Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Virus-free v55 Localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone had an original v55 localhost version, as all I've encountered in this forum (and on the internet, in general) have a virus (spyware.onlinegames; detected by malwarebytes).

I would appreciate it a lot.

Cheers.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
None have viruses on them, I can assure you.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your antivirus (Norton, AVG, MacAfee) probably thought it was a virus. add it to your exception list.

Upvote 0
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can remember antivirus applications found a Themida virus. Known problem :|. Even unpacked btw. You could try to remove the now unused Themida code section at the end of the file.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Previous localhosts that I've inspected are packed with Themida, which causes the false positive. Be aware that it's not recommended to host your localhost on your webhost, as it will be flagged as a false positive and you will be accused of distributing malware.

Upvote 0
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh, and another thing, MapleStory fixed this by digitally signing the executable afaik :p

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Previous localhosts that I've inspected are packed with Themida, which causes the false positive. Be aware that it's not recommended to host your localhost on your webhost, as it will be flagged as a false positive and you will be accused of distributing malware.

you're like the god of necro posting

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back