Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Server Advertising Guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!
Today, I wanted to share my succesful Guide on Server Advertising.

Requirements:
A Computer
Internet Connection

Just Finished your server? Start with Step 1!

Step 1. Make an account on youtube, (Or another popular video sharing website) and then make a video of your server. Show the servers best quality that it has and some things that are different.

Step 2. Upload the video and Make the title a name that people would search up. For example, people on youtube search up MapleStory Private Server a lot of times. I recamend you naming the video,
(Your Server Name and version) New Maple Story Private Server.
Now you need a discription just as good as the title! Make the description whatever you would like. Under all the server details you put, some tags people would search up. I would up like Maplestory, fangblade, dray, buttercast, xbox, etc..... You can put anything you would like at the bottem of your description!

Step 3. When you have some players, sign up at a crummy Voting Website and advertise your server on it. Chances are, you may find some players. Also you can easily get to the top ten servers on the site, since most servers only advertise on gtop.

Step 4. Sign up for more crummy sites and then start with some desecent sites.

Step 5. Sign up for gtop. Advertise there. You won't be popular right away, but some of your players will vote for you on their free will.

Step 6. The Bait. Lure your players to vote on all websites! Do whatever it takes! Give them NX or Points everytime they vote on a site. You could make a nice system for voting.

Step 7. You should have a good size community now. I recamend opening a donation tab on your site. With the donated money, you can advertise on different websites (RaGEZONE) or get a gold membership for one of your Advertising sites. You could then put a banner up. (Attracts a lot of players.)

Step 8. Keep taking notice of your advertisements, your video(s) on youtube could be popular and your advertisements can be in top ten. Your players will get more players. You have to rely on your players to vote or donate or recuit others now. You did a great job and they should repay you.

Thanks for Reading my first guide!
Hope it Helps!:tongue:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You should use some colors for dumb people (like me) like it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you can't afford to have premium membership on gtop, you shouldn't be running a server.

Makes no sense. Any decent vps will run you 30~40$ starting out, so if you can't afford 45~55$ a month you shouldn't run a server?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does that not make any sense? You should start out getting a gtop subscription, not go to crappy ranking sites first.

Okay. I'll keep that in mind next time I make a 70 player average server, which didn't have gtop premium until after it averaged around 60 players.

A good staff cares more about the people playing the server over getting new players into the server. Spending your money on a decent host rather than a gold subscription isn't a stupid idea. I don't see anything in my original statement saying "You should register for a crappy ranking site". I simply stated that a decent VPS, for starting out, will cost at least 30$. Even from a host as crappy as maple-hosting.com, a 1 gig VPS costs 35$ a month with a 1 month subscription.

If I were to go with any company, myself, I would do nuclearfallout (if I was going american)

Each of their machines have at least a 1g uplink, and they use amazing processors. Plus they dedicated CPU cores to each VPS, so you get the power you're paying for. That and their support is incredible

Back