Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that working?
has somebody tried it already?

greetz fabio

Have Fun!
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys say it doesn't work... I've been using all kinds of versions from 83 to 120 on my Windows 8 and it works perfectly. Even without compatible mode.

Upvote 0
Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm actually having some trouble running it now. Are you using compatibility mode? I get an incorrect parameter message.

O_O ... have you installed all your updates? :O I've been screwing around with a personal project which was v55 I can run v55 no problems at all on W8 :O

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Close MSN/windows live messenger if you're getting an incorrect parameter error maybe. For some reason this fixes my issues on v104 when launching from windows 8. However, if you're using HackShield from a lower MS version of v124 or below then you have to do some stuff. People using localhosts do not have to worry about that.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Close MSN/windows live messenger if you're getting an incorrect parameter error maybe. For some reason this fixes my issues on v104 when launching from windows 8. However, if you're using HackShield from a lower MS version of v124 or below then you have to do some stuff. People using localhosts do not have to worry about that.

I've noticed that it works if I use WinXP SP 3, but only if I keep trying (and eventually it launches). It's strange...

Upvote 0
Have Fun!
Reaction score
I get an incorrect parameter error :/

I don't really know what the problem can be because I never had any, it just worked as usual... the only time I had a problem was at v118 where I had to run it on compatibility mode.
I'm using the MSDN Pro version that was leaked back then, if it helps. Build 9200 according to system info.

-Sent from my mobile-

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yeah, because v125 is where MS got full compatibility for windows 8.. so of course it won't work each time.
I don't really know what the problem can be because I never had any, it just worked as usual... the only time I had a problem was at v118 where I had to run it on compatibility mode.
I'm using the MSDN Pro version that was leaked back then, if it helps. Build 9200 according to system info.

-Sent from my mobile-

Found the problem. Closing MSN and Skype allows MS to launch normally under Windows 8 :)
ycFGdJZ - Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Playing Maplestory v83 on Windows 8 is possible. But, it doesn't always turn out the way you want it. Even if you so the compatibility stuff, it may still get the parameter error. If you need help with Windows 8 on v83, just private message me. Have you guys heard of lolwut.exe? It doesn't work always either. Putting compatability mode in Windows 7 doesn't work as much as Windows XP Service Pack 3. I suggest playing your v83 before you open any application. If you do, just turn of Chrome, but your best bet is Skype.

Upvote 0
Back