Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleBit] ExonicMS Theme!

Reaction score
It's pretty much self explanatory so there's no need for much information.
ExonicMS is a MapleStory web design made by @Iranhik back in 2011 or something.

It was later coded (front end only) by @NubPro but it was never integrated with a CMS and the coded template released by NubPro is very, very, very old!

So I took upon myself to recode and integrate it with MapleBit.

Although I rubbed it all together pretty quick, it's really great.

Due to incompatibilities with the default template (html code), I had to switch it to my own code, but it's still support (100%) all the other Bootstrap themes, it's just a bit different than the default template, also it has the default Mobile support because it's coded with Bootstrap.

When you're setting it up, do not forget to switch to ExonicMS theme and set your banner in the admin cp, path to banner can be anything you want but it is stored in assets/images/banner.png so you can upload it to imgur or whatever you want.

Why doesn't it include the announcement block (scrolling message)?
Because I wanted to make it as much compatible with clean MapleBit setups as possible, without modifying the Database.
If you really want the scrolling message block, and there are enough people who want it - simply ask and I'll code it.

Downloads

-MapleBit ExonicMS theme with PSD

Screenshots
Snopboy - [MapleBit] ExonicMS Theme! - RaGEZONE Forums

MapleStrap Teaser

Upcoming release is MapleStrap, a Bootstrap based template with a new CMS (back-end coding by @Kerning, design and code by @SnopBoy)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bump.
More comments?
If people start using it, I'll immediately create a repo for it and update it regularly to make sure it's secured, otherwise if no one uses it - it will be a waste of time and effort that could be better spent on other projects.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bump.
More comments?
If people start using it, I'll immediately create a repo for it and update it regularly to make sure it's secured, otherwise if no one uses it - it will be a waste of time and effort that could be better spent on other projects.

I mean there's no point in doing so.. think about it, the moment you make a repo and begin to update it, you basically forked Maplebit. I honestly find forking anything in web languages useless. Maplebit is in constant updates and strictly focusing in functionality and security, and all you did was grab it and apply a skin to it.

Honestly, if you mind answering, what are your updates going to consist of? Every time Maplebit gets updates, you will basically copy the changes and add small things to it. I just don't understand forking an already updating CMS. I just take this as a reskin. It's not bad, I enjoyed the old maple designs especially Mario's, but you won't be updating this any further than Maplebit's updates.

Also I highly doubt greenelfx will give you permission to update this along side Maplebit. It's like stealing codes, and claiming you will update it under your name. If you do, you will need to add credit to this at all times.

Overall, nice applying an old maple design to Maplebit, but don't ask for support if the original CMS is still being updated. When Maplebit stops being updated, then you may take over by forking it. Cype CMS is a good example, once it stopped being updated many forked it and applied their small changes and reskins to it. However, remember this is when the development STOPPED. I modified Cype through functionality, then released them as add-on to the original.

Just my two cents(I snoop the web development everyday to see new things, and came across this. I do apologize if this came as an attack when it isn't!)

Reaction score
I mean there's no point in doing so.. think about it, the moment you make a repo and begin to update it, you basically forked Maplebit. I honestly find forking anything in web languages useless. Maplebit is in constant updates and strictly focusing in functionality and security, and all you did was grab it and apply a skin to it.

Honestly, if you mind answering, what are your updates going to consist of? Every time Maplebit gets updates, you will basically copy the changes and add small things to it. I just don't understand forking an already updating CMS. I just take this as a reskin. It's not bad, I enjoyed the old maple designs especially Mario's, but you won't be updating this any further than Maplebit's updates.

Also I highly doubt greenelfx will give you permission to update this along side Maplebit. It's like stealing codes, and claiming you will update it under your name. If you do, you will need to add credit to this at all times.

Overall, nice applying an old maple design to Maplebit, but don't ask for support if the original CMS is still being updated. When Maplebit stops being updated, then you may take over by forking it. Cype CMS is a good example, once it stopped being updated many forked it and applied their small changes and reskins to it. However, remember this is when the development STOPPED. I modified Cype through functionality, then released them as add-on to the original.

Just my two cents(I snoop the web development everyday to see new things, and came across this. I do apologize if this came as an attack when it isn't!)

While I really appreciate you, sharing your thoughts you're partially incorrect.
The reason for this being updated with MapleBit is to make sure that people who uses it will be able to get the latest MapleBit updates and have their website as secure as MapleBit.
Most server owners simply download the website, install it and that's it, they don't touch the code nor know what to do with it, that's why I, with GreenElf's advice, will update it if there's a demand.
He actually told me there's no reason to release it unless I update it with MapleBit to make sure it's secured.
I do not claim credits for the code, as it clearly states (multiple times in quite a lot of very visible places, along the thread itself), I only claim credits for the coding of the front end and integration with MapleBit. The Design is Ironic's, powered by MapleBit by GreenElfx.
This is only provided as an alternative to people who want a different design but lack the knowledge/experience in doing it themselves.
It supports all the default bootswatch bootstrap themes, along with one that was created specifically for it, it has a different design structure (front end) than MapleBit.
Although not specified, this release is released with the same License MapleBit is released with, and is fully copyrighted by GreenElfx (back end - MapleBit) and Ironic (design). I do not claim any rights on this and only included my credit in the footer for coding the template and integrating it.

Thanks for pointing it out, I guess I should've clarified it in detail.

Since you're a web developer, I'd really appreciate it if you'll take a look into Sporter's source code which is available in my development thread, I'm eager to receive feedback so I could both improve my programming skills, learn more and also pickup good habits (semantics, best practices, code structures/styling, etc).

Back