Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hi, what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason I won't comment is because Deadly has said a lot about you, that I don't care to get into. So I'm saving myself the time because I don't care about someones opinion of me. I care about creating opportunities, and without me - Fame wouldn't have existed (period)

I posted here out of curiosity. I'm much more interested in creating my own game which makes the most sense given how easy it is to develop and distribute. The problem most run into is funding, but if find a community and ask them what kind of game do they want. Then you deliver on said game, well --- I think you have your audience from day 0. It won't be pretty, but you'll have a head-start and following. Funding after that is cake.

What do you think about talking about something more progressive?

sorry but, if you wanna start your own game, what skill set do you poses ?
you are a full time programmer ?
what exactly makes you think you can start such a project ?

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The reason I won't comment is because Deadly has said a lot about you, that I don't care to get into.

Oh believe me, my piece was extremely abridged.

So I'm saving myself the time because I don't care about someones opinion of me.

Is that why your signature says "Owner of FlyForFame, what of it." even after you gave it away? Is that why you make a topic undeniably designed for attention seeking for no other established reason? I've seen lonely teenage girls post less obvious attention grabbing poop on facebook.

I care about creating opportunities, and without me - Fame wouldn't have existed (period)

This is one thing I won't debate. However, you're still essentially bragging about being owner when the only thing you can credit to yourself is driving the head developer to start a project. I'd say Founder is a more fitting title, seeing as not much you did as "Owner" was actually beneficial.

I posted here out of curiosity. I'm much more interested in creating my own game which makes the most sense given how easy it is to develop and distribute. The problem most run into is funding, but if find a community and ask them what kind of game do they want. Then you deliver on said game, well --- I think you have your audience from day 0. It won't be pretty, but you'll have a head-start and following. Funding after that is cake.

What do you think about talking about something more progressive?

What do you think about making a thread with clear intention? I'm curious as to what you're curious about. Your statement about creating a new game is strange, especially since it feels like you're trying to use it defensively.

The requirements create a new game is moot to this discussion, and your understanding of funding seems lacking if you believe you can get a game to the point where you can gather investors without at least a well funded demo that doesn't look like a hobby project.

Are you implying to make a game using Flyff's community as a base? If so, that's a pretty Ducking stupid idea unless you can get at least rights to use Flyff's concept. If not, then why are you asking on this sub-forum? There are sections for original game creation on RaGEZONE.

If you want to talk about something "progressive", how about starting an actual topic. Nothing I've seen you post in this thread could be considered progressive under any interpretation of the word.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry but, if you wanna start your own game, what skill set do you poses ?
you are a full time programmer ?
what exactly makes you think you can start such a project ?

I'm actually very familiar with Unreal Engine. I've been developing a few projects in it since released, and have worked on a commercial project. I'm fully capable of making a game within this environment. It would be a matter of coming up with a good game plan, and executing it.

I'm not posing this would be successful or huge by any means, but that isn't really the point. Point is to create something people want. Something that is genuinely fun. Have you not been watching whats been going on in the indie circuit? You may spend a year or 2 working on the game, but you don't need a studio to create something amazing.

--- Side note, I'm a programmer (C/C++/C#). But I have contacts with studio artist that I have personally worked with on completed projects.

Oh believe me, my piece was extremely abridged.

Is that why your signature says "Owner of FlyForFame, what of it." even after you gave it away? Is that why you make a topic undeniably designed for attention seeking for no other established reason? I've seen lonely teenage girls post less obvious attention grabbing poop on facebook.

This is one thing I won't debate. However, you're still essentially bragging about being owner when the only thing you can credit to yourself is driving the head developer to start a project. I'd say Founder is a more fitting title, seeing as not much you did as "Owner" was actually beneficial.

What do you think about making a thread with clear intention? I'm curious as to what you're curious about. Your statement about creating a new game is strange, especially since it feels like you're trying to use it defensively.

The requirements create a new game is moot to this discussion, and your understanding of funding seems lacking if you believe you can get a game to the point where you can gather investors without at least a well funded demo that doesn't look like a hobby project.

Are you implying to make a game using Flyff's community as a base? If so, that's a pretty Ducking stupid idea unless you can get at least rights to use Flyff's concept. If not, then why are you asking on this sub-forum? There are sections for original game creation on RaGEZONE.

If you want to talk about something "progressive", how about starting an actual topic. Nothing I've seen you post in this thread could be considered progressive under any interpretation of the word.

One question. Since your server closed or whatever, what have you accomplished that is note worthy? Or just give me anything you can think of to brag about that you've worked hard to accomplish. Could even be academic related, did you go to College? Are you in College yet? I get so confused. You know how silly I am. :love:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One question. Since your server closed or whatever, what have you accomplished that is note worthy? Or just give me anything you can think of to brag about that you've worked hard to accomplish. Could even be academic related, did you go to College? Are you in College yet? I get so confused. You know how silly I am. :love:

I may be misunderstanding but... Do you not know of Magma FlyFF?

http://www.gtop100.com/topsites/Flyff

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding but... Do you not know of Magma FlyFF?

http://www.gtop100.com/topsites/Flyff

I meant something that actually requires work. Literally anyone can run an executable, assuming you have basic computer competency.

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm actually very familiar with Unreal Engine. I've been developing a few projects in it since released, and have worked on a commercial project. I'm fully capable of making a game within this environment. It would be a matter of coming up with a good game plan, and executing it.

I'm going to call shenanigans on commercial project unless you have your name in credits and can provide proof. Unless you're talking about a crappy butt indie game that makes minecraft look like the Mona Lisa. In that case, I'd be more proud of a log in the toilet if I were you.

I'm not posing this would be successful or huge by any means, but that isn't really the point. Point is to create something people want. Something that is genuinely fun. Have you not been watching whats been going on in the indie circuit? You may spend a year or 2 working on the game, but you don't need a studio to create something amazing.

Holy duck, what's with this concept that a game can be fun or something people want without being successful? You could argue some small offline games can achieve this, but certainly not a game like a MMO, which COMPLETELY revolves around the game's success, seeing as the game won't be fun if you don't actually have a community. If you want to talk about indie games, go take a poop. No one wants to hear a guy that doesn't even have any relevant skills to develop a game go on about a type of game that has a 99%+ failure rate that are usually less fun than even the ultra bland COD games that the worst AAA publisher puts out every couple years.

This brings me back to my point before. Are you talking about an MMORPG indie? If so, you probably need a psyche evaluation. If not, why are you posting on a MMORPG development forum...?

--- Side note, I'm a programmer (C/C++/C#). But I have contacts with studio artist that I have personally worked with on completed projects.

That feel when you have no marketable skills yet want to succeed in an industry where even some of the best made products end up in failure. Let's hear some of these completed projects. Again, do you have your name in the credits and has anyone actually played these, undoubtedly, piles of horse poop.

Well I fucked your mother, but I wouldn't call that hard work. College is hard, so hard that you'd have to have a two digit IQ to not be able to graduate these days. A software engineering degree is about as useless as a philosophy degree.

In all seriousness, I've maintained the top spot of Flyff private ever since Deadly left your butt. Like you, I don't really care what people think. I could have something in my signature along the lines of, "Every server I've ever worked on was so successful it reached #1 within a month after it's creation", but hey, you're the owner of Fame. How can I ever compete with that?

How come you haven't answered my question yet? If this thread isn't a shallow attempt at attention whoring, what is it?

I meant something that actually requires work. Literally anyone can run an executable, assuming you have basic computer competency.

Yeah a lot has changed since you left. I've single-handedly made more changes and improvements to Flyff's code base than a team of professional Korean Software Engineers paid full time. Running an executable? Even Hells does way more than that. If you think that's all it takes to run a successful server these days, you shouldn't have come back here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

But then pretty much every server would be worthy of #1 position.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A software engineering degree is about as useless as a philosophy degree.

You quote each of my messages, and I think that's very cute.

I'll make it easy for you. Before there was source, there was binaries. At this point, Flyff community could do nothing with the files except emulate them. Which worked but never was good as official. (Very common in the private server community, you don't think Flyff was my first successful server do you?) I spent the better half of 2 months reversing the files, and reconstructing the database without anyone's help. I was able to start the game, login, and have characters -- but they wouldn't stay online. I get logged off because some transactions weren't handled correctly to make the client appear online. This is what drove so many people to be interested in Fame, before it was even released. The anticipation of an official server being available was the poop at the time.

This required IDA Pro, and reading assembly. I didn't have help from Deadly. I was on the verge of getting everything done myself. If you don't know about me, and Deadly's history -- we've worked on projects with each other since we were kids. This being over a decade ago from now. We actually have history together. Me bring him along wasn't attempt to save my server, unlike you, it was an olive branch. It was hey, I know what you're capable of. Why not do this with me - it could be fun? After back and forth for a while, he finally got wind of Ragezone -- and caught interest. Then the rest was history, he took the time to do what the original people who obtained the files failed to do. He wasn't interested in PServers at ALL.

That feeling when you look at someones internet history and you realize they've done nothing more with their life. I started hosting when I was 13 yr(made money lol), and stopped when I was 19 yr(made even more). I grew up unfortunately, and gave up on the idea that a business like this could actually be relied on something of value - In the long run. I'm actually in a really good position, you have no clue.

Yet still here you are, Magma Flyff. A raging success, #1 Flyff Server.

Believe me, I'm applaud.

--

I made this post to see who was still active, to reconnect with friendly faces. I've been developing games, just not here. So I felt maybe it was time to converge the two.

--

Also, your comment on Software Engineering makes you look like a complete idiot btw. Have you actually worked with people with Computer Science degrees? LOL. I'm so done. Please keep hosting your server, it seems to be working for you.

--

Lastly, I can't really post proof. NDA's - you know that poop you sign when you're working on something for a bigger company who is anal about every letter spoken about their company. I'm sure you can understand that I care about my future.

--

Its funny because even if I proved it to you, what would that do for you -- or me? Absolutely nothing, because its clear your intent isn't to have understanding. But instead fester over how unsatisfying these last years have been for you. Which I can understand, I mean look at you. You're still hosting a private serer. How old are you now?

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You quote each of my messages, and I think that's very cute.

You avoid every one of my questions, and I think that's a very cute way of responding.

I'll make it easy for you. Before there was source, there was binaries. At this point, Flyff community could do nothing with the files except emulate them. Which worked but never was good as official. (Very common in the private server community, you don't think Flyff was my first successful server do you?) I spent the better half of 2 months reversing the files, and reconstructing the database without anyone's help. I was able to start the game, login, and have characters -- but they wouldn't stay online. I get logged off because some transactions weren't handled correctly to make the client appear online. This is what drove so many people to be interested in Fame, before it was even released. The anticipation of an official server being available was the poop at the time.

This required IDA Pro, and reading assembly. I didn't have help from Deadly. I was on the verge of getting everything done myself. If you don't know about me, and Deadly's history -- we've worked on projects with each other since we were kids. This being over a decade ago from now. We actually have history together. Me bring him along wasn't attempt to save my server, unlike you, it was an olive branch. It was hey, I know what you're capable of. Why not do this with me - it could be fun? After back and forth for a while, he finally got wind of Ragezone -- and caught interest. Then the rest was history, he took the time to do what the original people who obtained the files failed to do. He wasn't interested in PServers at ALL.

That feeling when you look at someones internet history and you realize they've done nothing more with their life. I started hosting when I was 13 yr(made money lol), and stopped when I was 19 yr(made even more). I grew up unfortunately, and gave up on the idea that a business like this could actually be relied on something of value - In the log run. I'm actually in a really good position, you have no clue.

All I'm reading is a washed up guy with no marketable skills is trying to relive the biggest success in his life by posting on a forum that's half dead in a pathetic attempt to garner attention from kids that don't know any better. You had Ducking official files. You would have to be a complete failure not to be able to make those runnable even without having any prior reverse engineering experience.

Instead of attacking me personally, why don't you think about what you're saying or even respond to my questions about this thread rather than going off rambling about irrelevant garbage. I'm 21; I've learned enough from working on Flyff to get a software engineering job at top paying companies. If I recall correctly, you were only two years younger when you dropped Fame to chase some butt. What did you learn from that? How to make your butt buddies happy with some virtual items?

Here, I'll make it easy for you since you clearly haven't even learned how to have a sensible discussion. I'll number the questions so you don't get confused.

1. What is the purpose of this thread if not attention seeking?
2. Why do you keep bringing up indie games?
3. Do your indie game ideas have anything to do with Flyff? If so, Ducking elaborate.
4. Are my claims about you having crappy management over Fame accurate? You've deflected this quite a bit
(these are somewhat irrelevant to the topic, but would shed light on what you keep rambling about)
5. Have you had any successful titles, or any success in general? If so, provide proof.
6. Do you have any skills relative to game development?
7. What have you learned since you dropped Fame? What have you accomplished with "hard work"?
8. What "position" are you in? If you really think you can make a successful indie game without any relevant skill, you're both delusional and clearly in the worst position possible. A position that requires you to rely on an unreachable dream to even demonstrate self-worth.

You're a classic case of psychological projection. You are extremely insecure about your self worth and the value in your skills(or lack thereof), so you accuse others of having lesser to try to make yourself feel better without any tangible evidence. You can tell it's an extreme case because you're using ridiculous dreams to validate what already would be a sad attempt even if you had a decent set of skills.

Here's a good metric; how much money have you made since you dropped Fame? If you've really been involved in successful indie games, I'm sure you've made quite a lot.

Also, your comment on Software Engineering makes you look like a complete idiot btw. Have you actually worked with people with Computer Science degrees? LOL. I'm so done. Please keep hosting your server, it seems to be working for you.

Pick a fortune 500 company out of a hat. I can guarantee you they're employing programmers without degrees. What are your credentials if you believe college education to be of such great value?

Also, I can't really post proof. NDA's - you know that poop you sign when you're working on something for a bigger company who is anal about every letter spoken about their company. I'm sure you can understand.

NDAs from preventing you from disclosing what game you've worked on? Are you sure you're not a part of some sort of pyramid scheme? If you legitimately worked on a game, your name would be in the credits. End of story. Unless your game isn't public, there's no way that you'd be forbidden from disclosing what game you've helped produce. Sure, you might not be able to say the exact details of what you did internally, but an NDA that prevents you from disclosing a job title and company? You working on a game for the NSA mate?

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are the best caja. You know I always loved you signature.

Well I guess that's one question answered.

7. What have you learned since you dropped Fame?

How to kiss butt and avoid questions.

Though, I suppose it's likely you've known how to do that for awhile. You want to discuss game development? How about telling us what relevant skills you have. Or does your NDA forbid you to tell people that as well? Watch out guys! Silent's making a top secret game for the government and isn't even allowed to tell us his personal skill set! Ironically, I'm sure my resume looks better than yours if your NDA is half as restricting as you say.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
figured I throw this out there, silent after closing down fame joined onto another project I was on at the time, he while he wasn't really in a place he could do everything alone (hence fame coming to an end)

while fame never really got to see the fruits of his efforts, had that project not been discontinued by the owner of the project, you all wouldn't be so quick to take jabs at him.

and while people might these days might try to easily dismiss me and suck up to Mootie, the "one man show" ( lol ) of the flyff, when in fact he got steam rolled by me the entire time I was around and actually just doing what I wanted : )

Loyal Member
Reaction score
figured I throw this out there, silent after closing down fame joined onto another project I was on at the time, he while he wasn't really in a place he could do everything alone (hence fame coming to an end)

while fame never really got to see the fruits of his efforts, had that project not been discontinued by the owner of the project, you all wouldn't be so quick to take jabs at him.

and while people might these days might try to easily dismiss me and suck up to Mootie, the "one man show" ( lol ) of the flyff, when in fact he got steam rolled by me the entire time I was around and actually just doing what I wanted : )

What am I even reading? Are you trying to say his personal issues at the time in life were what lead him to poop the bed with Fame? Are you trying to say you "steam rolled" me? What does that even mean?

I guess chasing butt doesn't leave you with enough time to run windows update every couple days to stop Germans from stealing your files or stop your staff members from spawning items for their buds.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
What am I even reading? Are you trying to say his personal issues at the time in life were what lead him to poop the bed with Fame? Are you trying to say you "steam rolled" me? What does that even mean?

was mostly joking around about the nonsense some of your fans think these days, read a bit through your introduction part of your forums and you'll see what I mean, ( a few of them are people from here kissing butt under alternate names xD )

I would go into detail, but that'd ruin finding out out for yourself

but yeah it's pretty hard to see what is funny about it, without reading what these people say

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I guess chasing butt doesn't leave you with enough time to run windows update every couple days to stop Germans from stealing your files or stop your staff members from spawning items for their buds.

See and this is why i limit what staff can do in-game until they are trusted. Even the most trusted friend can screw you over, so why trust a complete stranger?

On a side note Mootie, ever done and D3D shader work with the flyff "HORRID" water system?

Loyal Member
Reaction score
See and this is why i limit what staff can do in-game until they are trusted. Even the most trusted friend can screw you over, so why trust a complete stranger?

On a side note Mootie, ever done and D3D shader work with the flyff "HORRID" water system?

I haven't, but looking at some of the improvements other forum members have made, it seems worthwhile. I'm prioritizing rewriting the particle system. The number of DrawPrimitive calls per frame is completely ridiculous to the point of the CPU usage eclipsing the GPU usage for particle rendering in general.

That's a bit off-topic though, but maybe it isn't... (^: Maybe Silent is a DIRECTX MASTER... The world will never know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you convinced me when you said about Unreal Engine ^_^

i think silentx is a very capable person and has the knowledge of what he talking about here :)

if you wanna work on flyff me and my friend Pumaaa ( the good german programmer ) are working together to bring flyff source code to better standards :p so give us a shout maybe

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you convinced me when you said about Unreal Engine ^_^

i think silentx is a very capable person and has the knowledge of what he talking about here :)

if you wanna work on flyff me and my friend Pumaaa ( the good german programmer ) are working together to bring flyff source code to better standards :p so give us a shout maybe

Yes, work for Hells. I'm sure you two will have a lot in common. I've only met a few developers brave enough to download a free copy of Unreal Engine and jerk off with it for a few hours. Truly, they are the real rockstars of the industry. I'm sure you'll feel right at home in Romania with Hells.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, work for Hells. I'm sure you two will have a lot in common. I've only met a few developers brave enough to download a free copy of Unreal Engine and jerk off with it for a few hours. Truly, they are the real rockstars of the industry. I'm sure you'll feel right at home in Romania with Hells.

in fact Romania has a lot of beautiful women, things are very cheap here considering we are not such a big country, plus i know all i need to know to live here like a king :)

and when he mentioned unreal engine i knew that the guy has some thing in his head as me and puma also discussed about it and about many other things that i would not like to mention :)))

anyway silentx i recommend you do not try to debate with mootie or any one else here or in flyff scene as its a total waste of time and effort that could be used more efficiently in other ways ^_^

no offense all :*

Loyal Member
Reaction score
in fact Romania has a lot of beautiful women, things are very cheap here considering we are not such a big country, plus i know all i need to know to live here like a king :)

and when he mentioned unreal engine i knew that the guy has some thing in his head as me and puma also discussed about it and about many other things that i would not like to mention :)))

anyway silentx i recommend you do not try to debate with mootie or any one else here or in flyff scene as its a total waste of time and effort that could be used more efficiently in other ways ^_^

no offense all :*

Is that why you bought an elderly Chinese prostitute? I guess "living like a king" is open to interpretation.

Anyways, I have no idea what the discussion of Unreal Engine means to you. Any game developer active in the last two years has been following it. If you actually did an hour's worth of research, you'd realize it's completely irrelevant to anything private server related.

Also, what qualifies as a good use of time is a pretty broad subject. I, for one, enjoy discussion like this, but Silent did sort of drag the discussion into the gutter by avoiding any questions by spouting irrelevant nonsense. It's still interesting and gives a fair insight into the other person's thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back