Flyff Clean Repack (Resource/Database/Source) [v15]

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

Hi there, I’m Cuvvvie and this is my Clean v15 Repack (Rev 3.1)

In this repack, there are no additional items, maps, or features that weren't in the game in v15. Also included is my database creation script (as well as all of the necessary databases in .bak form for those that want them) and my custom v15 source I used to build the executables included in this repack.

Revision changelog:
    Spoiler:
    Revision 3.1
    • Restored missing *.prj & *.csv files

Revision 3
    • Changed the repack to contain all necessary files instead of merging it manually with the Client.
    • Minor fixes/changes to source, patch files, and database scripts.
    • Added Cuvvvie's Basic Server Manager.
    • Removed the automatic ODBC creation tool.

Revision 2.3
    • Added missing files to repack
    • Re-included GM tools folder. The convenience of it being there is worth the minor increase in repack size.
    • Re-included all of the minor projects into the source (Updater, WorldDialog, Monitor, etc...)

Revision 2.2
    • Split Patch folder into Resource and Client and added changelog
    • Added my v15 source to the repack
    • Removed GM tools folder

Revision 2.1
    • Re-enabled disabled worlds in CoreServer.ini
    • Added missing tokens to WorldServer.ini

Revision 2
    • Added some GM tools to Setup directory
    • Deleted Dialog folder in Resource
    • Re-added vital .inc files to repack
    • Fixed Mentor quest dialog bug
    • Modified client/database to fix character deletion

Revision 1
    • Fixed Mailbox crashing bug
    Downloads:

Repack Setup
    Resource Setup:
    The Resource setup has changed since my last release. This revision contains all necessary files to run the server without needing to do anything, since I'm such a nice person.

Applying the Patch:
    The Patch folder is a feature I've included in this repack to give the server creator the option to run a completely clean server, or a server with a few bug fixes to make the game more enjoyable. I strongly recommend applying the patch, but it is not needed. (the exception is Neuz.exe, which must overwrite the one in the game client!)

To apply the patch, simply copy the files in the Repack/Setup/Patch/Client folder to your game client, and the files in the Repack/Setup/Patch/Resource folder to your Resource folder. Every player on your server will require the Client patch, but the Resource patch is only for the person running the server.

Note: If you own a server, just use the Patcher in the source to send this patch to every player. There are many guides on how to do this. Search, don't ask! If you're just playing with friends casually, just send them the Patch/Client folder and have them patch it themselves.

Now your repack is ready to use, completely bug-free (if you patched it) and synced with the clean v15 client!

Starting the Server:

To start your server, simply run the "Cuvvvie's Basic Server Manager" program, which will automatically launch your server.

To do it manually, go into your Program folder and start each folder in the order they are numbered. Make sure to let each one load before starting the next one.

If you need more assistance on setting up a server, please use my Flyff Server Setup guide for my v15 repack!

- Cuvvvie

Bugfix Credits:
    Spoiler:
    username29
    • Missing *.prj & *.csv files restored(fixed in rev3.1)
    tmlp
    • Pointed out missing vial *.inc files (was fixed prior but failed up update link)
    • Discovered Mentor dialog bug preventing quest (fixed in rev2)
    • Discovered missing worlds (Rustia) (fixed in rev2.1)
    • Discovered missing Ultimate_UltimateWeapon.txt
    Worf
    • Mailbox crash fix

Edit March 14th 2018 =============

As you can tell, I've been inactive and although I have said in the past I plan on a rev4 and a few other releases, I am confirming now that I will not be releasing anything else and will be not checking my account. Hopefully this thread stays up for a while since it's still a good reference. I am deleting mirrors to files off of my personal accounts (Google Drive) but hopefully other mirrors still exist for those still interested. Thanks guys, good luck.
    Last edited by Cuvvvie; 15-03-18 at 02:27 AM. Reason: cya

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

Re: Clean Repack/Database (v15) (revision 1)

Thanks for this clean repack. Unfortunately, many things are missing in the resource folder once .res files are extracted tho, such as proppackitem.inc and, probably the most important one missing, randomoption.inc. The client also crashes once taking the quest for mentors (which is replaced by "masters" in game ... ) (I get a message saying the problem has to do with MaDa_Icinis.txt and basically every npc tied to the quest. The message/crash occurs when the message telling me the quest has been updated should appear , i.e, when I accept these quests).
    In fact, IG we have [Master]Inisis instead of [Mentor]Inisis :/
    Anyway, once you get the missing files, and if you forget about the mentor quest, this is probably the best repack. Old school FlyFF for ever :)
    Last edited by tmlp; 21-06-14 at 04:55 PM.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmlp View Post
    Thanks for this clean repack. Unfortunately, many things are missing in the resource folder once .res files are extracted tho, such as proppackitem.inc and, probably the most important one missing, randomoption.inc. The client also crashes once taking the quest for mentors (which is replaced by "masters" in game ... ) (I get a message saying the problem has to do with MaDa_Icinis.txt and basically every npc tied to the quest. The message/crash occurs when the message telling me the quest has been updated should appear , i.e, when I accept these quests).
    In fact, IG we have [Master]Inisis instead of [Mentor]Inisis :/
    Anyway, once you get the missing files, and if you forget about the mentor quest, this is probably the best repack. Old school FlyFF for ever :)
    That would be because I was stupid and noticed that mess-up a few days ago and fixed it, but only changed the link in my server setup guide but not here, so that's totally my fault, sorry. It's changed now.

And for the mentor thing, if you hold down enter and get past all the dialog boxes, the client does not crash and I'm pretty sure the quest is able to be completed. But obviously it would be nice to fix the message dialog that pops up (~100 times or so) so I'll look into that soon.

Fixing those missing files isn't worth changing the revision, but rest assured they have been fixed and links updated. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

UPDATE

I'll have this bug fixed and re-upload as rev2 when it's done. Thank you, tmlp, for your bug reports. They help a lot, especially since I don't think I would've ever cared to test the Mentor feature.
    Last edited by Cuvvvie; 22-06-14 at 12:59 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

Yes, the quest can be completed without any trouble, it's just the message dialog. I've tested a huge amount of things so far and everything works perfectly. It's good to finally have a clean and perfect v15 repack to enjoy the good old days. Again, thank you for taking the time to fix these little things.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

Yes, the quest can be completed without any trouble, it's just the message dialog. I've tested a huge amount of things so far and everything works perfectly. It's good to finally have a clean and perfect v15 repack to enjoy the good old days. Again, thank you for taking the time to fix these little things.
    So, it turns out that the only issue with that quest was the the game can't handle brackets ( [ or ] ) in it's .txt.txt files (at least for the quest ones) so just removing those fixes those errors. I also removed them from all other quest dialogs so the issue wouldn't happen again.

I also discovered, while remaking accounts to test the quest issue, that character deletion was broken. I took a little bit of time to fix it, but no "perfect" solutions could be done without editing the source, but I think I did a pretty good job. The changelog can be viewed in the OP.
    Last edited by Cuvvvie; 22-06-14 at 01:12 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

for some reason I'm still getting the problem with the dialog even with rev2

edit : nvm, everything works fine. Great job.
    Last edited by tmlp; 22-06-14 at 02:03 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

Re: Clean Repack/Database (v15) (revision 2)

Trying to get to Segho while flying makes you go out of bounds, tho you don't get stuck and getting out of your board will get you back in-bounds. Don't know if this is due to a mistake I could have made server side, or if it's just the client. This could be present during the v15 on official servers aswell and not even be an issue with the files, I can't remember

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

Trying to get to Segho while flying makes you go out of bounds, tho you don't get stuck and getting out of your board will get you back in-bounds. Don't know if this is due to a mistake I could have made server side, or if it's just the client. This could be present during the v15 on official servers aswell and not even be an issue with the files, I can't remember
    I remember doing that quest on eFlyff and it was always super glitchy. Just googling "flyff segho" leads to video guides and threads asking for help. The only way to fix this would be editing the invisible walls of the map with Beast, and I don't feel that it's within the scope of the repack (at least for now). Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    New to Flyff private servers and want a simple guide to make your own?
    Check out my guide here: Cuvvvie's Flyff Server Setup Guide [v15]

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

for some reason, I can't get into the Wilds dungeon ( rustia dungeon) , even while in party and below level 80. I just get pushed without any message and can't get in ?
    Last edited by tmlp; 28-06-14 at 07:41 PM.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

for some reason, I can't get into the Wilds dungeon ( rustia dungeon) , even while in party and below level 80. I just get pushed without any message and can't get in ?
    It's because the Rustia worlds are commented out in CoreServer.ini, for some reason. I decided to use that ini since it had each world defined, but I guess I didn't check to see that they were all enabled. You can also see that Guild houses are disabled, so you may want to fix those too. After uncommenting, just restart the server and it works fine. I tested it myself. Thanks for letting me know, and reuploaded as rev2.1!

BannedRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    40Posts

well im stuck on neuz runtime error XD how to resolve it?
    Last edited by xxbugmenotxx; 29-06-14 at 03:35 PM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    25Posts

not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes, depending on how much sta you have, you may end up with some sort of hp glitch. Not sure if this has always been present in flyff or if it's just a bug, I can't really remember. Let's assume I have 539 hp. Then, when fully healed, my hp should show 539/539. But with this particular sta amount, it shows 538/539 and even if I heal I just get stuck at 538/539. However, the DB shows that my character has 538 and not 539, so I guess it's just the client doing some truncation somewhere or something like that so it's not really a bug at all imo but I don't know much.
    http://s29.postimg.org/x05a945w7/hpweirdness.png

edit : yes, I get the same thing even on other servers with a bit of luck on my amount of sta. Definitely not a "bug", it's just how FlyFF is.
    Last edited by tmlp; 30-06-14 at 03:48 AM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    Тарлак (Location
    42Posts

this is awesome, please let me try this one :D

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

when i use ur files i can't login in game its stuck in character selections saying cannot connect to teh game pls check ur network i have checked the ports and everything but its still not workin

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    877Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeFawks View Post
    when i use ur files i can't login in game its stuck in character selections saying cannot connect to teh game pls check ur network i have checked the ports and everything but its still not workin
    This usually means the Cache port isn't being forwarded. The opened ports should be 15400, 23000, 28000. Can you confirm that these are the ones you forwarded?

And not to be rude at all, but your issue isn't really a repack problem, since I'm 100% positive that all the ports and configurations in this repack work out of the box, assuming that the ports are unblocked and the client and servers you're using are the ones that are included.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Advertisement