Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

QuackCMS 1.0

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
So, this is the first fully coded website I ever made. =D (In the future I will make more professional website). :glare:
Its a cute basic MapleStory CMS which can be easily edited. :love:

Website Picture: . (The youtube video just took a random server URL)
Download: .

Details:
-Coded in ASP.NET.
-Has User Control Panel to edit password and pic.
-The ranking is top 10 players with reborns.
-The vote and donation code needs to be added by you.
-The website information and sql connection can be easily editable in Information.cs:
xdhsWOa - QuackCMS 1.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

-The website coded in Visual Studio 2015, to connect to MySQL needed to download: .

Thanks and enjoy! :p

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Good job Naveh!
One thing I didn't quite understand about your queries, why don't you place a limit for the number of rows?
The for() loop in the rankings for example, including the preceding if() statement could be eliminated easily and shorted, in the query you could simply add a limit of 10, then instead of having an if() and for() - you could simply run a simple foreach() loop, without the need to define a limit for the loop itself :p

Also you did not add the server status socket?
Next step could be fetching the topMessage from the Database, perhaps adding a news page or something? :p
Another thing I didn't quite understand is why do you have the same file for each page, like the same file with the same code with just it's name changed for the page? If it's means to be a controller, it could be done in a better way, you could also add a a nice routing for the app, perhaps separate the queries into separate files in a Model container, also separate the output from the logic, use the MVC pattern :p

Also finally a public web development with OOP instead of raw code lol :D
Again, good job! :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good job Naveh!
Thanks dude :p
One thing I didn't quite understand about your queries, why don't you place a limit for the number of rows?The for() loop in the rankings for example, including the preceding if() statement could be eliminated easily and shorted, in the query you could simply add a limit of 10, then instead of having an if() and for() - you could simply run a simple foreach() loop, without the need to define a limit for the loop itself :p
Well, I didn't know about the foreach() loop, until right now, lol. I used an if() because it gave me an error if I will put it as max 10 in the for loop for the simple reason that I don't have 10 rows to show, I got only 4 in my database. So I did if the admin got less than 10 users it will post all of them, else if he got 10 or more it will post only 10 of them.
Also you did not add the server status socket?
I did it with other way with TcpClient (In the SqlConnector.cs):
Code:
public static bool status(string ip, int port)    {
        TcpClient tcpClient = new TcpClient();

try
        {
            tcpClient.Connect(ip, port);
            return true;
        }
        catch (Exception)
        {
            return false;
        }
    }
and in the master page I wrote:
Code:
<span>Status: <span id="status"><% if (SqlConnector.status(Information.serverIp, Information.loginPort))                                                   {
                                                       Response.Write("Online");
                                                       %>
                                                                 <script>
                                                                     document.getElementById("status").style.color = "green";
                    </script>
                    <%
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            Response.Write("Offline");
                                                                  %>
                    <script>
                        document.getElementById("status").style.color = "red";
                    </script>
                    <%
                        } %></span></span>
Next step could be fetching the topMessage from the Database, perhaps adding a news page or something? :p
of course! Next website will be a lot more professional.
Another thing I didn't quite understand is why do you have the same file for each page, like the same file with the same code with just it's name changed for the page? If it's means to be a controller, it could be done in a better way
Can you tell me what files are you talking about? Didn't understand what you mean, each file has a different role of course.
Also finally a public web development with OOP instead of raw code lol :DAgain, good job! :)
:biggrin:

Reaction score
Thanks dude :p

Well, I didn't know about the foreach() loop, until right now, lol. I used an if() because it gave me an error if I will put it as max 10 in the for loop for the simple reason that I don't have 10 rows to show, I got only 4 in my database. So I did if the admin got less than 10 users it will post all of them, else if he got 10 or more it will post only 10 of them.
That's the problem, the "right" way is to not repeat yourself, you can handle it dynamically like i said, and the limit should be set in the query itself.
I did it with other way with TcpClient (In the SqlConnector.cs):

and in the master page I wrote:
TcpClient is basically opening a TCP socket, so it's what I meant, just wasn't familiar with C# syntax to point you to the function/object itself :p
of course! Next website will be a lot more professional.

Can you tell me what files are you talking about? Didn't understand what you mean, each file has a different role of course.

:biggrin:
I hope so xd
If you're into some PHP let me know, will be fun to work together on some project :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looks really nice!
The best websites are the simplest in layout.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree that some of the best websites are the simplest in layout. I commend you for your work. However, I honestly feel this is aesthetically unappealing at first glance because of the font.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree that some of the best websites are the simplest in layout. I commend you for your work. However, I honestly feel this is aesthetically unappealing at first glance because of the font.
I agree, I forgot about that..
But anyway things like that can be easily changed in MasterPage.css in seconds, each person to the font he likes.

Back