Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] MapleStory Web Framework

Reaction score
Re: [ALPHA] Sporter Framework v2

Working on Kernel, the current Kernel will probably be discarded soon and written from scratch again.
Started writing a small Registry with a few methods to manage your objects (store, storeSingleton, get, drop, clear).
Small autoloader, needs some work to be done, it's still messy and minimal.
A loader class to load whatever you need into your controller, there's base controller, example of model available in index.php, very elegant and beautiful, one of the main goals is ease of development and basically make it joyful.
Will be ripping Laravel's Blade template engine, I Ducking love it.
Will implement cache storage, view compiler (because we don't want the engine to parse all the templates all the time), database abstraction with fail safe, maybe even support connections to multiple databases simultaneously.
So far the design seems to be good, but still needs some adjustments to be fully compliant with PSR standards.
Composer might be implemented as an optional tool to handle packages but so far it is not necessary.

I've learned a lot about programming from working on this project.
If anyone wants to contribute, feel free to leave a message and we could work together.

OP is being edited now.

Reaction score
Discarded previous base, started new one yesterday, it's now open source and available on GitHub.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

So now that you're using industry standard components, what's the motivation behind this project? You'll find that frameworks like Silex or Lumen are basically what you're going for, if not more. Why not just build off of those?

Reaction score
So now that you're using industry standard components, what's the motivation behind this project? You'll find that frameworks like Silex or Lumen are basically what you're going for, if not more. Why not just build off of those?

I find every established framework to be overloaded with crap, also I prefer knowing the core that I'm going to work with instead of just dealing with the application related stuff, it's an opportunity for me to learn more.

The reason for doing this project is to both provide the community with a CMS that provides separation of concerns, best practices and most of all - flexibility.

I find it very difficult to replace templates on MapleBit for example, because the HTML and PHP are literally mixed together which makes me break stuff countless times and then fix it.

Another thing is that when the core is simple and small, changes can be made with ease should it ever be required.

I both like learning about PHP and programming as a whole and of course I need a reliable Framework for my pserver project so I could build CMSs for both the Test server and official server along with all necessary APIs and control panels.

You could help with code reviews or push new code if you ever wish to contribute, I'm hoping to push the pserver community forward in the right path of OOP and good standards, anyone who wishes to contribute is invited to do so :)

-Changes will be done to application.php, this code will most likely will be separated in a few methods inside a class instead of being in raw php structure.
-Need to implement Monolog and error handling later as well.

Reaction score
Bump, still being updated daily.
Latest commit has some basic initial extensions to the BaseController class (mainly new methods and properties for a View bridge, Loader and Model), a class template for the Response bridge (still working on it), a small fix for the Router bridge (accidentally put the parameters under "params" key where Symfony only accept the parameters as standalone keys and not nested inside a "params" key).

While there's still a lot of work left to do, as a base it's quite solid and functional as is.

I'm aware of the fact that it's still messy and the majority of the classes aren't documented at all (except BaseController which is at least 90% documented so far) but it's expected because it's a prototype and these classes are still being worked on and not finalized/polished.

Back