of the errors we receive constantly shift like waves in the ocean.

I'm using a different source, which isn't that messed up for now. Gonna see if i can compile everything succesfully from it.

Same problem, with every source that was released i can't seem to get past these new 62 errors. Fixed the stdl errors in one of my previous posts here on this thread. By getting the latest version of STlport. Thanks to Codeskills as he mentioned STlport 5.2.1 above.

Maybe someone knows or has lead on what these errors could mean? (Attachment)

View attachment BuildLog.zip

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back