Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Request] Populated Database

Reaction score
Hi,
I was working on a website and I kind of need a fully populated Database for testing.

All I need is Characters and their data (Characters, InventoryItems & InventoryEquipment tables are needed), as many characters as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
good luck ive been in your shoes and its not easy. thats why i got in bed with Eric. im not his exclusive dev but a helper, so he helps me in return

Upvote 0
Reaction score
good luck ive been in your shoes and its not easy. thats why i got in bed with @Eric. im not his exclusive dev but a helper, so he helps me in return
rip, halp pl0x
How hard is it to just generate dummy data?
It would be annoying to do that, the data have to be valid and also vary.
Plus, we are talking about several tables, such as Characters, InventoryEquipment & InventoryItems, and many columns, each is required to be valid. Doing what you suggested will definitely be very annoying...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Plus, we are talking about several tables, such as Characters, InventoryEquipment & InventoryItems, and many columns, each is required to be valid. Doing what you suggested will definitely be very annoying...
No it wouldn't, lol. It would be pretty easy. You just have to define the valid values. You can make it easier if you cache valid IDs using MCDB or something. You can whip up something that'd do it in a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
rip, halp pl0x

My bad. I admittedly thought you wanted simply JUST the characters table. If you wanted all of the rest, I see your point for sure.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
My bad. I admittedly thought you wanted simply JUST the characters table. If you wanted all of the rest, I see your point for sure.
Yeah I figured that I probably wasn't clear about what I need, should've noted the tables in the OP, my bad, Will edit now.

It's also very possible, by caching data from something like MCDB.
Of course it is, everything is possible.. But that doesn't mean it's not awfully annoying...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yeah I figured that I probably wasn't clear about what I need, should've noted the tables in the OP, my bad, Will edit now.

Of course it is, everything is possible.. But that doesn't mean it's not awfully annoying...

It's not. You can take an existing source that utilizes MCDB, and just use the cached values. Heck, you can even use Destiny (my source) to iterate over the existing data objects, as their data is already cached. All you have to do is find a random entry.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's not. You can take an existing source that utilizes MCDB, and just use the cached values. Heck, you can even use Destiny (my source) to iterate over the existing data objects, as their data is already cached. All you have to do is find a random entry.
I just checked it, Destiny's database is incompatible with it, I'm gonna have to make modifications to every query that uses data from the database (the ones related to characters and item data) and only after making it compatible with a standard OdinMS database, only then I'll be able to do what you suggested..

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Bump, I still need it :X
Instead of bumping, try to take an approach of your own before you beg for help. Like I said, it is very possible and even quite easy to do this automatically using C#. Here's something I made using Destiny which only took a minute. You can extend it for other character properties and even items (you only need Math.Random, lol).

Snopboy - [Request] Populated Database - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Instead of bumping, try to take an approach of your own before you beg for help. Like I said, it is very possible and even quite easy to do this automatically using C#. Here's something I made using Destiny which only took a minute. You can extend it for other character properties and even items (you only need Math.Random, lol).

Snopboy - [Request] Populated Database - RaGEZONE Forums

I would, except for two things;
A. Destiny's database isn't compatible it, so even if I was thinking about using it - it's a no-no.
B. I'm not really familiar with C#, or Java for that matter.
C. It's too annoying of a task to do xD.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I would, except for two things;
A. Destiny's database isn't compatible it, so even if I was thinking about using it - it's a no-no.
B. I'm not really familiar with C#, or Java for that matter.
C. It's too annoying of a task to do xD.

Those are three things, not two.
1. You can modify Destiny's database to be compatible with it, it's only a matter of changing the variable names or you can even make your own custom query after you generated the data.
2. Well, then sorry.
3. See 2.

Also, I doubt any server owner will be willing to share such information due to security concerns. So I think you're out of luck.

Upvote 0
Back