• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[RELEASE] STREDIT for Old MapleStory clients - With Edit!

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haihai,

Bit late, but I finished (an internally advanced) STREDIT that is only for old MapleStory clients, that use a StringDecoder (like V.40 Beta, <= V.75(?) GMS clients and the BrazilMS server). The V.255 KMSTB client does not use this method.

Download Link:

cheers.

Oh, before I forget, thanks go to csproj for bugging me once more and pointing me in the right direction. He also reversed the crypto (and used a reflected test STREDIT to test) so I could implement it correctly.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
first comment ^-^

nice release ! ty <3

Reaction score
Thanks, for this. I never knew that Stredit didn't work with v62 o-o. (Time to put it in my MapleStory PrivateStory Folder.)

^Exactly, he got infract banned and he doesn't know when to stop. :junglejane:

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
OH MY Ducking GAWD I LOVE YOU
(no homo)

Lol... Sorry, it's just that I'm really excited about this.
I wanted one for old versions long time ago, And right when I need it even more.
Thanks bro, really thanks.
I'm making flips in the air right now.

Reaction score
OH MY Ducking GAWD I LOVE YOU
(no homo)

Lol... Sorry, it's just that I'm really excited about this.
I wanted one for old versions long time ago, And right when I need it even more.
Thanks bro, really thanks.
I'm making flips in the air right now.

People won't play old versions like you're making (v.51) unless it's v40b.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
People won't play old versions like you're making (v.51) unless it's v40b.

Well, it's not purely v51 GMS-like, but exactly like FutureLegend mainly based on that version, mixed with many others.
I'm also using a re-director with a custom encryption and stuff (GGless localhost as the client the redirector will you, So STREdit can work with it), STREdit for old versions really makes my experience easier since I can freely change strings like in the old base. You have no idea how thankful I am to him right now..

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not purely v51 GMS-like, but exactly like FutureLegend mainly based on that version, mixed with many others.
I'm also using a re-director with a custom encryption and stuff (GGless localhost as the client the redirector will you, So STREdit can work with it), STREdit for old versions really makes my experience easier since I can freely change strings like in the old base. You have no idea how thankful I am to him right now..

isnt that called wz editing ?

Reaction score

Why not just create a normal local host, rather than a redirector? Also, I doubt people are going to play such version, especially with tons of WZ Edits. I suggest moving to a more playable version. Other than that, it's just a waste of time.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
isnt that called wz editing ?

Nope.
WZ editing is just the maps, design and items... With just that, I wouldn't be making such a fuss from this server.
There's a lot of systems I coded to make the gameplay experience more unique and fun, And most of them work in any version.. So it doesn't matter what I base it on.

Why not just create a normal local host, rather than a redirector? Also, I doubt people are going to play such version, especially with tons of WZ Edits. I suggest moving to a more playable version. Other than that, it's just a waste of time.

Everything's a waste of time in this pointless life, bro.
And the re-director is to prevent packet sniffing.. In my opinion, This version is pretty good to base my things on.. Whether people will play or not - I guess it's a matter of time till we find that out.

Reaction score
Nope.
WZ editing is just the maps, design and items... With just that, I wouldn't be making such a fuss from this server.
There's a lot of systems I coded to make the gameplay experience more unique and fun, And most of them work in any version.. So it doesn't matter what I base it on.

Everything's a waste of time in this pointless life, bro.
And the re-director is to prevent packet sniffing.. In my opinion, This version is pretty good to base my things on.. Whether people will play or not - I guess it's a matter of time till we find that out.

Uhm, what? To prevent packet sniffing? Why would anyone want to sniff a v51 server? Nevertheless, they can take a client and get the damn packets from there, they don't need your server, LOL.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Uhm, what? To prevent packet sniffing? Why would anyone want to sniff a v51 server? Nevertheless, they can take a client and get the damn packets from there, they don't need your server, LOL.

It's not about the version... It's about editing/sending/blocking packet.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Actually, yes.
Some of them just google for the packets to send and open up a packet editor.

Obviously it's possible, But packet editing usually goes together with sniffing.

Back