Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Website]vBulletin Modification: Auto OdinMS Registration

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
vBulletin Mod. / Addon
Auto OdinMS Registration

Sorry for the level of vulgarity used :) It is actually a 'programming technique' of mine which will be described later on :D

[1] What is this?
In short, it is another piece of **** from my repository (which is quite pointless considering I am the only one able to access/modify it, lol) that I have not touched for a long time, and therefore... would like to share (cause I have no use for it, so expect more crap from me soon).

It is a small vBulletin modification I made for Krypto??/Valhalla/?? vBulletin 3.8. I would not really call it a Plugin as it does not work like ones you normally see, it is an extremely 'messy' and 'lazy' attempt at integrating OdinMS with vBulletin - which is why I am not too bothered about releasing it.

However, since I am a nice guy, I decided to touch it up a bit before releasing it :) With that being said, it has been successfully tested (2 times) on a vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 1 (oh yes... it is nulled, all these random Patch Level 1, Patch Level 2, R2, Gold Edition bull poop).

Some of you would had seen me release this somewhere else before, but oh well! I am just going to release it here.

[2] How does it work?
The vBulletin registration page to be honest, is pretty complete. What I have done is modified the register.php to ALSO CHECK if the username is taken on your MapleStory schema, accounts table in addition to checking if it already exists on the forum and finally, insert it into the OdinMS database.

Someone registers -> Checks if username is taken in OdinMS table -> If success, add user to OdinMS schema - If fail, display username taken error.
As simple as that. I also noticed that when you enter your username on the username input field, there was a small ajax username checker, I modified ajax.php to check in the OdinMS tables as well (hot ey? No).

Required OdinMS Fields: name, password, birthday, email, lastknownip

[3] I want it...

If you want to be a pro, you can download it here (attachment)
If you want to be a nooblet, you can follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Register.php

Look for:
PHP:
$userdata->set('ipaddress', IPADDRESS);

Below it, add:

PHP:
    /* MapleStory Ballsacks Start */
    $conn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'passwordhere') or die("An Error Has Occured - Please Contact An Administrator (REF#MC-)");
    mysql_select_db('dbnamehere', $conn) or die("An Error Has Occured - Please Contact An Administrator (REF#MCDB)");

## Gay Tard Variables (not really needed :P)
        $IANname = $vbulletin->GPC['username'];
        $IANpassword = sha1($vbulletin->GPC['password']);
        $IANdob = $vbulletin->GPC['year'].'-'.$vbulletin->GPC['year'].'-'.$vbulletin->GPC['year'];
        $IANemail = $vbulletin->GPC['email'];

## B**ch a*s username check. Fag***ry vBulletin.
        function checkUsername($faggotry, $obj)
        {
            $query = sprintf("
            SELECT COUNT('id') 
            FROM accounts 
            WHERE name = '%s'",
            $faggotry);
            $result = mysql_query($query, $obj);
            $total = mysql_result($result, 0);
            return $total;
        }

if (checkUsername($IANname, $conn) > 0) {
            $userdata->error('usernametaken', $vbulletin->GPC['username']);    // Reusing vBulletin's Error :P ?
        }
    /* MapleStory penis End */
Notice my level of profanity? Well subconsciously it will help you remember the name of the comment better, thus, in the event you want to look for it, you will remember what to search for :)

Where required, MODIFY ALL DATABASE INFORMATION.

Now find:
PHP:
        $show['errors'] = false;

Below it, add:

PHP:
        /* Save MapleStory Bulls**t Son-Of-A-**t*h Data */
        $query = sprintf("
        INSERT INTO 
        accounts (name, password, birthday, email, lastknownip) 
        VALUES ('%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s')",
        $IANname, $IANpassword, $IANdob, $IANemail, IPADDRESS);
        if (!mysql_query($query, $conn)) {
            die ('Bu*ls**t happens: '.mysql_error());
        }
        mysql_close($conn);
        /* End B*lls**t Here */

Step 2: Ajax.php

Look for (or similar):
PHP:
$userdata->set('username', $vbulletin->GPC['username']);

Below it, add:

PHP:
    /* MapleStory B****hit #2 */
    $conn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'passwordhere') or  die("An Error Has Occured - Please Contact An Administrator (REF#MC-)");
    mysql_select_db('dbnamehere', $conn) or  die("An Error Has Occured - Please Contact An Administrator  (REF#MCDB)");

## witch butt username check. Fa***try vBulletin.
        function checkUsername($faggotry, $obj)
        {
            $query = sprintf("
            SELECT COUNT('id') 
            FROM accounts 
            WHERE name = '%s'",
            $faggotry);
            $result = mysql_query($query, $obj);
            $total = mysql_result($result, 0);
            return $total;
        }

if (checkUsername($vbulletin->GPC['username'], $conn) > 0) {
            $userdata->error('usernametaken', $vbulletin->GPC['username']);    // Reusing vBulletin's Error :P ?
        }

mysql_close($conn);
    /* MapleStory Bull**** Ends... Again */
Finish :) Short. Sweet. Simple. Easy?

[4] Problems...

1. If you have a seperate OdinMS registration script, it would be advisable for you to integrate it into vBulletin, otherwise use this modification alone!
  2. Password Recovery/Reset? Password Modification?
    Feel free to work this yourself :) I did not bother going as far as profile modifications, etc. Should be easy, so just play around with it.
  3. This isn't really a problem, but...
    I DISLIKE VBULLETIN .

Thanks. Peace.

EDIT: Added screenshot. For some apparent reason(s), people like to ask for screenshot(s)... even for things that you can't really show through screenshots. Funny guys.

Uploaded with

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: vBulletin Modification: Auto OdinMS Registration

this is great i might give it a shot and do some edits and see if i can play around and get it a little bit more integrated and add like your char as your avatar and your char info on the side of your posts but idk i dont have vb installed on my server

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Good job! :D

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ian how can i explain my love to you? :hippie:

Haha man. You already did :) Thanks everyone else.

this is great i might give it a shot and do some edits and see if i can play around and get it a little bit more integrated and add like your char as your avatar and your char info on the side of your posts but idk i dont have vb installed on my server

Yea, that's possible. For a cleaner routine, I would suggest playing around with vB's Models (mainly inside the includes folder). Perhaps setup a dm class for OdinMS (or whatever server emulator you are using). The rest is to do with modifying the templates itself :) Good luck.

I would take it that you mentioned about it since you made that very detailed and specific guide. Sorry but I did not notice that thread unforunately (mainly cause I do not browse through the tutorial section). Besides you did mention:

Lol, it just doesn't not work for vBulletin. It works for some other forums. You could use SMF.

Apparently I proven you wrong sir :)
Hence, I conclude myself, that it is not like that thread, but more or less similar in terms of concept/idea (even so, I do not really understand what you are trying to convey on your thread, but it does not seem like the same procedure to me).

Last edited:
may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

well good release but i don't really have any (0.-1%) knowledge on forums LOL

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ohhh mmmmm geeee, this is awesome! Im be a nooblet and follow the instructions.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Well Added to Library ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice job

Revolution-Entrepreneur
Reaction score

This could be implemented in IP board lol o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Awesome job...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I do understand this is old, however I feel that it'd be best to bump this rather than create a new thread.

Could anyone point me the way to doing this but to the change password page?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Never using vBulletin forum before.But Nice Job
+1

Back