Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HD Map Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since a moderator decided to remove my previous topic a few hours shy of me being unbanned (go figure), I'm not re-typing anything. Here's a showcase of some high quality maps I've made over the past month or so.

aVkNR - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

Pba03 - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

qhvOf - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

CKvkU - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

FT6HK - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

UeCmW - HD Map Showcase. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Beast Benchmark Tests.

1st pic, Flyff turns into a HD Graphics game! :w00t:

This is just a test right Adler? XorNet will implement this when you're done testing stuff?
Awesome work you did there 8D

Of course. Most of the effects are somewhat faked, but all of it is rendered ingame. It originated as a showcase of how many models Flyff can have in one scene.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WoW, Nice i realy Like it. Is this ingame HD too ? When Yes is this so Epicness ^^

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wont this eat much CPU, Ram?

Btw, details are awesome :love:, I would love to play there.

With instancing, it barely uses up any resources. The MSAA, tessellation, etc. use up GPU power.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is just forcing effects through the GPU driver right?
It is still pretty nice, but very hardware dependent.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, Professional work :blink:
But the first picture is simply fantastic.. '-'
I need a new wallpaper, send me any flyff hd picture please :<

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow, Professional work :blink:
But the first picture is simply fantastic.. '-'
I need a new wallpaper, send me any flyff hd picture please :<

What's your resolution?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice maps in there, Ad. Lovely eye catching.

Off: Didn't noticed that you're back ^^.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It originated as a showcase of how many models Flyff can have in one scene.

Is this true with Flyff source files that are released? Or would the DirectX coding need to be updated for that number of models to be rendered efficiently?

Cause I remember xLethal mentioning that Monster FlyFF has already been updated to DirectX 9.0c, and the base source files are setup for 9.0b.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Is this true with Flyff source files that are released? Or would the DirectX coding need to be updated for that number of models to be rendered efficiently?

Cause I remember xLethal mentioning that Monster FlyFF has already been updated to DirectX 9.0c, and the base source files are setup for 9.0b.

The only reason Flyff has trouble rendering a large amount of models is due to its crappy rendering engine. It renders models that don't even show in the window, or models that are hidden behind a mountain. So yes, it's true. However, I'm still limited to what I can do with Beast and the .lnd format, since after a while, a large amount models starts to lag Beast for no reason whatsoever.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

after a while, a large amount models starts to lag Beast for no reason whatsoever.

If your game renders it just fine without lag, but Beast doesn't, then that is likely a problem with the DirectX version. I'd be surprised if Beast didn't also have DirectX 9.0b and your game has been updated to be more efficient.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just throwing this at you adler, won't you have that stability problem again, where most people won't be able to handle the HD version of the worlds and just lag out and crash?

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this at you adler, won't you have that stability problem again, where most people won't be able to handle the HD version of the worlds and just lag out and crash?

These maps won't go public until:

1. Atlas, our new map editor, is completed.
2. Various source and rendering engine alterations.
3. The .lnd format is re-written.

Any maps added now will be around the same model count and poly count as any other eFlyff map.

If your game renders it just fine without lag, but Beast doesn't, then that is likely a problem with the DirectX version. I'd be surprised if Beast didn't also have DirectX 9.0b and your game has been updated to be more efficient.

True. Beast is a lot more outdated than our engine.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why the hell are you wasting time on FlyFF. Time to make your own game (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back