Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

take down notice for this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Copyright and Trademark Infringements, a.o.
(Loong - Server Developments - RaGEZONE forums and http://forum.ragezone.com/f671/release-1-3-5-server-730199/):

Dear Sir or Madam,
We write to you on behalf of gamigo AG, Behringstrasse 16b, 22765 Hamburg, Germany.
As you may know, our client is the publisher of the free to play online game “Loong”, available on . “Loong” is free in its basic version. Our client mainly earns its money through features which are reserved for paying customers (“premium features”).
Our client owns the registered German trademark “LOONG” (DE 302010035546) which enjoys protection for the goods and services of the classes 9, 28, 38 and 41, namely for computer gaming software, video games, the operation of games on the internet and providing access to computer programs in data networks (including the internet).
Under your domain “ ”, a forum is currently hosted which allows users to download the pirated software and receive information about and how to download unauthorized modified versions of our client’s software. Furthermore, your website shows our client’s trademark and copyright protected graphics without authorization. This constitutes an infringement of our client’s rights, especially its trademark rights, title rights, copyrights and its protected business interests.
By providing your forum services under the domain “ ”, in particular by hosting the discussion forums about pirated software of our client’s game “Loong” under the links Loong - Server Developments - RaGEZONE forums and http://forum.ragezone.com/f671/release-1-3-5-server-730199/, you facilitate and contribute to the aforementioned infringement of our client’s rights.
Therefore, we are kindly asking you as the service provider to stop and refrain from providing services for and contributing in any actions which may lead to infringements of our client’s rights.
As a consequence, we ask you to immediately shut down the forums hosted under the links Loong - Server Developments - RaGEZONE forums and http://forum.ragezone.com/f671/release-1-3-5-server-730199/.

Please note that we await your reaction until March 7th 2011.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely,
Carina Neumüller, LL.M.
Rechtsanwältin

Figured I would share. :tongue:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Am I mistaken in thinking that Gamigo are just license holders and have no legal authority as to claim against myself and ragezone? if thats the case I'll send the female lawyer a nice reply.

Not mistaken at all Sir, Though as amusing as that lovely letter was to the RZ community, they must also hire comedians to write C&D notices to people. Wonder what kind of letter was written to the hundreds of chinese sites where these files mostly originated from. LOL the pandora's box was already opened a long time ago :love:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Am I mistaken in thinking that Gamigo are just license holders and have no legal authority as to claim against myself and ragezone? if thats the case I'll send the female lawyer a nice reply.

Send a nice reply! I were seriously laughing my arse off.. Remember to post updates on everything about this, I'll follow this thread with my eyes and laughing abilities at it's maximum.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Gamigo is has just a publisher licence. But Gamigo is part of Axel Springer AG which is one of the biggest Companies in Germany producing poop like Bildzeitung ( Newspaper where 90% of the readers know that most of the stories are shenanigans but they dont care ) and i think some TV stations are also theirs ( at least Pro 7 Media AG is part of Axel Springer ). They have heavy lawyers and they have millions of € to invest.
I whould be carefull with them because im pretty sure they will ( just to win this fight ) pay all costs what the producer of the game needs for the court :D:
But thats my opinion :wink:

Reaction score
I emailed them this.

Hi,

Upon further research it came to my attention that the company "Gamigo" (subsidiary of Axel Springer AG) are license holders to the title in question. Under what circumstances does that give them the authority to request the removal of software that they do not own. I believe your biggest issue here is the lack of decency to research before email myself. I think you will find that any software that my users contribute originate from China and therefore would be the sole responsability of the KongZhong Corporation.

Kind regards.

Maybe it's fake, less hassle for me. But I'll still respond to it regardless.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Gamigo is has just a publisher licence. But Gamigo is part of Axel Springer AG which is one of the biggest Companies in Germany producing poop like Bildzeitung ( Newspaper where 90% of the readers know that most of the stories are shenanigans but they dont care ) and i think some TV stations are also theirs ( at least Pro 7 Media AG is part of Axel Springer ). They have heavy lawyers and they have millions of € to invest.
I whould be carefull with them because im pretty sure they will ( just to win this fight ) pay all costs what the producer of the game needs for the court :D:
But thats my opinion :wink:

The problem they'll get then is, the section in itself isn't illegal. The files in it in another case might be (except those that have been made from scratch and ain't using their codes). They should go after the releaser's of these ones instead of the forums. RZ has the law on it's side. If it was that easy to get it down then sulake, Jagex and more would already have shutdown these forums entirely/made it go bankrupt. My opinion on it would be, let them try.

Last edited:
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The problem they'll get then is, the section in itself isn't illegal. The files in it in another case might be (except those that have been made from scratch and ain't using their codes). They should go after the releaser's of these ones instead of the forums. RZ has the law on it's side. If it was that easy to get it sewed then sulake, Jagex and more would already have shutdown these forums entirely/made it go bankrupt. My opinion on it would be, let them try.

True. Linking is not illegal as long as the site owner has a paragraph about that in his TOS :wink: So they have to go to the hoster of that file ( or the owner of that account on the hosting server )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

policy.

Thanks dan. I'm now reading through it all. Going to read through it several times to get it into my head, just to have it there. How's that nice reply going?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I dont think she will answer. Its almost 1am here in germany :D: Im sure she will not start to work before 8 am. Oh and she is working in frankfurt so i think she will not answer before 9am :D:

Well, i were thinking more of the one Dan were going to send to her. I want to know what he writes so that we can be prepared for a possible response. If she ever answers then we'd all get another good laugh i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back