Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] [Source] [v83] Oh look, it's Xanadu! The v83 C++ sauze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Story:
Its been some time, but maybe someone wants to use it so I make it public again and since I got to fix 2 crashes yesterday (yeah I was lucky ^^), it should be really stable know.
For those who dont now, this is a titanms 2.0 based fork (v.83) mainly by me, the contributors are in the credits.txt file; theres also a command list.
The main reason why I bring it back is because theres rarely anything new here and this is not java but c++ is completly different.

All you need is visual c++ 2010, mysql server and mysql tools / workbench.

Tutorial for setting it up: http://forum.ragezone.com/f691/source-setting-xanadu-680824/

Trac:
Svn:
Mcdb:
Visual c++ 2010:

Configuration file: Settings.xml.

Enjoy it, sincerely,
Buya.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [v83] Oh look, it's Xanadu! The v83 C++ sauze

I've cleaned up & optimized the drop code alot, fixed some bugs - including the crash and not lootable drops. (needs more testing but it should be good)
Update to the latest rev and recompile, please test it by setting the droprate high and looting the drops.
I now work on guilds & ships. (yeah I removed them some time ago)

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Did you happen to get the couple skills I mentioned to you working? Im testing the others out tonight once I finish my paper.

Reaction score

Did you happen to get the couple skills I mentioned to you working? Im testing the others out tonight once I finish my paper.

I have not worked on skills yet, I'll be done with ships & guilds by tomorrow, then I'll work on skills, mounts, morphs, item effects :p

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ok well I'm testin all the skills I haven't yet by tonight so ill have a list of broken ones.

Reaction score

Instead of working on guilds I've optimized login:
Reduced querys, fixed memory leaks, removed code that wasted resources.
... and the project files:
Faster building & optimized settings.
I'm always trying to find stuff I can make better and I will do guild related poop as fast as I can. (I'll do ships slowly while I'm working on things)
Skills will be alot of work, thats why I want to be done with most of the other stuff first.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Props to buya again.

I've always emulated games in C++, always will.

Reaction score

Made more optimizations (mainly for party), cleaned up party, packet edit fixes.
Since party stuff is done I now do guilds.
Also other players are displayed correctly now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is it possible to make the server read a .wz file without extracting it? Perhaps it would be faster? I ask because I think I seen some one use a hex editor to edit something in a .wz file one time.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Unfortably I dont know how you would do this, but I'm sure mysql is faster.
And you dont have to extract it here, because the mcdb is used - which allows easy editing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah. I am just not satisfied with mcdb.

Reaction score

But you store the server data in mysql, so everyone should have experience with it and it is easy to edit. (just go to the specific table and search for the id or whatever)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah. I'd rather it read the server data out of the box so there would be no editing needed. I'm not even sure if odin from the first time it was released could load the new wz xmls(without modification). But my goal is to achieve this(just read the .wz's). The only reason why it doesn't seem to do this, is a time issue(it takes too long to load). I don't come here to play the game any more. I already did that :p. I just like c++ ;)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Some bugs or w/e.
How could I make the quest of Rogers Apple work?
And those reactors don't drop anything, so you can't get the chair at Pio.
Maybe fix the split road of destiny NPCs?

Spawn command does weird: !spawn 100100, you will get 1 DMG, and no snail, only when you type !spawn 100100 10
Not sure but shouldn't the FM portal go back to your last map? Well it goes to henesys instead.

Well this is a awesome source, much faster then java.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I removed saving of the last map for fm, lets say you use it when your in a boss map and then back you go back while people fight there.
Need to code scripted quests first, will be done sooner or later.
The mob spawn packet seems to be wrong, I'll check it.
The data for those drops isnt in, sadly theres no gms like I can use.
What do you mean with "the split road of destiny NPCs"?
You only get that message when you use @dispose, it actually seems like commands are executed sometimes even if you dont type anything (I cant tell why though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back