Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Setup IrisLauncher + IrisPatcher + Patch Maker

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
which port can i change for laucher and patcher?
Because my modem cant open port 80
i tested it which another port but it dont work.

Reaction score
i get error like this
CodeSkilLs - [Tutorial] Setup IrisLauncher + IrisPatcher + Patch Maker - RaGEZONE Forums

why is that...???

okay, got another error -.-
CodeSkilLs - [Tutorial] Setup IrisLauncher + IrisPatcher + Patch Maker - RaGEZONE Forums

all i do was edit monsterlist, quest_main, quest_extra, and quest_scroll rate. and then i put it on my server resource.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
All resources have to been in .pack becouse there is a lot of files with 1-100 Kb, but if Launcher have had to check all there files in every lunch, it could too a lot of time. So it must be in .pack, I think it's in the tutorial. :)

Reaction score
All resources have to been in .pack becouse there is a lot of files with 1-100 Kb, but if Launcher have had to check all there files in every lunch, it could too a lot of time. So it must be in .pack, I think it's in the tutorial. :)

i packed it with pack tools from your release here

btw, i have fixed the error. it was because i changed the pack password in pack tools to "#8ogfup;.oxitgmL#", the default was "#7qlcRkfanwlrodldi#".

i have another problem, my client download my update but it won't updated. i guess it's because the pack password is different.
i guess i have to change my client pack password. is someone knows how to do this..??

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This Update System works just with default Password (Original ex. from gpotato), and what do you think its not updating ? you can send me video, or images .rar, and I will download it, and check what it can be. See you ;-)

Reaction score
This Update System works just with default Password (Original ex. from gpotato), and what do you think its not updating ? you can send me video, or images .rar, and I will download it, and check what it can be. See you ;-)

my client resource.dat, i was edit monsterlist, quest_main, quest_extra, and quest_scroll rate. i packed it and put it in my server, my client download it but it doesn't replace the old file.

here is my resource.dat that contain file update :

and this is my updated monsterlist.txt

this resource.dat is the one i put in my server to make my client resource.dat updated (monsterlist, quest, etc)

but, after i download this resource.dat update my monsterlist.txt in my client resource still doesn't change..

thank you...

Reaction score
it's downloading but not updating my client..
ok, here it is..

1st, i pack it my updated monsterlist, quest, etc using pack tools from your release (i change the password to #8ogfup;.oxitgmL#)

2nd, i copy resource.dat that packed just now to Patchmaker_client --> patchs folders (like in the tutorial) and use patchmaker.exe

3rd, i also copy resource.dat to Patchmaker_patcher --> patchs folder

and then i put patchlist.txt.z and resource.dat.z from updates folder (both patchmaker_client and patchmaker_patcher) to my server..

that's it. i guess it's from the generated files from patchmaker.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry, I was too long away, this error mean, that it cant find patchlist.txt.z so u edit not correctly way to FTP/Web Server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I wonder if it's update single file or whole .pack file ?

If this patch program using pack file to download and add to client, so, i chose to make a new launcher that download and copy to client, more easy.

BTW i'm done with .pack, and not test in single file.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I did all the steps shown in this tutorial but when I opened the IrisLauncher.exe I get this error ERROR UPDATE PATCHLIST DOWN.
Watch the video I made showing the steps I did and see if there's something wrong.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The patchlist.txt.z is not visible or not download-able from the webserver - make sure you have right URLs in the app.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uploaded the conf i use for the patcher

EDIT : Sry for double, i don't know how to delete the old one D:

Back