Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why everyone says Eflyff is a piece of poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Several reasons. Excuse my list if it's a bit outdated or missing facts, I haven't played in a while:

• It's extremely expensive and completely mandatory to purchase gPotato's to max out a character. The gap between a beginner and a maxed out siege character is impossibly huge.
  • The grind. Maybe leveling is easier now, but in the past, leveling up to the max level without purchasing amplifications was unbelievably slow and took weeks, months, or even a year.
  • There's unbelievable bias, favoritism and unfair advantages towards top donors and players. Only one player has an FWC winner set, which gives him an unfair advantage over all other players permanently. That same player was also caught hacking, and showed proof of himself doing so. Instead of banning him, they removed his hacked stats and let him continue playing to avoid losing money. Corruption is rampant, and most of it doesn't scratch the surface.
  • Alchemy awakenings, although I'm sure they added some new awakening features that broke the game's balance by now.
  • Corruption is rampant in its history. Game Masters being involved in scandals, being hacked, giving out items, etc.
  • The fact that myself and a private server is responsible for v19's existence due to a major mistake on their witless Game Master's. They had re-posted a topic exclusive to my private server under the false assumption that I had posted a leaked v18 update, detailing our server's future updates (new theme, remade Flaris, higher quality models, etc.) Multiple people on Flyffworld and elsewhere figured, since Game Master's re-posted our topic, this would be the v18 update. The developers then covered up by releasing all of our major planned updates for v19.
  • Nazi-like forum moderation and censorship. Apparently you can't criticize the game or bring up valid points or your topic/post is deleted.
  • Lack of updates. While the gap between major updates was already big in the past (which usually just added a couple of new features and map/dungeon), they haven't updated since v19, and show no signs of doing so. They already shut down the Filipino server, so who knows what they have planned next.
  • Constantly creating cancelling side projects as a means to "save" or "revive" Flyff instead of fixing their own game. F2: Floating Fortress, and Masquerade. These two games were supposedly fixed or revamped versions of Flyff, both of which lost funding and were cancelled. Instead of fixing the original Flyff, they create mindless side projects that nobody cares about except a few model rippers and diehard Flyff fans.
  • Poor security. Flyff is always being exploited one way or another.
  • Version controversy. I'm sure you're all aware of the v7 to v9 fiasco.
  • Cover ups. Whenever something fails, instead of fixing it, they find the easy way out or cover it up, such as the penya duplicating incident in v6.
  • Terrible GM's and staff scandals. Go look into GM Chris, for example.
  • Bugs, lag, etc. Since they like to neglect major issues, there's a lot of bugs, crashes, lag spikes, and so on that go unresolved.

The game itself is fine on its own, and has a great art style and multiple unique aspects that bring players back to it, as well as fast paced and fun PvP. Under good hands, it would be a pretty awesome game. Unfortunately, neither Aeonsoft (now Galalabs after a merge) or Webzen have done anything worthwhile except destroy the game many people came to cherish and love.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omfg. Thank you.
Thanks to your information I did some research and got this. Holy poop...

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
Omfg. Thank you.
Thanks to your information I did some research and got this. Holy poop...
truth be told most of those are a bit meh, you can't control everyone no matter how great or terrible a company is, however it is true that aeon(gala did better but then realized what a lost cause it was) always failed to take the proper actions necessary to deal with the situations which is how I see it where the real problems began.

as well Gala has a B+ rating by the BBB, not an F based on the last 3 years ( )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pretty much what adler said plus the fact there are no people leveling or hosting party's which makes it pretty much impossible for non donors to achieve something good.

Most of the player's only login for guild siege

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One big issue for me was Multi-Clienting. Back in the old days, I played fine with just one FlyFF instance running.
Right now you can't do anything without a second instance.

If you are not in a higherlevel or oldschool guild, you pretty much play alone like everybody else.

Official FlyFF - atleast for me - lost the feeling of beeing a community. I remember the good old flaris bridge days...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Agree with all of this already mentioned here but thought I would add a couple of reasons I stopped playing a few years ago;

Cost - I worked out I had spent $240 AUD to get my psykeeper from lvl 100 to lvl 120 making Flyff the most expensive game I have ever played.

Leveling - It became nearly impossible to level even with a Full Shout and all party scrolls as no one could see my shouts between the 30 - 40 penya spamming shouts (I don't remember when they started using full shouts as they only used to chat it and you could block the chat)

Friends - 67 Friends an no one online

Economy - Somewhere between V18 and V19 a Cruiser suit went from 20m to 50m to 200m and as I haven't logged in for over a year I don't know how much now.

Time and more money - I haven't got a year to level especially since full shouts and parties are rendered useless by shouting penya spammers. Without a party and spending more $ it's pretty much pointless (0.0097% exp per mob). I have other things to do with my life that aren't Flyff.

As mentioned above bring back the old days, grinding the cranes with your friends, hanging out in Saint Morning......

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
O also GMs were selling databases and poop, as well as maxed out gear. That was awhile ago though.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
as well as maxed out gear. That was awhile ago though.

and were a bad influence to he who moos, can't forget that part.

but yeah the list pretty much goes on and one, who knows what new lows have been reached since people stopped paying attention.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
and were a bad influence to he who moos, can't forget that part.

oO wat are u referring to? I got into working in pservers because FlyforFame was too corrupt.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
oO wat are u referring to? I got into working in pservers because FlyforFame was too corrupt.

just a bit of joking around a bit, there was a time when you yourself didn't know better when it came to spawned items, but yeah things were a mess back then.

I would say that things have come a long since back then but then I see insanity in the top 3 and that most top 10 servers have player counts that are lower than the limits complained about in the caalli files then change my mind about that.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm since they changed to webzen poop they removed my account because it was too "unbelievably strong" for a 4 days account :I
All I did was gathering my items from all other accounts to the new one to make it my one and only account... years worth of saving & playing gone within 4 days... damn..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm since they changed to webzen poop they removed my account because it was too "unbelievably strong" for a 4 days account :I
All I did was gathering my items from all other accounts to the new one to make it my one and only account... years worth of saving & playing gone within 4 days... damn..

Ouch.

I don't want to sound like what I have been reading on their forums but did you 'raise a ticket' with them or follow it up. I had a look around the official forums, I still haven't 'transferred' my character I don't think I'll bother I stopped short of downloading the game again just to have a look. Seems as though there is a lot of discussion over population on the servers, looks like the pservers have almost 10 times the player count (was reading that one server has an active player population of about 30 on a good day. (wat?) From what I understand that new company owns the servers and the game but has no rights so can't develop it so there will never be any updates? (can someone clarify that for me please)

So who owns the (full) rights? Can companies / people make an offer for full rights to it ? As to the players v19 seems so different to v15 can you make a bid on full rights for v15 (and let them do what they want with v19)? Or maybe it just needs to be re-written from scratch. But rebuilding the game, even if you can make it absolutely perfect, this game is nothing without a community behind it. This game was meant to be played in parties, not by yourself. I hope you get your stuff back, for the time and money factor. But I also hope you don't stay on the offi servers long. There are a few really good pservers around atm that, well, just do it so much better.......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed the announcement, they apparently decided to open a new server. I don't know whether it's a good idea or not, as there are already problems with the current clusters populations. This might reduce the number of players even more but on the other hand it's good to have a fresh start, especially with a good economy. Anyway, they could have at least fixed some of the exploits and bugs before opening another server.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ouch.

I don't want to sound like what I have been reading on their forums but did you 'raise a ticket' with them or follow it up. I had a look around the official forums, I still haven't 'transferred' my character I don't think I'll bother I stopped short of downloading the game again just to have a look. Seems as though there is a lot of discussion over population on the servers, looks like the pservers have almost 10 times the player count (was reading that one server has an active player population of about 30 on a good day. (wat?) From what I understand that new company owns the servers and the game but has no rights so can't develop it so there will never be any updates? (can someone clarify that for me please)

So who owns the (full) rights? Can companies / people make an offer for full rights to it ? As to the players v19 seems so different to v15 can you make a bid on full rights for v15 (and let them do what they want with v19)? Or maybe it just needs to be re-written from scratch. But rebuilding the game, even if you can make it absolutely perfect, this game is nothing without a community behind it. This game was meant to be played in parties, not by yourself. I hope you get your stuff back, for the time and money factor. But I also hope you don't stay on the offi servers long. There are a few really good pservers around atm that, well, just do it so much better.......

Guess you havent seen me around the forums :p
Sure I havent played the original flyff since v15.. And stopped with the private servers a year back or so..
The first comment I made is about how they say it is unbelivable strong is actually one of their response of my ticket..

Well, since I don't care much and would probably stop playing after a week or two anyways.. I guess the game need a fresh start now when a new company have taken over the game since they have lost a lot of players after gpotato went full Special person on the cash shop.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i feel bad for the guy that has to ask why eflyff is poop.. hope you didn't just buy chars there or something and THEN ask lmao

Guess you havent seen me around the forums :p

do they need to? your retardation is usually pretty guddamn evident, as is your totally groundless ego right there

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i feel bad for the guy that has to ask why eflyff is poop.. hope you didn't just buy chars there or something and THEN ask lmao

do they need to? your retardation is usually pretty guddamn evident, as is your totally groundless ego right there

You seem to be pretty mad about it.. so yea I am a bit ego tripped so what?
It was an answer for the following comment ;)

"I hope you get your stuff back, for the time and money factor. But I also hope you don't stay on the offi servers long. There are a few really good pservers around atm that, well, just do it so much better......."

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well its not that bad right i've played e-flyff for about 3 - 4 years since they changed the themes and more stuff bringing in flyff it got boring also lvling was really slow at the time some servers are like a dead game maybe they to make 1 - 3 servers to actually enjoy it also people don't purchase gpotato anymore because penya online is way cheaper from those merchandise websites, I hope flyff gpotato webzen will take action and do something about this situation to attract more players it did but lack of updates hurts me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back