Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make you make a server/emulator from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My question is, how do people make an emulator for a game to make a private server from scratch.
Can someone link something with some resources or explain it.
I would like to make an emulator/private server for another 2D game.

I'm a programmer in Java and C++.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lots of hard work. Most online games use encryption but if you can get a packet sniffer or man in the middle proxy that decrypts and spits out the data you can begin to figure out what each packet does. From there you will just have to slowly reconstruct the entire game.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lots of hard work. Most online games use encryption but if you can get a packet sniffer or man in the middle proxy that decrypts and spits out the data you can begin to figure out what each packet does. From there you will just have to slowly reconstruct the entire game.

How to do it with a game where the server is not online anymore, and only got the client?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How to do it with a game where the server is not online anymore, and only got the client?

It would be fairly difficult, but you can piece the game together by reverse engineering the client. At that point though it may be secure (encrypted) and would require even more work. However, this is a MapleStory section and not a reverse engineering/programming section, so I'm going to have to close this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back