Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web GTOP'S pingback + MapleBit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone willing to share/teach me how to get pingback system on GTOP to work with maplebit?..

Reaction score
Hey,

Couldn't find it, sadly, probably it got removed when I erased my E drive a few months back..
Anyway, you could write your own or use the code provided in Gtop's website quite easily.

Go to your MapleBit folder, then assets/config
Create new file, call it pingback.php paste the following code in and save.
Then go to your Gtop settings page of your site, look for a line that says "pingback url" and write there your MapleBit address and the path to the file you just created (i.e. ) and save it.

PHP:
<?php

require("database.php");
require("properties.php");

$authorized = array("198.148.82.98"); // authorized ips to prevent exploitation

if(!in_array($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $authorized)) // if the ip address isn't listed above the app will exit (not proceed)
    exit;

$voterIP      = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["VoterIP"]); // voter ip address
$success      = abs($mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["Successful"])); // 1 for error, 0 for successful
$reason       = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["Reason"]); // log reason the vote failed
$pingUsername = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["pingUsername"]);

// if successfull vote, reward your user, use your own database!
$result = $mysqli->query("SELECT ip, account FROM ".$prefix."votingrecords WHERE ip = '".$voterIP."'");
if($result !== FALSE)
{
    $row = $mysqli->fetch_assoc($result);
    $name = $row['account'];
    if(is_array($row))
    {
        if($success == 0)
        {
            $reward = $mysqli->query("UPDATE accounts SET  ".$colnx." = '".$colnx." + ".$rewardNX."', ".$colvp." = '".$colvp." +  ".$rewardVP."' WHERE name='".$name."'");
        }
    }
}

$mysqli->close;

Just wrote this script using the information provided on Gtop's Pingback page, I didn't test it, so feel free to test and let me know if you have any issues.
I didn't want to add custom stuff that isn't a part of MapleBit (like a new table for the failed voting logs).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump! Still not working :(

Tried
<?php

require("database.php");
require("properties.php");

$authorized = array("198.148.82.98"); // authorized ips to prevent exploitation

if(!in_array($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $authorized)) // if the ip address isn't listed above the app will exit (not proceed)
exit;

$voterIP = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["VoterIP"]); // voter ip address
$success = abs($mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["Successful"])); // 1 for error, 0 for successful
$reason = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["Reason"]); // log reason the vote failed
$pingUsername = $mysqli->real_escape_string($_POST["pingUsername"]);

// if successfull vote, reward your user, use your own database!
$result = $mysqli->query("SELECT ip, account FROM bit_votingrecords WHERE ip = '".$voterIP."'");
if($result !== FALSE)
{
$row = $mysqli->fetch_assoc($result);
$name = $row['account'];
if(is_array($row))
{
if($success == 1)
{
$reward = $mysqli->query("UPDATE accounts SET vp = vp + 1 WHERE name=admin");
}
}
}

$mysqli->close;
?>
still doesn't work, made sure I voted with "&pingUsername=admin" & enabled fail votes pingbacks as well but still not gaining rewards.

Upvote 0
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-snip-
still doesn't work, made sure I voted with "&pingUsername=admin" & enabled fail votes pingbacks as well but still not gaining rewards.

You can have the one that I gave to someone else in a help thread a while ago that I cleaned up and modified to work with MapleBit. You need PHP 5.1 or up.
Put in assets/ folder. Don't put in assets/config/ folder. Name it whatever you want. I've also added in comments to help guide you.
This code is assuming that your vote site name has the word gtop in it.
PHP:
<?php
require("config/database.php");
require("config/properties.php");

$isCloudflare = isset($_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"]);

$authorized = array("198.148.82.98");
if(!in_array(($isCloudflare ? $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] : $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']),$authorized)) {
    exit;
}

// Using PDO, but only because I'm too lazy to revert back to mysqli. Also, good practice for you.
// Normally, you would use prepared statements for PDO.
// But because I didn't know this at the time I first wrote this (literally a year ago), I used the quote function.
$db = new PDO("mysql:host=".$host['hostname'].";dbname=".$host['database']."", $host['user'], $host['password']);

// Look at all the stuff GTOP is sending us! 
// We don't really need to quote/escape $success since abs() will only return an int regardless of what is put in the value.
$voterIP = $db->quote($_POST["VoterIP"]); 
$success = abs($_POST["Successful"]);
$reason = $db->quote($_POST["Reason"]);
$pingUsername = $db->quote($_POST["pingUsername"]); 

// Getting MapleBit stuff
$getVoteConfig = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."vote WHERE name LIKE '%GTOP%';");
$vote = $getVoteConfig->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
$nx = $vote['gnx'];
$vp = $vote['gvp'];
$time = time();
$times = 1;

/*
	It is not necessary to check if the user has already voted within the past 12 hours previously for GTOP. 
	GTOP already handles this on their site, and they will send us an error if their vote is invalid.
	So let's save ourselves the headache from verifying the time.
*/
// GTOP says yes!
if($success == 0) {
	$getUser = $db->query("SELECT * FROM accounts WHERE name = ".$pingUsername.";");
	$result = $getUser->rowCount();
	if ($result >= 1) {
		// Awesome sauce! GTOP says it's a yes, and the account exists! Let's give the player a big clap!
		$giveReward = $db->query("UPDATE accounts SET ".$colnx." = ".$colnx." + ".$nx.", ".$colvp." = ".$colvp." + ".$vp." WHERE name = ".$pingUsername.";");

// Add to MapleBit's voting record!
		$votingRecords = $db->prepare("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."votingrecords (siteid, ip, account, date, times) VALUES (:siteid, :ip, :account, :date, :times)");
		$votingRecords->bindValue(':siteid', $vote['id']);
		$votingRecords->bindValue(':ip', str_replace("'", "", $voterIP), PDO::PARAM_STR);
		$votingRecords->bindValue(':account', str_replace("'", "", $pingUsername), PDO::PARAM_STR);
		$votingRecords->bindValue(':date', $time, PDO::PARAM_STR);
		$votingRecords->bindValue(':times', $times, PDO::PARAM_INT);
		$votingRecords->execute(); 

} else {
		// That's weird. An account that doesn't exist? This shouldn't happen (unless the user directly modified the URL and put in an invalid username), but you should add code here to log it. 
	}
} else {
	// GTOP says something failed. We should add code to log it here.
}
?>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back