• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

hello I'm new to "flyff" development, could clarify some doubts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ragezone hello friends, as you can see I'm new to this section of games "flyff", I am interested in creating a private server because, I saw that this game has a source code (source) released, and I really like experiment a bit with creating a server for this game, but I had many doubts about the source's and versions of the game, as I have seen the game itself has reached version 19 (not sure), and I've seen several comments over there who say that now is the best v16 source, actually I'm very confused, and I'm watching tutorials audibroid (can not quite remember his name) and I'm adapting a bit, and well I could clarify a little my doubts about the versions and the source's, what's difference between versions, features, or any help on this, I have created online gunz private server with advanced work in source's, thank you very much to all.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only source you'll find is v15, modified to have copied content from v16-v19. In general, v15 is the best source. If you want the cleanest server setup experience (along with learning, progressing and programming yourself), I suggest using clean v15 source.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As Adler said, the clean v15 source is definitely recommendable. The flyff source ain't really that advanced, and if you've been doing game development before you should be fine working your way from v15 and up. If you're a complete newbie and knows nothing about c++, a lot of people choose the Blessed files. Simply because it's the released source with most features.

It's really a choice of yours. Adler pointed it out pretty nice for you. You can either decide to go with the v15 source and learn a lot throughout the process of making it a updated version. Or you can take the choice that most people do, downloading prefixed files and basically leech your way through the game.

Good luck, and welcome to the flyff section! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As Adler said, the clean v15 source is definitely recommendable. The flyff source ain't really that advanced, and if you've been doing game development before you should be fine working your way from v15 and up. If you're a complete newbie and knows nothing about c++, a lot of people choose the Blessed files. Simply because it's the released source with most features.

It's really a choice of yours. Adler pointed it out pretty nice for you. You can either decide to go with the v15 source and learn a lot throughout the process of making it a updated version. Or you can take the choice that most people do, downloading prefixed files and basically leech your way through the game.

Good luck, and welcome to the flyff section! :)

Thank you very much for responding and for the welcome, I'll take your advice, I always use my work to an original, original project took some (free) and I make it my way, and well, thank you and hope you find it helpful, furnishes them some things through the course of my experience with the flyff server, really thank you very much :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Excuse me, I didn't want to do a double post. I was wondering, which files can I use with the v15 source code? as in resource, and of course the v15 client. I come from ROSE development and I wanted to setup a v15 server for myself so I could play and study the game before I decide if I develop and learn with flyff or not. I read around about needing a resource or something for the server, which I think its the necessary 3d files from the client to the server so that they match? (Like quests and etc, atleast that's how it worked in ROSE) Any read up guides to get me well on track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back