Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Architecture discussion for general servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The backstory is that I'm creating a v62 from the ground up, and I want to start off a new discussion as there's been very little talk around the general architecture and infrastructure of the current state of the private servers in the community. Currently, most servers are based off of good old Odin - which is an all round good source don't get me wrong. However, I feel like there's been so much usage that there must be a lot of personal preferences on general structure.

Debugging/understanding the current state of the servers is an art, as there's duplication in function names, packets are being sent from god knows how many different subsystems in the source - there's no consistent data flow. The main goal of such a discussion would be optimizing the flow of data and allowing for testing of specific subparts + creating a full deployment pipeline can be the trigger to funnel some new love to this particular forum and mapledev in general.

I'm currently creating a v62 in NodeJS to test its performance, but the general architecture should apply to all languages. Preferably I'd like to put together a Slack/Discord group if there's any interest at all in such discussions.

Cheers

Back