Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleSimplicity+Laravel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all,
This is probably going to be my last development/release thread ever :'(
I'm sure many of you are familiar with my website, MapleSimplicity. I originally released that CMS to show the Maple web dev community that creating sites using modern web technology isn't all that difficult.

I've decided to take this one step further, by coding the CMS again from the ground up using . For those of you who don't know, Laravel is an amazing, composer based PHP framework that speeds up development by quite a bit. If Laravel looks intimidating to you, my release (when it's finished!) should hopefully ease you into using Laravel.

Planned Features:
- Built with Laravel (duh!)
- All the normal pages (home, register, downloads, etc.)
- Use bcrypt instead of SHA1
- Basic user control panel
- Maybe get around to admin/user roles

Let me reiterate why this development is important. Currently, most, if not all, MapleStory CMSs (yes, even MapleBit!) use an outdated method of routing, templating, and password encryption. This development seeks to kickstart a new generation of agile, reliable, and beautiful MapleStory websites.

Thanks for reading!

** If you don't know how to implement bcrypt into your source, then go learn how to program in Java.

Last edited:
UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to start using Bcrypt, then you should start by looking here:

For Java:

Original:

SHA1, MD5, SHA512 were never made to use for hashing passwords, they were made for something else. Also, they are much easier to crack than Bcrypt. The thing with Bcrypt is that it takes much longer to log in the server with it, but it also takes much longer to crack it, where MD5 takes seconds to crack, and Bcrypt would take years to crack. So, Bcrypt was created to store passwords.

"Note: bcrypt is an algorithm that uses Blowfish internally. It is not an encryption algorithm itself. It is used to irreversibly obscure passwords, just as hash functions are used to do a 'one-way hash'."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Laravel is a great framework, we are using it as well for our websites.
Looking forward for this development, either way I'm sure you'll do a great job, like always.

Thanks..and I don't really believe that you're using Laravel for a maplestory site (sorry :p )

GitHub link is now online, not going to explain how to set it up here!
I'm currently having issues with integration with exists maplestory databases, so this is the largest priority atm. May have to resort to ditching the UCP (time constraints), and writing the registration script from scratch. Other stuff like making the config variables show up in views is not a priority, but will have that completed as well.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to use a PHP framework but never got around to using it because of the learning curve that came along with it along with the mildly ambitious things I wanted to do it made it extremely hard.

Reaction score
Thanks..and I don't really believe that you're using Laravel for a maplestory site (sorry :p )

GitHub link is now online, not going to explain how to set it up here!
I'm currently having issues with integration with exists maplestory databases, so this is the largest priority atm. May have to resort to ditching the UCP (time constraints), and writing the registration script from scratch. Other stuff like making the config variables show up in views is not a priority, but will have that completed as well.

We are using it for a game called GhostOnline because we are the only server, there are no CMSs for that game...
By the way, will you release it with Rankings included? If so, what GD will you release with it?
Please do read the PM I sent you.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Finally a CMS that uses a framework, and on top of it, Laravel.
Will definitely be checking it out, as I've just started to get into it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We are using it for a game called GhostOnline because we are the only server, there are no CMSs for that game...
By the way, will you release it with Rankings included? If so, what GD will you release with it?
Please do read the PM I sent you.

You said that there's no CMS for that, so does that mean you only have a site with just front-end content? If so, what do you mean it uses a PHP framework? I just think you're making stuff up as you go seeing how you were with a ton of your past "work". But yaknow whateves

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You said that there's no CMS for that, so does that mean you only have a site with just front-end content? If so, what do you mean it uses a PHP framework? I just think you're making stuff up as you go seeing how you were with a ton of your past "work". But yaknow whateves
I will answer on his behalf.
We worked on a CMS for a game we are developing and we are still working on it whenever we have time, it's based on Laravel framework.

Also, Kedar told me he quit from public development.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
>2014
>using php

is all about ruby and python now, the superior languages. Grails is also a great choice because the language is Groovy, the best jvm language

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
>2014
>using php

is all about ruby and python now, the superior languages. Grails is also a great choice because the language is Groovy, the best jvm language

Take into account if he or someone else develops a website other than PHP to the "public" it will be hard for them to understand how to use alternative language, its not that we can't code in ruby or python is that we shouldn't for the sake of the public. PHP is super easy to use since its already accustom in wampserver and xamp and easy for users to customize since its been around for awhile. Ruby is rather easy to install(I think) but somewhat hard to understand if you are new. People want released website to use for their servers, not to confuse them and force them to learn a language they don't want to, since the only purpose is to just "have" a website for the server. Python I never looked into so..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take into account if he or someone else develops a website other than PHP to the "public" it will be hard for them to understand how to use alternative language, its not that we can't code in ruby or python is that we shouldn't for the sake of the public. PHP is super easy to use since its already accustom in wampserver and xamp and easy for users to customize since its been around for awhile. Ruby is rather easy to install(I think) but somewhat hard to understand if you are new. People want released website to use for their servers, not to confuse them and force them to learn a language they don't want to, since the only purpose is to just "have" a website for the server. Python I never looked into so..

how about you get to community to change for the better instead, rather than using the antiquated piece of language that is PHP. I don't blame you for not having looked into python, I get panic attack every time I look at python code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will answer on his behalf.
We worked on a CMS for a game we are developing and we are still working on it whenever we have time, it's based on Laravel framework.

Also, Kedar told me he quit from public development.

arnt you the same guy? o_o

Reaction score
MapleSimplicty+Laravel update notes:
  • Added support for download/donate pages.
  • Added basic support for ajax voting, will complete this in the coming weeks.
  • Ajax rankings will be completed in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have completed a Laravel backbone for MapleStory sites. However, I will not be releasing it to the public anytime soon, as I plan on using it in the future for paid sites.
So, this development thread has reached EOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back