Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that working?
has somebody tried it already?

greetz fabio

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
I can't see any reasons to why it shouldn't work..?

Just install the programs that you need, like MySQL, Java and whatever. By this time, there should be versions that are updated for Windows 8.

Offtopic; Holy cow, registred Dec 2009, and only 3 posts? That's a godly leecher account :D

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't see any reasons to why it shouldn't work..?

Then I don't see why GMS was updated in v125 for Windows 8 Support.

What...? Did you even read what I wrote O_O Your post makes it look like you think I said that Maple doesn't work with Windows 8..? Or what ._.

"I can't see any reasons to why it shouldn't work..?"

O_O. You high.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can host a server before v125 like Sunnyboy184 said, but you cannot play on the same computer, you need windows 7 for v83 support.

Thanks for your answer :)

Btw. This is my second account
My first was zerostar but i cant find The pw for the Mail and the acc ^^

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
MapleStory doesn't work for Windows 8 if you are using any version under 125. That is the reason why they added support for Windows 8. I have Windows 8 myself.

Upvote 0
Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
I'm using Windows8, All I can tell is that V111 and v116 are working, same as for the current GMS version.
V117 isn't working though, idk about v62/v83 and such.

Upvote 0
✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Then I don't see why GMS was updated in v125 for Windows 8 Support.

"I can't see any reasons to why it shouldn't work..?"

O_O. You high.

Yea, I didn't know they had to actually manually add compability thing to the MapleStory client itself.

My point; If it's not really supported, it should work with running the client in compabitle mode (Like Win 7, or XP, idk which ones W8 have)

That's all o_O

Upvote 0
Reaction score
MapleStory doesn't work for Windows 8 if you are using any version under 125. That is the reason why they added support for Windows 8. I have Windows 8 myself.

Most versions of MapleStory (eg. v83/v111) will work under Windows 8, so be sure not to spread false information unless you're absolutely sure that what you're saying is correct.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
from theoretical point of view any unpacked client is suppose to work on windows 8 provided the imports are fixed and the client uses native apis which dont change irrespective of windows versions. Maple dont use any os version specific apis and hence it will run on any windows version(which has those apis).

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Most versions of MapleStory (eg. v83/v111) will work under Windows 8, so be sure not to spread false information unless you're absolutely sure that what you're saying is correct.

The v83 setup didn't correctly setup my MapleStory, so that's why I was assuming it wasn't working. Now, I tested it out. Just missing DLL files. :/ I can't work it on full screen. too lazy to download all of the dlls i require anyway. windows screen ftw.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The v83 setup didn't correctly setup my MapleStory, so that's why I was assuming it wasn't working. Now, I tested it out. Just missing DLL files. :/ I can't work it on full screen. too lazy to download all of the dlls i require anyway. windows screen ftw.

Strange, v83+ worked out of the box for me (with the exception of 117.1)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I can't speak to being able to RUN a server... but playing one works. To run localhost, make sure its running in windows 95 compatability mode. Then it works just fine.

HOWEVER

If you have a choice between a windows7 Localhost, or an XP (sometimes they have that for v111) choose the XP client.

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Lol what are you guys talking about. V83 and V62 work just fine on windows 8.

v62 - Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83) - RaGEZONE Forums v83 - Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back