Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hi, what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its been a long time. I was wondering who was out there, who may know me. What you guys/gals been up to? <3

Just poking around lol. :junglejane:​

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i see that you were the owner of Flyforfame bring that one back and everything will be alright.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see that you were the owner of Flyforfame bring that one back and everything will be alright.

Be careful what you wish for haha.

Sleep, work, eat, play games.

Trying to play more games but get bored pretty fast. Creating games on the other hand is always fun. Most recently played The Witcher 3.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bring it back, second warning
xsilentx - Hi, what's up - RaGEZONE Forums

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
W0ah, if it isn't DarkSilent himself. It's been a very long time since I've spoken with you, the last time being right before you handed over Fame to Heinrich. FlyFF is... well, just about dead now. You're too late. You were the chosen one.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't really want to post in this thread, but given the prior responses, it's clear no one else remembers what happened.

FlyForFame collapsed pretty much instantly after DeadlyData left to work on DemonFlyff. I don't want to go into too much detail, but there were reasons he stopped working with DarkSilent. If DarkSilent was such a driving force behind Fame, why was it so quick to fall after Deadly's departure?

Everything aside, FlyForFame was a very fun server. The success wasn't solely due to exclusive access to Official files, but also deep reverse engineering of the files by DeadlyData. The management, on the other hand, was dog poop. One of the main reasons I started a private server was because the administration, lead by DarkSilent, couldn't even keep Fame's staff members from handing out free maxed out gear to their buddies.

I could go on, but the point should be clear. DarkSilent's success with Fame was almost exclusively due to his ties with Deadly; his management was mediocre at best and he doesn't have any advanced technical skills that I know of, nor the tenacity of some owners like Hells.

I have nothing against you personally, but it seems facts have been smudged over the years. What makes you think you could make a successful private server now?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't really want to post in this thread, but given the prior responses, it's clear no one else remembers what happened.

FlyForFame collapsed pretty much instantly after DeadlyData left to work on DemonFlyff. I don't want to go into too much detail, but there were reasons he stopped working with DarkSilent. If DarkSilent was such a driving force behind Fame, why was it so quick to fall after Deadly's departure?

Everything aside, FlyForFame was a very fun server. The success wasn't solely due to exclusive access to Official files, but also deep reverse engineering of the files by DeadlyData. The management, on the other hand, was dog poop. One of the main reasons I started a private server was because the administration, lead by DarkSilent, couldn't even keep Fame's staff members from handing out free maxed out gear to their buddies.

I could go on, but the point should be clear. DarkSilent's success with Fame was almost exclusively due to his ties with Deadly; his management was mediocre at best and he doesn't have any advanced technical skills that I know of, nor the tenacity of some owners like Hells.

I have nothing against you personally, but it seems facts have been smudged over the years. What makes you think you could make a successful private server now?
since you talk so nice about me now
i`ll give you a good advice :)

stop working with paymentwall
they are keeping up to 50-60% of your income :)))
trust me i checked on my paymentwall buyers of virtual currency
they paid some times up to 1k and i only received 400-450 euro/usd from it LOL

i suggest you stop working with paymentwall and recommend the same thing to all your friends :)

------------

back on topic :O
hi silenx :O you wanna come bring some good improvements to insanityflyff ^_^ ?
i see everybody here talk so nice about you ^_^

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
AS normal Hells you are a moron.

Paymentwall don't keep 50-60% of your payments it is spread between commission.

Paymentwall indeed keep some of your income (5 - 8%) but most of it goes to the company used to obtain that income (whether it is Card, Paysafe, Pay by phone and so on).

You obviously didn't read the terms of use when signing up, this is typical of companies that deal with 3rd part payment accepting, you need to check what the percentage is for each subsidiary company that accepts payments through Paymentwall and check how much they take off your payments and it also depends on payment type (mobile being most expensive, by card probably the cheapest but depends).

Then on top of all of these there is that pesky thing called TAX which is taken off automatically when payments are made and varies depending on country.

Also just as a side note, there are actually some of us out there who hosts server because we enjoy making people happy. Not all of us are money grabbing whores who only do things for publicity or money.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
AS normal Hells you are a moron.

Paymentwall don't keep 50-60% of your payments it is spread between commission.

Paymentwall indeed keep some of your income (5 - 8%) but most of it goes to the company used to obtain that income (whether it is Card, Paysafe, Pay by phone and so on).

You obviously didn't read the terms of use when signing up, this is typical of companies that deal with 3rd part payment accepting, you need to check what the percentage is for each subsidiary company that accepts payments through Paymentwall and check how much they take off your payments and it also depends on payment type (mobile being most expensive, by card probably the cheapest but depends).

Then on top of all of these there is that pesky thing called TAX which is taken off automatically when payments are made and varies depending on country.

To be fair, they are pretty shady with the payout. However, it's still a fairly good option for accepting methods paypal doesn't accept. even 30% is a lot better than nothing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To be fair, they are pretty shady with the payout. However, it's still a fairly good option for accepting methods paypal doesn't accept. even 30% is a lot better than nothing.

Exactly my point, you know not everyone can have a paypal account, mostly due to age or country they live in so things like paymentwall is a godsend for them and at the end of the day any income is better then no income

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You would have an interestingly different perspective if you knew us personally; nothing personal, but I don't know you -- and you clearly don't know me.

W0ah, if it isn't DarkSilent himself. It's been a very long time since I've spoken with you, the last time being right before you handed over Fame to Heinrich. FlyFF is... well, just about dead now. You're too late. You were the chosen one.

As mootie rudely pointed out, any praise to my name is moot. Nice to see you again!

gawd.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually guys more money for me means more funds to invest in future updates of the source code and game it self... but yeah if you guys like paymentwall so much stick to it.
Since i moved to extrinsicpay i pay like 5% only fees :)))
So yeah, you stick there, pay 40-50% of your income that they lie to you in the ToS that they pay to PSC or w/e the duck :)
While my income is now 30% higher then on Paymentwall :))))
Also i get paid every 7 days since i made the money... hmmm i love it....
At paymentwall i stayed 3 months some times for the $$ :)))
Now since i moved, i even added a lot of nice new updates to insanity thats to the new money that made me afford it

hehe all the best =D

i`m just a moron after all =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Loyal Member
Reaction score
You would have an interestingly different perspective if you knew us personally; nothing personal, but I don't know you -- and you clearly don't know me.

That's gotta be the most obvious attempt at deflecting criticism when you have no other way to. Are any of my claims incorrect? If so, why don't you refute them individually? A response like that does little more than validate my statement. Deadly knew you personally, yet that wasn't enough to keep him on board with you.

You could even say it's a bit insulting to the people that actually put a lot of good work into Fame to have you bragging about being the "owner". If you want to call me rude, then why don't you explain how my perspective is so devoid of understanding?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually guys more money for me means more funds to invest in future updates of the source code and game it self... but yeah if you guys like paymentwall so much stick to it.
Since i moved to extrinsicpay i pay like 5% only fees :)))
So yeah, you stick there, pay 40-50% of your income that they lie to you in the ToS that they pay to PSC or w/e the duck :)
While my income is now 30% higher then on Paymentwall :))))
Also i get paid every 7 days since i made the money... hmmm i love it....
At paymentwall i stayed 3 months some times for the $$ :)))
Now since i moved, i even added a lot of nice new updates to insanity thats to the new money that made me afford it

hehe all the best =D

i`m just a moron after all =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thank you for your advice :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's gotta be the most obvious attempt at deflecting criticism when you have no other way to. Are any of my claims incorrect? If so, why don't you refute them individually? A response like that does little more than validate my statement. Deadly knew you personally, yet that wasn't enough to keep him on board with you.

You could even say it's a bit insulting to the people that actually put a lot of good work into Fame to have you bragging about being the "owner". If you want to call me rude, then why don't you explain how my perspective is so devoid of understanding?

The reason I won't comment is because Deadly has said a lot about you, that I don't care to get into. So I'm saving myself the time because I don't care about someones opinion of me. I care about creating opportunities, and without me - Fame wouldn't have existed (period)

I posted here out of curiosity. I'm much more interested in creating my own game which makes the most sense given how easy it is to develop and distribute. The problem most run into is funding, but if find a community and ask them what kind of game do they want. Then you deliver on said game, well --- I think you have your audience from day 0. It won't be pretty, but you'll have a head-start and following. Funding after that is cake.

What do you think about talking about something more progressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back