Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web [Tut] How To Add VENTRILO Server Status To Your CMS (Website) - With Screenies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi And Welcome To My Very First Tutorial: How to add a ventrilo status server to your CMS (website).

u can see a preview in: - scroll all the way down.

Warning: THIS WAS MADE FOR KANTOCMS IM NOT SURE IF IT WORKS WITH OTHERS, PLZ DO NOT FLAME THIS IS MY FIRST GUIDE...

NOTE: THIS GUIDE LOOKS LIKE IT TAKES FOR EVER BUT IT TAKES ONLY LIKE 15-25 MINS!

THIS IS VERY GOOD TO HAVE FOR GUILDS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. - Download The Following Programs:
[For Ventrilo Server]: - scroll down and press on: "I Agree" to start the download
[For Ventrilo Client]: - scroll down and press on: "I Agree" to start the download

Download And Install Them To Go On.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jump Over This Step If You Don't Have Any Raouter

2. - After Installing everything its time to portforward
Portforward Number: "3784"
If you don't know how to PortForward Please Follow This GUIDE: http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=451789
Remember You HAVE TO PORTFORWARD NUMBER: "3784" Or Else It Wont Work!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. "Starting The Ventrilo Server"

Go To: Start>All Programs>VentSrv>Service>InStall And Let it Run

Then Go To: C:/Program/VentSrv and run all of the 3 bat files there after u runned them, Close them

ddspure2 - [Tut] How To Add VENTRILO Server Status To Your CMS (Website) - With Screenies - RaGEZONE Forums

Now Open Ventrilo_srv.ini - And Change Name=[Your Server Name] - AdminPassword=[Ventrilo Admin Password] - Password=[Password to join ur vent server (recommended to leave blank)]

ddspure2 - [Tut] How To Add VENTRILO Server Status To Your CMS (Website) - With Screenies - RaGEZONE Forums

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Now Turn On Ventrilo (the ventrilo icon in the deskop or go to Start>all programs>Ventrilo

Now You Need To Create Your Username Press On The Pile Pointing Right Next To User Name ->

Select "New": And Type In Any Username you wanna use:

Now Press OK
Do not fill in anything else.

Just Press OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Now Press On The Pile Next To SERVER: - Then Select "New" And Type in Ur Server Name

Hostname or ip: [Your IP Adress Or No-Ip Adress]

Port Number: Leave it as it is

Password: If you made a password to enter your ventrilo server on step 3, then type it in there if not leave it blank

Default Channel: Leave it blank

All Those Checked Boxes Leave Them As it is

Then Press OK

Grats you have your Ventrilo Server.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Adding the Ventrilo Server Status to your Site]

[Now this is for KantosCMS but im sure u will figure out how to add this on other Cms to]

Go To "http://ventrilo-monitor.com/code/index.html" And Press On The Unchecked Box

Now Here: You Probably See Something Like This

[Server Address]: Your Ip Adress Or No-Ip Adress END WITH :3784 Example: 12.51.32.123:3784 - mapledelux.no-ip.org:3784

Now on [Display Style], Thats Different Size's Its going To Be: i Recommend: 120X120 or 160x200

Channel Order: Leave it as it is (Default)

Border is only if you want a background of the ventrilo status server

Same With Color Settings

Channnel ID: Leave this blank

Auto-Refresh: Leave it as it is "NO"

Then Randomly you will see a code Example Like This

Code:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
   var vspy_width=120; 
   var vspy_height=120; 
   var vspy_style="120x120_html"; 
   var vspy_server="sj-ventrilo.nuclearfallout.net:23760"; 
   var vspy_borderwidth=1; 
   var vspy_bordercolor="000000"; 
   var vspy_background="FFFFFF";
   var vspy_fontcolor="000000";
   var vspy_linkcolor="0000FF";
</script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://ventrilo-monitor.com/js/show_ventrilo.js"></script>

you can also press on Preview to see about how it will look like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is when i got hesitated if it works on other CMS to, im going to explain how to do it in Kantoscms, but you will probably find out how to do it in other CMS to

NOW COPY THE CODE IN THE BOX

[And Paste it in home.txt under the last meaning save and close] home.txt is deppens where ur CMS is in my are in: C:/wamp/www/KantoCMS/includes/home.txt

i know that there isent any home.txt in any other CMS thats what u have to figure out your self sorry :/.

now go to your website the Ventrilo Status server are usually at the bottom - watch my website scroll all the way down untill you see it:

if you want other to join tell them to press on "Connect to Server"

[Grats you have created your Ventrilo server and ventrilo server status!]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits:

80% to me
10% to KantoCMS Creater
And 10% to Innovative For Portforwarding Guide.
------------------------------------------------

if you get any errors/question feel free to ask me.

Sorry for my bad english to.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE] How To Add VENTRILO Server Status To Your CMS (Website) - With Screenies

Erm this will help some people im guessing?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE] How To Add VENTRILO Server Status To Your CMS (Website) - With Screenies

is how it will look like in ur website when ur done

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i hope this will help people :O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It helped me I bought a vent server though this is for broke people. To set up an only 8 slot so only 8 people can connect. Mine is a 200 slot. :D Well anyways thanks for the site url. But the guide wasnt needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back