Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aetherion [New MapleStory Site]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so pretty much Maplestory now have a new website for their game and if i remember correctly a website/cms (not publically released) was made for the old site that was in use so i've decided just out of fun to recreate their own site and modify it into a site that can be used as a PS website (I can't really code in such an advanced manner but im purely just making the design for it). I think..this is allowed XD Dont see it done often but yeah...

Yes it may not be as hard as it seems but regardless time is always taken if you want to duplicate something and slightly modify it to make it work out to how you want it to be and i just liked the design personally & wanted to kill time since summer is well getting boring.

Again if something is not appealing to you which could make it work more please do post. I would appreciate if you don't flame saying idk like im talentless or so, but doing something like this does boost creativity (Also a first website design i've done in such a long time).

I found it a bit difficult to integrate usability like the User CP but im still integrating that. So tell me what you think, i think this would be nice as a CMS. If not i can plainly code it in HTML/CSS but it wont have the fancy effects which you can do with javascript(? i think) and php.

Some changes such as footer arent really major so im not going to change those just yet, im not gonna design every single page but the main concept will be there, i.e. ill miss out little pages such as confirm changes

Home
Prestige - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

Home (When Logged in)

Home (When maintenance is occuring)

Register

User CP When using Direct Link

User CP Login Wrong PW

User CP (User Level)

User CP (AdminLevel)

Modifying Information

Downloads

[24/08]
Added;
Home Page (Logged Out)
Home Page (Logged In)
Home Page (During Maintenance)

[25/08]
Register Page Added
UserCP Login Page Added

[26/08]
User CP Login Wrong PW Added
User CP (Regular User Level Added)
User CP (Admin Options Added)
Modifying Information Added

[31/08]
All previous images have been re-done to match new scheme
Re-allignments of images complete

[02/09]
Downloads Page Complete
Updated Main Images on Front page with newly designed ones

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems redundant to me having the links to the forums, voting, rules, and user cp in the footer like that. That is what the navbar is for imo

That being said, I really love how this looks! Especially the navigation bar and jumbotron image. This has incredible potential. :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems redundant to me having the links to the forums, voting, rules, and user cp in the footer like that. That is what the navbar is for imo

That being said, I really love how this looks! Especially the navigation bar and jumbotron image. This has incredible potential. :D

Thank you,
Yeah true most of the links in the footer will probably never be used. However ill change them up but im considering keeping the usercp since thats the only alternative way someone can get there apart from when they are logged in (i guess they could directly type it into the url) but you know what i mean.

But thanks for the feedback!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If I'd see this website for a server, I'd actually give it a shot which is much more than I can say about most servers that are on gtop100 currently. So yeah great work, it actually looks professional.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot again c: Its nice to see positive feedback. Only inspires me more to complete this design hopefully continue it further and design more in the future.

//Just added a few more pages, tell me if they're okay. Im not too sure about the allignment but yeah im working on it

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You lined up the first featured news box with the images for the rest of the news, making the space in between the 2 featured news boxes seem awkward and out of place. It would have been better to do what Nexon did and have those images be have a smaller width.

The players online image, the "players online" text color is too close to the background color, making it not easily readable.

The 2 characters in the background seem too small, leaving out too much blank space. Personal preference there really.

Seems odd that User CP is in the footer, as people should only really access that once they're logged in.

Anyway, pretty decent.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You lined up the first featured news box with the images for the rest of the news, making the space in between the 2 featured news boxes seem awkward and out of place. It would have been better to do what Nexon did and have those images be have a smaller width.

The players online image, the "players online" text color is too close to the background color, making it not easily readable.

The 2 characters in the background seem too small, leaving out too much blank space. Personal preference there really.

Seems odd that User CP is in the footer, as people should only really access that once they're logged in.

Anyway, pretty decent.

Thank you for the feedback Zay, appreciate it

So yeah i need to re align a lot of things cuz im noticing it myself and centering text etc which can be sorted

Text colour for players online yeah i understand will make it more noticible and readable maybe just use the same white colour

The characters are indeed to small ill try find more bigger but good renders to put on that bg and post how it looks

As for footer text i think its irrelevant i guess and would be better to remove it fully? Or just keep like terms of service and rules there.

Thanks again

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lovely design! A suggestion I would say is try to add a bit of styling to the register page, the page looks a bit "forced and thrown there" just to finish the register page. Overall, the designing looks pretty amazing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lovely design! A suggestion I would say is try to add a bit of styling to the register page, the page looks a bit "forced and thrown there" just to finish the register page. Overall, the designing looks pretty amazing.
Fawk i meant to press like not dislike :c

BUT THANK YOU ill try to redesign the register page c:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
alright time for some real criticism because apparently everyone is blind

this is ugly
AZRqIKr - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

this looks like a button and it is ugly
KdjSZ1x - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

this just looks slapped on
tOElKVj - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

these navbar items just look slapped on as well, they are not integrated very well and they are way too big
M5WhvNN - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

• the design has absolutely no depth in general
  • a user's eyes will be completely lost when navigating such a website because everything is so disorganized
  • the colors are poorly chosen, look into some color theory to see how to make them work
  • it would be a nightmare to navigate this in a real life situation because everything is so large, it's almost like it was made for touch screens with desktop UX in mind

I feel like you just opened photoshop, started adding ui elements and called it a day when all of the elements were there, with no forethought

this is a good start, but there is a large amount of work to be done before this can be called "professional"
greenelfx come discuss about the missing ux here

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The site has a nice idea, but it feels very small and compact to be professional I believe.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright Thank you for the feedback, since its development what i'll do is set the main layout of all pages and then modify from there on out such as colours, positions and other elements such as text and all that.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
alright time for some real criticism because apparently everyone is blind

this is ugly
AZRqIKr - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

this looks like a button and it is ugly
KdjSZ1x - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

this just looks slapped on
tOElKVj - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

these navbar items just look slapped on as well, they are not integrated very well and they are way too big
M5WhvNN - Aetherion [New MapleStory Site] - RaGEZONE Forums

• the design has absolutely no depth in general
  • a user's eyes will be completely lost when navigating such a website because everything is so disorganized
  • the colors are poorly chosen, look into some color theory to see how to make them work
  • it would be a nightmare to navigate this in a real life situation because everything is so large, it's almost like it was made for touch screens with desktop UX in mind

I feel like you just opened photoshop, started adding ui elements and called it a day when all of the elements were there, with no forethought

this is a good start, but there is a large amount of work to be done before this can be called "professional"
greenelfx come discuss about the missing ux here
The colors and overall design were based off of the new GMS website, for reference

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The colors and overall design were based off of the new GMS website, for reference

Yeah, hence why ill change things like the players online, nav bar(try to anyway), download button and other things. But the colour scheme tbh in my eyes look fine. Ill experiment yeah but ill see what happens anyway.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

im not saying he should change red to blue or anything like that, I'm saying there was little thought put into the colors themselves. If you look carefully, the red on their website is less saturated than Xrin's and works better with the rest of the website as a result

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@oxysoft , Zaytrex
I tried to take the feedback onboard, still not completely but just taking some main points.
Changed the primary red colours to exactly the same as the official MapleStory page (It was more orange)
Ive made the nav smaller
Changed the players online button to just be a "plain" shape
Changed the login bar to a rectange rather than smoothed edges
Changed background images (larger)
Fixed positioning of the featured and updates
Changed footer useless quick links

Will still do more changes, but if you could tell me if im going the right way that would be great

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update; (I updated the main thread)
-Added Downloads Page (Tell me if that is okay, not sure how to improvise further)
-Redesigned all pages to match new scheme

// Not sure how to improve the register page any further either. Images etc would kill it tbh

Back