Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Best Of Flyff Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As the thread says right now im looking for the best people in the flyff development world. Why? You may ask well simple, I want to bring something new and awesome to the world of Flyff.So why not just have everyone talking about there projects and stuff in one area? Thats why im making a group chat that everyone can talk in if they want to in real time. No this isn't a recruitment thread or an advertisement. Its just a spot for people who will like to work with each other or looking for something knew to work on to check out.I've seen it before people making chat rooms or vents for flyff developers to gather. But why not make a place where everyone and anyone can put in idea's or there thesis in real time. Where they can talk about whatever and whenever they want. I will say now that I am a sponsor but I wont be talking about that anywhere here in the flyff section. That's all for people who are interested to ask or come to me about.

To join the chat just add me on skype : Xiroshiro
And youll be given information on the group chat.

Thats about it... Have a good day everyone !

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
First, we have the forum here to bring everyone together and see what it brings. Second, there have been many of these group chats, all of them became spam chats. I admire your vision, but I have to be realistic, this is going to be a failure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"The Avengers"- Project

There are so many such chats in this forum and if you make a chat that open, a lot of kiddys will spam the whole chat.
If you make it closed, you have the problem that most of these people are already in a chat group with the others, and they may not see
any reason to join yours.

Maybe you should write down reasons, why people should join your chat, what does your chat have what other chats dont, and so on.

I like it that you want to put such people together and wish you luck.

Happy Management ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
There are a lot of projects that were started long time ago.
But none of those were successful because of leechers.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of projects that were started long time ago.
But none of those were successful because of leechers.

The failure of every past project is to blame on the developers, not the community. Many developers did nothing but cry about how terrible Flyff is, how terrible the community is, and how they can't deal with anything. They were overly dramatic and made many excuses so they didn't have to finish anything. If somebody is truly passionate about finishing a project, nothing will stop them. Even open source developers quit and gave up because they couldn't handle the harsh reality of this community.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The failure of every past project is to blame on the developers, not the community. Many developers did nothing but cry about how terrible Flyff is, how terrible the community is, and how they can't deal with anything. They were overly dramatic and made many excuses so they didn't have to finish anything. If somebody is truly passionate about finishing a project, nothing will stop them. Even open source developers quit and gave up because they couldn't handle the harsh reality of this community.

Not exactly. The developers were the problem, but they weren't ONLY blaming the community(as in other developers). An open source project loses its entire advantage if only one developer works on it. Most of the time people started open source projects, they worked some time, then realized that people weren't contributing at all. Perhaps they didn't give it enough time, but regardless... When you say "this community", you're referring to the developers and the leechers.

In general, expecting people not to leech is unreasonable. If you want to make an open source project, expect that idiots will use and abuse it.

In my opinion, there hasn't been any community development on Flyff at all. I wasn't very active when the open source projects were going, but even then, it didn't seem like there was much teamwork going on. The only reason people still post in this section is because of the idiots leaking poop code that they don't own.

Pretty much every release in this section(or on other similar forums) was:

Released without original developer's consent.
Released by original developer because he/she expected it would be leaked without his/her consent.
Released to annoy someone that developed similar(exclusive) content.
Released because it was no longer of any use to the original developer.

There are also occasionally some releases to help get the community active, but they rarely last.

Reaction score

I'm don't agree with you !

So the failure of project are because of developers and not community ??

Try to remember to the time before official source files where released. there were some open source project (osAFlyff, Rhisis project and some other..). We were releasing source files and try to work in development team (and everyone could enter into that team).

What happened then ? First of all, people take our code and tell to everyone that it was their work without any credit for it
In Add, when official sources files where released, it killed the pleasure some of us took in trying to make an emulator. At that time we were happy to just log into the game...
And after that, everyone tried to make their own private server to make money....

the problem isn't developers, but "money", envy etc.

For your information, i still work on morpheus (ex osAFlyff) , i just don't find interest to continue to take part of the discution on all those forum who speak about official file development. And i know that, even if Nicco or Duotone don't work anymore for emulator development, they still work on official files development, and for duotone, on great tools... (does anyone knew that he made a map editor ? )

we don't quit and give up, we're continuing to develop but silently, for our own pleasure...

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm don't agree with you !

So the failure of project are because of developers and not community ??

Try to remember to the time before official source files where released. there were some open source project (osAFlyff, Rhisis project and some other..). We were releasing source files and try to work in development team (and everyone could enter into that team).

What happened then ? First of all, people take our code and tell to everyone that it was their work without any credit for it
In Add, when official sources files where released, it killed the pleasure some of us took in trying to make an emulator. At that time we were happy to just log into the game...
And after that, everyone tried to make their own private server to make money....

the problem isn't developers, but "money", envy etc.

For your information, i still work on morpheus (ex osAFlyff) , i just don't find interest to continue to take part of the discution on all those forum who speak about official file development. And i know that, even if Nicco or Duotone don't work anymore for emulator development, they still work on official files development, and for duotone, on great tools... (does anyone knew that he made a map editor ? )

we don't quit and give up, we're continuing to develop but silently, for our own pleasure...

Refer to my post:

Mootie said:
In general, expecting people not to leech is unreasonable. If you want to make an open source project, expect that idiots will use and abuse it.

A project with the purpose of education should have no issues with people abusing it unless it directly affects the developers(legal reasons). This is not the case. People use your work, get over it. You use Aeonsoft's work(mainly the client), is that any different?

Reaction score
You use Aeonsoft's work(mainly the client), is that any different?
Yeah, kinda different. There hasn't been anyone that I ever met who was deranged enough to take credit for Aeonsoft's source or client. The difference between using Aeonsoft's files and claiming someone else's is massive. It's like the difference between torrenting a triple-A title game and stealing the source to your friends game he made from scratch. The latter is far more personal, and it hurts the developer so much more.

Do you think that the average Aeonsoft drones that actually get paid to make the game care that people are using it in unintended ways? No, their pay is constant, and they couldn't care less about a silly game. Meanwhile the people with public projects on RZ, the ones that contribute countless hours to projects, can literally see people on other sites taking all credit, and can't do a thing about it.

Mainly, I just wanted to argue the 'stealing credits is the same thing as using Aeonsoft's files' statement. But I do agree with this:
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Also, what Adler touched upon earlier about how it's the fault of the developers, and your mention of the complete absence of 'community' in the 'community projects' are both good points. The dev blames the community, and the community blames the dev. If you're going to attempt to start projects here, then you need to know what you're getting into.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, kinda different. There hasn't been anyone that I ever met who was deranged enough to take credit for Aeonsoft's source or client. The difference between using Aeonsoft's files and claiming someone else's is massive. It's like the difference between torrenting a triple-A title game and stealing the source to your friends game he made from scratch. The latter is far more personal, and it hurts the developer so much more.

Do you think that the average Aeonsoft drones that actually get paid to make the game care that people are using it in unintended ways? No, their pay is constant, and they couldn't care less about a silly game. Meanwhile the people with public projects on RZ, the ones that contribute countless hours to projects, can literally see people on other sites taking all credit, and can't do a thing about it.

Mainly, I just wanted to argue the 'stealing credits is the same thing as using Aeonsoft's files' statement. But I do agree with this:

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Also, what Adler touched upon earlier about how it's the fault of the developers, and your mention of the complete absence of 'community' in the 'community projects' are both good points. The dev blames the community, and the community blames the dev. If you're going to attempt to start projects here, then you need to know what you're getting into.

Who gives a duck about credit when the people claiming credit are leeching kids that aren't going to do anything worthwhile with your work?

Reaction score
Who gives a duck about credit when the people claiming credit are leeching kids that aren't going to do anything worthwhile with your work?

Uh? Are you implying that no developers give a duck that their credit is being stolen? If that was the case then the past several posts of this thread wouldn't exist. Obviously, there are developers that get pissed and stop releasing when they notice that kind of stuff happening. I know I probably would if I was in their shoes.

You may not give a duck about credit, and others may not give a duck about credit, but some people do and that's why some of the projects here have been mothballed or made private. Just reread the first several lines of divinepunition's post if you must. Just because leechers don't ruin your unconditional optimism in this community, it doesn't mean that everyone is just as flawless.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This entire argument is stupid. It's plain and simple, people will use your poop (even if it's the most horrible poop to ever have a successful build). People will also try to take credit for it. It doesn't matter. There's no getting past it. Welcome to the open source world. Do you see tons of people walking around with their own browsers, even though there are sources out there they can build upon? No, that's because Chrome/Firefox are the ones who continue to update, they continue to work and release updates to the main branch. In all, really keeping your project private may sometimes hurt. In this case yes there is a ton of people who will leech your stuff and claim it for themselves, however there are a great number of people who will see potential in your project and contribute. One software developer can only do so much, it really does take a team to make something spectacular (a team with good communication at least). The problem lies in the fact that pretty much no one here has experienced real software development. They've altered FlyFF's source and programmed, sure. However, almost no one here has had to work with a huge team of software developers, gone through proper software development phases, or even really had to make deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back