Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web [TUT] How to get .com .net or .org - Turning your IP into a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WELCOME to my guide on how to get .com .net or .org - Turning your IP into a domain.

Since no one ever helped me on RaGEZONE with this in the past, I thought I'd make this guide...
So, you've got your website up with wamp, but you have to visit your annoying IP address to access it? Heres the solution!

In just a few simple steps, you could have your own domain, something like
(I'm assuming you have your website on with WAMP on your Dedicated Server or VPS, if not, this guide may not work for you, I'm also assuming you have atleast $10 in your paypal account)

Simple Guide
STEP 1:
Buy a domain at domain.com & create an account.
STEP 2: Log into your account and select your domain in the "My Domains" tab
STEP 3:
In the account management section, click 'DNS management'
STEP 4:
If you haven't already got this up, just add the service.
STEP 5:
Once it says manage, on DNS management page, click it.
STEP 6:
AccuracyAce - [TUT] How to get .com .net or .org - Turning your IP into a domain - RaGEZONE Forums

Put something like that in, you can also add a second one with www in the first box in line with the IP address, so then you'll have www."MyDomain".com, without it, it'd just be "MyDomain".com, but I suggest adding them both.

-----
A Little More In-Depth Guide
STEP 1:
Visit domain.com
STEP 2: In the middle of the page, type the domain name you want, select from .com .net or .org
STEP 3: Select the domain you want, and click 'Continue' on the right hand side of the screen.

STEP 4: Click continue again, without making any changes to the selections.
STEP 5: Select 1 yr, or whatever you want, then click continue
STEP 6: Make an account there, click Continue, and anything else you need to do, once you get your account working and you can log in, atfer you've logged in, click your domain, in the "My Domains" tab.
STEP 7: Once you've clicked your domain, you will need to click "DNS Management", located at the bottom of of account management page.
STEP 8: If you haven't already got it up, there will be a "Add Service", click that, and go through the steps on the pages.
STEP 9: After that, go back to the Account Management page and select DNS Management, it should now say "Manage"
STEP 10: Click it
STEP 11:

AccuracyAce - [TUT] How to get .com .net or .org - Turning your IP into a domain - RaGEZONE Forums

Put something like that in, you can also add a second one with www in the first box in line with the IP address, so then you'll have www."MyDomain".com, without it, it'd just be "MyDomain".com, but I suggest adding them both, make sure to click update at the end, it will take a few hours (Or maybe a day) for everything to work correctly.

The END
-----
If there is something wrong with this guide or something that needs fixing, please post a response below.

- Cruze

PS. You could get cruddier domains/reroutes, from the .tk website aswell as DynDNS and no-ip, they're free.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How to get .com .net or .org - Turning your IP into a domain

Good guide, you can also use no-ip if you can't afford a domain

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

...or co.cc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

...or co.cc
... or .tk

But, don't co.cc and .tk stay the same after you go to a new site from a link?

i.e.
You go to a website through XX.tk
You click on the "forums" button and it redirects you to the forums, but your URL still stays XX.tk

It does for .tk, but I dunno about .co.cc
It sucks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

- free domain names..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

.tk isn't really a domain (the free one) its a redirect url...
so it stays the same.
whereas no-ip and co.cc doesn't, so you will have something like and
co.cc is domain-like (with nameservers and everything) but I think they are strict on websites.
One time they didn't allow my website.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice guide

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score

nice guide! but isent there some free website witch you can get domains like .org .com .net BUT you have to do offers?

Sorry for my english!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back