Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Why do so few servers use MyBB as a forum?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Generally as a forum, most server's I've seen use XenForo, while there's nothing wrong with this, I'm just wondering, why not MyBB?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If I was to create a server right now, I would most likely use either xenForo or IPB, mainly because I own a license for both. Using a free forum software that you don't have dedicated support team for just doesn't seem like a good idea if you have these other options. If I did not own a license for a paid forum software, I would most likely use MyBB.

Paid softwares also have constant updates to them, while free softwares are updated much slower, in most cases at least. I love seeing the software evolve and gain new features, which you really don't see that much in free ones.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using mybb right now. Since its free and gets the job done, which honestly is all that's needed

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Generally as a forum, most server's I've seen use XenForo, while there's nothing wrong with this, I'm just wondering, why not MyBB?
People want stupid poop into the forums like special badges and stuff that works without addons/mods and some people think it's more nice to have "good looking" forum, because people thinks "Oh, they have a license. This project is serious."

Like 97% of the RaGEZONE user servers are down due lacking skill on development or just getting bored or simply they're getting some messages from lawyer. I don't even believe in this site anymore. Just looking around what people are doing nowadays.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
mybb free to use beside there's alot you can add on to the forum that was starting forum for new server recommended as well

Upvote 0
Back