Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web How to Make a FREE domain and website for MapleStory !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok. This guide teaches you how to get a free domain name and set up a website for MapleStory. Although you can use other CMS, you still can read at the CREATING A FREE DOMAIN section to get your free domain..

Part 1 : Get a domain name!!

Steps:
1)Check your domain name you want by going .Type inside the box and click the CHECK button.. As shown below..
hurrayposter - How to Make a FREE domain and website for MapleStory !!! - RaGEZONE Forums

2)If its not available, try again and get one available for FREE one..

3) You will probably see this picture when u get an available domain.
hurrayposter - How to Make a FREE domain and website for MapleStory !!! - RaGEZONE Forums

4)Thus click the Continue to registration button..

5)Here where come to a page where you need to register an account for your domain. Click the Create an account now as shown below.

6)Put all ur relevant information such as name, email address etc in this page.

7)Tick The "I accept the Terms of Service" below the page and press "Create an account now" button

8)After u press the button, it will show this page which tells you that the domain is successful registered to you! as shown in this page. Thus click the "Set UP" button!!

9)Press the setup button again located here..

10) Done for registering the domain.

Part 2 : Set Up The Domain..*** RECOMENDED ***
1)You got 3 choices where there is NAME SERVER, ZONE RECORDS, and URL FOWARDING..

2)Here i will explain only ZONE RECORDS and URL FOWARDING.(name server is too slow. it needs 1 day to setup)

(i)ZONE RECORDS
This part i will explain the ZONE RECORDS choice.
-ZONE RECORDS can directly point the domain name to your IP address. So when u host a webserver(maplestory cms) ur page for the website is ( wan IP) here. So this domain can directly point to your (WAN IP).

Lets say u choose to use zone records, press the button which i circled in red.

Then you will get this.. Here is some info u will need to put there to set up your domain.

**NOTE: GET UR IP ADDRESS IF YOU DONO HOW TO!!

SO FOLLOW WHAT THIS PICTURE SHOWS..

LAST, Press the SETUP Button.
And there you go, its done..

***IMPORTANT****
** IF YOU HAVE A DYNAMIC IP ADDRESS, YOU MUST CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN U SWITCH OFF UR MODEM/IP CHANGED, IF YOU HAVE A STATIC ADDRESS, THEN YOU CAN LEAVE IT THERE**

Part 3 : URL FOWARDING
This is a URL FORWARDING service which help you to point your domain to a longer name domain name..

For example, you registered a "xxxxxxxxMS.no-ip.org", then you can forward the domain xxxxxxms.co.cc to your xxxxxxxMS.no-ip.org

I personally recommend the ZONE Records.

Here insert ur information as shown below..

After that press SetUP and you get ur domain forward to ur old domain.. =)

PS: You can read other tutorial regarding your Registration Page or CMS.( i will write one more tutorial regarding CYPE if i got time) Thanks guys..

http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tut-how-to-make-a-reg-page-noob-friendly-400816/

REGARDS!!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OMG THANKS one questions thou.. how do i upload my CMS to the Domain?
or do i have to have Wamp up, there fore it will us my wan ip.
but i dont really understand HOW to get my CMS up there :) LOL

FIRST POST XDD

EDIT 1: //// I understand EVERYTHING there. put how do i upload my CMS :)

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

FIRST POST XDD

You cannot upload files to a domain.
It doesn't make sense.

btw, duck referral links, stop tricking noobs.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A domain is just the web adress, too create the actual website you need a webhost.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For Wamp: Click the wamp icon and click "www directory". Upload crap in there, then start all services and turn on the server. Go to your domain (127.0.0.1 works too) and do what you need.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

FIRST POST XDD

you need to upload ur CMS(cype) into ur own computer and host them. if use wamp then, C:\WAMP\Apache\htdocs(if i didnt forget) put it there and tada u have ur website(with domain)..

Xephizion Development
Reaction score
Good for new users.

Thanks++;

Xephizion Development
Reaction score
I use the more advanced way .. DNS <3
But this one is great too

The most noob one is "web redirect" .. with mask LOL!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yeah.. DNS is the best option.. but it need 2 days to setup them.. i use DYNDNS with linksys modem.. it auto update my domain after my modem is connected.. =) maybe will write about it later..

Xephizion Development
Reaction score
I used to do the same with NETGEAR router :):

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
That's a subdomain not a domain ><

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good job, lol and there are ways to get .com, .org, .info domains. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you need money get the .com etc domain.. or u need to complete survey/offer to get them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's not exactly a domain, it's a sub-domain tbh.

the .cc part is like .com and the co part is like ragezone so altogether it'd be ragezone.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back