Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    161Posts

Re: Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83)

Private Server on Windows 8 ? (For example v.83)
    from theoretical point of view any unpacked client is suppose to work on windows 8 provided the imports are fixed and the client uses native apis which dont change irrespective of windows versions. Maple dont use any os version specific apis and hence it will run on any windows version(which has those apis).
    Conquest @tuts4you @exetools @unpack.cn

“The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist.”
    ― Charles Baudelaire

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    817Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    Most versions of MapleStory (eg. v83/v111) will work under Windows 8, so be sure not to spread false information unless you're absolutely sure that what you're saying is correct.
    The v83 setup didn't correctly setup my MapleStory, so that's why I was assuming it wasn't working. Now, I tested it out. Just missing DLL files. :/ I can't work it on full screen. too lazy to download all of the dlls i require anyway. windows screen ftw.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liv3 View Post
    The v83 setup didn't correctly setup my MapleStory, so that's why I was assuming it wasn't working. Now, I tested it out. Just missing DLL files. :/ I can't work it on full screen. too lazy to download all of the dlls i require anyway. windows screen ftw.
    Strange, v83+ worked out of the box for me (with the exception of 117.1)

True MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    Ontario, CanadaLocation
    330Posts

I can't speak to being able to RUN a server... but playing one works. To run localhost, make sure its running in windows 95 compatability mode. Then it works just fine.

HOWEVER

If you have a choice between a windows7 Localhost, or an XP (sometimes they have that for v111) choose the XP client.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    700Posts

Lol what are you guys talking about. V83 and V62 work just fine on windows 8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v62.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	123207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v83.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	564.5 KB 
ID:	123208
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speccy.png  

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syre View Post
    Lol what are you guys talking about. V83 and V62 work just fine on windows 8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v62.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	123207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v83.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	564.5 KB 
ID:	123208
    I'm actually having some trouble running it now. Are you using compatibility mode? I get an incorrect parameter message.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    509Posts

I don't know why you guys say it doesn't work... I've been using all kinds of versions from 83 to 120 on my Windows 8 and it works perfectly. Even without compatible mode.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk 2

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    2,072Posts

I'm actually having some trouble running it now. Are you using compatibility mode? I get an incorrect parameter message.
    O_O ... have you installed all your updates? :O I've been screwing around with a personal project which was v55 I can run v55 no problems at all on W8 :O

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeR SoNiC View Post
    I don't know why you guys say it doesn't work... I've been using all kinds of versions from 83 to 120 on my Windows 8 and it works perfectly. Even without compatible mode.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk 2
    I get an incorrect parameter error :/

True MemberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    416Posts

Close MSN/windows live messenger if you're getting an incorrect parameter error maybe. For some reason this fixes my issues on v104 when launching from windows 8. However, if you're using HackShield from a lower MS version of v124 or below then you have to do some stuff. People using localhosts do not have to worry about that.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere View Post
    Close MSN/windows live messenger if you're getting an incorrect parameter error maybe. For some reason this fixes my issues on v104 when launching from windows 8. However, if you're using HackShield from a lower MS version of v124 or below then you have to do some stuff. People using localhosts do not have to worry about that.
    I've noticed that it works if I use WinXP SP 3, but only if I keep trying (and eventually it launches). It's strange...

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,122Posts

I've noticed that it works if I use WinXP SP 3, but only if I keep trying (and eventually it launches). It's strange...
    Yeah, because v125 is where MS got full compatibility for windows 8.. so of course it won't work each time.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    509Posts

I get an incorrect parameter error :/
    I don't really know what the problem can be because I never had any, it just worked as usual... the only time I had a problem was at v118 where I had to run it on compatibility mode.
    I'm using the MSDN Pro version that was leaked back then, if it helps. Build 9200 according to system info.

-Sent from my mobile-

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy184 View Post
    Yeah, because v125 is where MS got full compatibility for windows 8.. so of course it won't work each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPeR SoNiC View Post
    I don't really know what the problem can be because I never had any, it just worked as usual... the only time I had a problem was at v118 where I had to run it on compatibility mode.
    I'm using the MSDN Pro version that was leaked back then, if it helps. Build 9200 according to system info.

-Sent from my mobile-
    Found the problem. Closing MSN and Skype allows MS to launch normally under Windows 8 :)
    Last edited by greenelfx; 18-02-13 at 04:22 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    17Posts

Playing Maplestory v83 on Windows 8 is possible. But, it doesn't always turn out the way you want it. Even if you so the compatibility stuff, it may still get the parameter error. If you need help with Windows 8 on v83, just private message me. Have you guys heard of lolwut.exe? It doesn't work always either. Putting compatability mode in Windows 7 doesn't work as much as Windows XP Service Pack 3. I suggest playing your v83 before you open any application. If you do, just turn of Chrome, but your best bet is Skype.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement