Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Website In Progress

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's a video demo of the site

The store is powered by Ecwid

Looking for some feedback before I proceed to giving this website some color
(not sure if I will be able to make this noob friendly to edit)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna be 100% honest because you want some honest feedbacks

i don't even know where to begin, this website looks like a tryhard approach to your typical hipster presentation website
that website looks like a navigation nightmare; it completely throws standard ux out of the window and tries to look fancy and special

I'm pretty sure those navigations break the Geneva convention; it isn't even worthy of being in my peripheral sight. Come to think of it, it's almost like you jammed two different websites together: the main one and the one that you can hide and show at the bottom. Don't even get me started on the fact that there are two different navigations split into those 2

this is a evil spawn from hell and I hope to never again lay eyes upon this disgusting design
greenelfx check this out man u've got to see it in person

@op don't take it personal, work on what i called out and seriously rethink about what u're trying to accomplish here mate

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:*: Haha thanks for the feedback, seems like I got to go back to the drawing board now.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
My turn to be honest. It looks as if you just took a html5 template and just edited some text and added in a server description box. The colors look bland and the style doesn't really seem to connect with itself. I think you should start from scratch and really mess around with it to get a feel for what web development really is all about. There are plenty of great guides that offer a large variety of information.

Good luck towards your future endeavors!

Reaction score
Here's the issue with the site (and some people in this section). Everyone sees all these threads with flashy websites, servers coded in <insert hipster language here>, etc., and all of those threads are super interesting and all. But the only reason these people can make these things is because they have experience, and they have a solid foundation in programming.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this site was taken from one of those free HTML template sites. And there's nothing shameful about that, I did that when I first started out because admittedly, CSS is a witch to work with. But here's the catch. You need to start off at 0. You can't just make a MapleStory CMS right off the bat when you have no prior experience in web development and design. It's great that you made this. It truly is. It shows that you have initiative, which is already more than many people in this forum can say.

Anyway, here's what I recommend. Take a few days to go through the HTML and CSS courses on Truly understand what is going on, and make sure you retain that knowledge. Then, make a site design from scratch. It doesn't have to be groundbreaking, and it probably shouldn't. Just make a simple two column template with some images. But again, make it from scratch. The "from scratch" part is imperative. If you don't understand what a block of code is doing, look it up. Once you have a design and site that you're proud of, show us again and we'll see how you've progressed. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
@oxysoft, Zydee and greenelfx are right.
They already pointed out almost all I had to say though here are couple more points for you to think about.
Why did you add rounded corners to the right side of the two boxes and not both sides?
Why did you use these fonts? Typography is really important, never use Serif fonts unless they look especially good and fit with the flow.

Some suggestions for future designs;
Be consisted with your colors and fonts, never use too many colors (for elements, pick a good color scheme, try even contrasting colors like white and black. Don't use more than 2 fonts in a design, it clashes badly and annoying).
Everything you add, ask yourself "why do I add that? Why do I add it like that?"..
Be creative and also don't be afraid of looking at other websites for inspiration.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Yea this definitely does not fit for a gaming website :/

Yeah but don't forget that every website design could be adjusted and customized for games, you can see AstralMS' website for example, it originally was a Wordpress theme called Ask It.
It's just take good skills, experience and creativity to adjust one design to fit for a gaming site.
There are no limits to what you can do in a design, don't ever forget that :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah but don't forget that every website design could be adjusted and customized for games, you can see AstralMS' website for example, it originally was a Wordpress theme called Ask It.
It's just take good skills, experience and creativity to adjust one design to fit for a gaming site.
There are no limits to what you can do in a design, don't ever forget that :)
AstralMS's site isn't that great... And it's better to start with a layout with gaming in mind rather than a generic presentation-like website

Back