Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Preview] MapleGalaxy ♥

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hpmp - [Preview] MapleGalaxy ♥ - RaGEZONE Forums

hello this is my first post so i apologize if this is the wrong section
:s

anyways this is a design preview of a website i may or may not complete for my friends and i's server. i kind of just created it off of a whim and had fun with it.
feedback and criticism are appreciated ok

uh also i'll call it maplegalaxy bc it's lit like the galaxy

it's only the homepage btw bc i'm kind of a loser nd didn't feel like going in depth atm but if i finish other pages later and organize the layers i'll update this nd show the other pages!

preview:

tfw you put the wrong link as a watermark all over something awk
heh

also this is my 2nd ever website designing attempt my first is maplenova's current website design:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Good to see something new posted here.

The biggest weakness of both these designs is font choice. Both sites display inconsistencies with fonts, and just poor font choice in general. Your fonts are noisy, and borderline unreadable. Check out this answer from for more pointers.
Second, I think your color choice is a little uninspired. The dark website looks much nicer in terms of color choice, but the Nova site looks "drab" with the choice of green. Relying on borders to separate content components doesn't look great. I spent a couple minutes shifting some colors around:
jRVY1dz - [Preview] MapleGalaxy ♥ - RaGEZONE Forums

I've always found sites like and helpful when picking color palettes. I think if you revised the shades of green you use, this site would look much better!

Lastly, I think if there was a little more thought put into design decisions, both of your designs would look more refined. Think why each element is there, and the purpose it serves (eg. why is there a random cat image to the right? what purpose should it serve?).

Overall, this is a good start to designing sites. I'm sure you won't agree with some of the things I said, but check out the links and hopefully, you'll find them useful! Keep up the design work!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Cute, similar to the old websites haha
Anyway, change the font in Galaxy, it doesn't really suite the website, it's not suited for web, especially not as the primary font.
The latter I didn't really like personally although the concept is really cool in my opinion, it's just too much green tbh...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good to see something new posted here.

The biggest weakness of both these designs is font choice. Both sites display inconsistencies with fonts, and just poor font choice in general. Your fonts are noisy, and borderline unreadable. Check out this answer from for more pointers.
Second, I think your color choice is a little uninspired. The dark website looks much nicer in terms of color choice, but the Nova site looks "drab" with the choice of green. Relying on borders to separate content components doesn't look great. I spent a couple minutes shifting some colors around:
jRVY1dz - [Preview] MapleGalaxy ♥ - RaGEZONE Forums

I've always found sites like and helpful when picking color palettes. I think if you revised the shades of green you use, this site would look much better!

Lastly, I think if there was a little more thought put into design decisions, both of your designs would look more refined. Think why each element is there, and the purpose it serves (eg. why is there a random cat image to the right? what purpose should it serve?).

Overall, this is a good start to designing sites. I'm sure you won't agree with some of the things I said, but check out the links and hopefully, you'll find them useful! Keep up the design work!

Actually, I agree with most of what you've said. A couple of my friends said that they couldn't read event/news, heh, so the font probably needs to be changed. It's probably a bit too artsyish for the website!

The colors, completely agree... Honestly, the hardest thing about the first website was the colors for me, I just felt like everything was too open and felt like I was leaving so much space......

True af tbh I have no clue why I have the cat there.. I could probably use it with a chat bubble to announce server downtime, important events, or something else.
Also, those websites are pretty cool! Thanks!

Cute, similar to the old websites haha
Anyway, change the font in Galaxy, it doesn't really suite the website, it's not suited for web, especially not as the primary font.
The latter I didn't really like personally although the concept is really cool in my opinion, it's just too much green tbh...
Thankies!
Yeah, I'll have to toy with the font, and I agree about the old website!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back