Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best vps for v83?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been using softsys for quite sometime since they have DDOS protection and good service .
But the price is a little bit expensive so I would like to know what other VPS can I go for ?

I'm not really sure what spec should I get as well ..
But I guess I will need 4GB ram at least ,DDOS protection and price are reasonable + reliable .

Thank you !

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Use linux(centos) and patch your server to fix memory leaks. CentOS is powerful because it doesn't run any background apps or windows apps. My v90 can host 40 people on a 1 gb server.

There are a lot of good ddos protected hosts. I have one for 8.99 us and it's 4 gb centos ddos protected

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
It is quite easy to learn. If you pm me your skype I would be welcome to help you.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can try search for windows vps since i'm also not good at those linux stuff..There is a cheap vps with ddos protection as well..I think ragezone advert in somewhere here..

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
TOO LATE, REFEREED HIM TO LINUX. ALL OF Y'ALL LOST. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
@Eric @eshays Especially you two

Linux master OS!

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Still thanks everyone for replying me here!

Well, I have no experience of linux so Zydee will be teaching me how.
But thanks for nfoservers.com too! if i need a windows VPS i will go and check it out for sure!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MapleStory and Linux don't mix.

MapleStory works fine on linux. I've run a few servers on it myself. Some recent, some not.

OT: You may also want to check out OVH, they have really good prices on their VPS/Dedicated Servers, DDOS Protection, etc.

There's also So You Start, which is a division of OVH. They have dedis.

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
MapleStory works fine on linux. I've run a few servers on it myself. Some recent, some not.

OT: You may also want to check out OVH, they have really good prices on their VPS/Dedicated Servers, DDOS Protection, etc.

There's also So You Start, which is a division of OVH. They have dedis.

I referred him there(ovh). Ovh has DDOS protection, yes, but it goes up to three layers; a protection not strong enough for "non-free booters" (2012 term! AHHHHH) So I wouldn't really consider that ddos protection. (I called them and asked how strong it was :p)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I referred him there(ovh). Ovh has DDOS protection, yes, but it goes up to three layers; a protection not strong enough for "non-free booters" (2012 term! AHHHHH) So I wouldn't really consider that ddos protection. (I called them and asked how strong it was :p)

While that is true, I have had it kick in several times without a hitch. In this day and age for MapleStory servers, unless you are one of the top 5 servers, you really won't have to worry about major Layer 4 or Layer 7 attacks. I've run a top 15 server in the past year on OVH and had the anti-ddos kick in once for a few hours. Server ran completely smooth through it.

The better DDOS protection you get, the more you will pay for the server. For most people, price is a major point and most basic DDOS protections will suffice.

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
While that is true, I have had it kick in several times without a hitch. In this day and age for MapleStory servers, unless you are one of the top 5 servers, you really won't have to worry about major Layer 4 or Layer 7 attacks. I've run a top 15 server in the past year on OVH and had the anti-ddos kick in once for a few hours. Server ran completely smooth through it.

The better DDOS protection you get, the more you will pay for the server. For most people, price is a major point and most basic DDOS protections will suffice.

Back in the day, rank 20 - 30 servers were still big so I would second that argument of back then :p OVH is good only now and not back then because most people now don't understand how to really attack a server EFFICIENTLY; thus, the first three layers are suffice. So I half and half agree with you.

I have ran two top five servers and have been an admin in a top 3, if we didn't have ddos that was $200 a month, we were screwed LOL...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Back in the day, rank 20 - 30 servers were still big so I would second that argument of back then :p OVH is good only now and not back then because most people now don't understand how to really attack a server EFFICIENTLY; thus, the first three layers are suffice. So I half and half agree with you.

I have ran two top five servers and have been an admin in a top 3, if we didn't have ddos that was $200 a month, we were screwed LOL...

I have to agree with you on that one. I had to pay for a DDoS service back on my v88 server when it was online. Granted some of the Layer 7 attacks I have seen on major servers is funny. Most don't think about Layer 7 attacks, since those are attacks on weak points of your code and not on the transport layer. I've seen some mid rank servers back in the day get hit hard by someone spamming ranking refreshes just from people having a browser constantly refresh.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Secure, reliable and affordable. Our and are hosted in . We have 24x7 supports.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Choose best Pakistan based for your business. The best, secure, fully managed and affordable reseller hosting.

Upvote 0
Back